• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Starry

Having done this shit myself, it's more of a laziness thing, honestly. They don't feel like thinking through the more demanding shit. :p

(Please don't write him off, though, I could be wrong.)

I was thinking the word *almost* ...as in..."I almost feel you're trolling" would communicate...somewhat effectively to be honest...that I didn't truly think they were trolling despite appearances from my perspective. Similar to an "if I didn't know better" with a little wtf? on the side. I didn't even *almost* feel like writing the individual off...but can appreciate information that reinforces what I already feel ha.

Hunh. I wonder how much of my persona you've seen...

I have seen approximately zero of your persona. [MENTION=23098]Rico[/MENTION] though was for a time a regular visitor in the enneagram 7 thread where we have discussed Pe dominance and the like a few times over.

Starry

I'm not even going to waste my time here on this thread anymore.

I wish the members here could do more than waste your time...but after a while...when none of what people suggest clicks with you there's not much more that can be done. But wait for fresh members to sign up and take interest...or figure it out on your own.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wish the members here could do more than waste your time...but after a while...when none of what people suggest clicks with you there's not much more that can be done. But wait for fresh members to sign up and take interest...or figure it out on your own.

My main problem is that you are not seeing the big picture, and you're trying to type me off 'clues' as you call them. You haven't actually analysed me past what you see here. You haven't had a one-to-one with me, or discussed anything serious.

And if 'solid Pe-Doms' always change their mind and are moody why are some members here not 'solid Pe-Doms'? They are 'Js', and change their moods and mind in one day more than I do in a whole year. Your whole system of typing is flawed. You can't just bend the rules to suit me, or person X. You need a consistent typing system that's proven to work. Just Sayin'.

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
I was thinking the word *almost* ...as in..."I almost feel you're trolling" would communicate...somewhat effectively to be honest...that I didn't truly think they were trolling despite appearances from my perspective. Similar to an "if I didn't know better" with a little wtf? on the side. I didn't even *almost* feel like writing the individual off...but can appreciate information that reinforces what I already feel ha.

Well, good then. I'd be curious about your method as applied to me as well. XD

I have seen approximately zero of your persona. [MENTION=23098]Rico[/MENTION] though was for a time a regular visitor in the enneagram 7 thread where we have discussed Pe dominance and the like a few times over.

Awwww. :(

Well, s'alright I guess. XD

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My main problem is that you are not seeing the big picture, and you're trying to type me off 'clues' as you call them. You haven't actually analysed me past what you see here. You haven't had a one-to-one with me, or discussed anything serious.

And if 'solid Pe-Doms' always change their mind and are moody why are some members here not 'solid Pe-Doms'? They are 'Js', and change their moods and mind in one day more than I do in a whole year. Your whole system of typing is flawed. You can't just bend the rules to suit me, or person X. You need a consistent typing system that's proven to work. Just Sayin'.

This doesn't exist. Typology is subjective. If you can't accept that then maybe you should give up on the system for good.

You want people to type you based on some meta-depth? No one knows you better than yourself but you're the one who keeps asking people to type you and resoundingly rejecting everything that doesn't suit your label du jour.

You're asking people to play a lose-lose game with you. Are you surprised no one is taking it seriously anymore?

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This doesn't exist. Typology is subjective. If you can't accept that then maybe you should give up on the system for good.

You want people to type you based on some meta-depth? No one knows you better than yourself but you're the one who keeps asking people to type you and resoundingly rejecting everything that doesn't suit your label du jour.

You're asking people to play a lose-lose game with you. Are you surprised no one is taking it seriously anymore?

I'm asking for advice. I want to know why people think X is my type. I want to know why. I want to know more than just one vague reason.
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]- I mean, at least keep your damn methods/ideaologies consistent.
If you claim someone is Pe-Dom based upon 'erratic mood changes', at least apply that to others users. Not just me. Keep things consistent.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm asking for advice. I want to know why people think X is my type. I want to know why. I want to know more than just one vague reason.
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]- I mean, at least keep your damn methods/ideaologies consistent.
If you claim someone is Pe-Dom based upon 'erratic mood changes', at least apply that to others users. Not just me. Keep things consistent.

And the only answer that will ever satisfy you is one you reach yourself otherwise you will continue to doubt until the wheel stops turning. People can give you their perspective but they can't give you the magical insight you're asking for. The problem is that you keep asking for insight and rejecting it as superficial because it's only based on what you show. Of course it is. People aren't telepathic nor do they make a habit of investing themselves into other's psychological intimates without really good reason.

Typing, along with typology as a whole, is inherently subjective. Just because one's methods aren't immediately obvious to you doesn't mean they aren't consistent.

Starry

Not only have I talked to you before with regards to your type...you subsequently expressed agreement with what I had observed in you and the reasoning I used to justify my opinion of your type...more than once.

So I would say...you need a more consistent system of memory retention.

Likewise...what I expressed to you today as it pertains to Pe...is like freakin Pe 101. <-You didn't fuckin comprehend it...but perhaps you struggle with the difference between the meaning of "correlation" and "absolute". Either way...those *clues* come straight from the pros. And if you don't get the basics yet...then you're wasting our time.

And wtf? "big picture"..."one-on-one"...? Are you gonna fuckin pay me? Like I don't have better things to do with my time. Ungrateful fuck

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:peepwall: It's as almost as if I can read angry tears flowing down from that sentence.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. I find that I generally can never decide on a type to be amusing.

It is either that or upsetting-so I prefer 'amusing'.

I have to laugh at myself otherwise...

But I appreciate every word anyone ever writes in my direction-sorry if and for every time it has been felt that I do not/am doing something along the lines of blowing stuff off-it really is not the case. Sometimes it is just that... I have too much to say in response that I don't say anything at all. But I internalize everything. But I could again, understand why that would not be clear.

INTP 5w6 sx

Rambling

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
GIVE ME ATYPE

NOW!!!!!!

Now I say.

Trying to add a picture but on phone so...

The font stuff feels like it should 'do'. Took effort that.

Will you give me a type in return? ...

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And mainly because of how you *react* in threads to perceived insult or unfairness. It is immediate but it is from an NF flavor. Um. Let me see, I'm sure you see it with me, Marm, etc.

There is a palpable wall someone hits with CP6's when they react. People aren't getting past it and I can see that with how you respond sometimes. But 4's are reactive too. :shrug:

I think there's something Ni-ish about e6 in itself (like there's something Ne-ish about e7, etc), and on some level I feel like I relate to the bolded because of it. I can be reactive in a somewhat similar way (the palpable wall that goes up during reaction). But what gets me about CP e6- the part I can't relate to- is that it actually takes a long, long ass time for me to silently get to that boiling point with someone (and it takes a long, long ass time for it to go away). Or it could be about a particular topic, not a single person. But the point is that it takes repeated, consistent experience. The way CP e6 gets *there* so quickly is somewhat stunning to me.

I used to think this was fueled by righteousness, but at this point it seems to be something more like a people-centric OCD (eta: or maybe, human connection OCD /eta)? Like it's not about already being certain one is right so much as seeing a possibility and immediately needing resolution about it? (Does that resonate at all?)

And yeah, 4s can be reactive, but it's like a reaction to something that's happening internally. All reactions are internal by virtue of being subjective experiences, and therefore being internal events, obvs- but e4s react to something distinctly internal (like a flare up of envy or shame- even if they blame something external, its center is that internal reaction), whilst e6s reactions are about something external (like indignance or anger about some imbalance between people)? <- The crux in whether an NF is e4 or e6, imo, lies in that difference- which is relatively perceivable from the outside. (And I too think there are NF e4s here who are actually e6s).

Also, on a mildly related note, the aforementioned remark that ISxPs are "the people's INFJ" is the God's honest truth. (Mildly related because people don't hit the palpable Ni wall with ISxPs when ISxPs have bad reactions- thereby making them "the people's INFJ". That wall crumbles relatively easily for SPs. People- including INFJs themselves- fucking hate that wall.)

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not only have I talked to you before with regards to your type...you subsequently expressed agreement with what I had observed in you and the reasoning I used to justify my opinion of your type...more than once.

So I would say...you need a more consistent system of memory retention.

Likewise...what I expressed to you today as it pertains to Pe...is like freakin Pe 101. <-You didn't fuckin comprehend it...but perhaps you struggle with the difference between the meaning of "correlation" and "absolute". Either way...those *clues* come straight from the pros. And if you don't get the basics yet...then you're wasting our time.

And wtf? "big picture"..."one-on-one"...? Are you gonna fuckin pay me? Like I don't have better things to do with my time. Ungrateful fuck

Okay, I got a little caried away last night, and was overtired and not in the best of moods/places mentally. I wasn't overly processing what you had to say and I do apologize on my behalf. I don't have the best memory, but I did read over 'The Wisdom Of The Enneagram Seven' thread again:

Okay, I admit that I have agreed with 7 and Pe-Dom in the past, but the more I research typology, the more I seem inclined to agree with 8, and maybe not Pe-Dom. Yeah, 7 is still in my tritype, but I do tend to resonate with the 8 descriptions more in general, although that could also be down to my sx first instinct.

Another reason I think I may be doubting Pe-Dom is because I am pretty depressed at the moment. I have been focusing on assignments, mixtapes, novels etc. as of late and have barely been socializing. Although the focus has been on my own projects, I don't find that to be overly taxing, but I do find the depression to be.

In real life, I do an amazing job hiding it. No-one would know that a single thing is wrong with me, and I don't like talking about it because that makes me vulnerable. I guess these things I mentioned above are part of my coping strategies.

Another thing I would like to bring into account is the fact that I also resonate heavily with Te, in both the descriptional and personal sense, but I really don't relate to Fi at all in both senses. Again, that could be my Ti being overactive but people have said that they have seen Inferior Fi within me, and Te Dominance in the past. But I have also gotten ENFJ as my suggested type before, with Inferior Ti.

I do resonate with ESTP, ENFJ and ENTJ the most out of all the types. I have ruled out ESFP due to the above statements.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
[MENTION=23098]Rico[/MENTION] - If you know you relate to ENTJ the most, then why do you keep bothering to ask about your type? Most people that don't know their type don't have a singular type they relate to the most (myself included).

Edit: Maybe you will like this link though...

When does an ESTP look like an ENTJ? When does an ENTJ look like an ESTP?

Edit 2: Wait I think I misread you. Sorry, I'm not reading very carefully. Here is another link for you...

When does an ENFJ look like an ESTJ, ESTP, or ENTJ?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I view type threads as restaurants, the questioner as the costumer, and forum members who answer the questions as employees.

If you go to the restaurant and ask for food, you can send it back to the kitchen if it's poor quality. But then, if you keep sending everything back, there's nothing the chef can do. So you move restaurants and keep on doing the same thing, over and over, never eating any food. Pretty soon, restaurants will know your name. They'll know that all you do is send back food, so they won't take you seriously.
[MENTION=23098]Rico[/MENTION] I don't mean to be harsh. I'm trying to be kind about this, but you're being disrespectful to the many people who have offered their opinions to you. If you can't accept answers, stop asking. Something I was taught back in my kindergarten ballet class: you get what you get and you don't get upset. So do that. If you want more answers, look through your old type-me threads. You have plenty of information at your disposal.

Like [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] said, nobody is getting paid to do this. It's on our own time. So please be respectful enough to consider what you're given. Insights are gifts. Please treat them as such. Because to be honest, it's becoming mighty irritating. :shrug:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think there's something Ni-ish about e6 in itself (like there's something Ne-ish about e7, etc), and on some level I feel like I relate to the bolded because of it. I can be reactive in a somewhat similar way (the palpable wall that goes up during reaction). But what gets me about CP e6- the part I can't relate to- is that it actually takes a long, long ass time for me to silently get to that boiling point with someone (and it takes a long, long ass time for it to go away). Or it could be about a particular topic, not a single person. But the point is that it takes repeated, consistent experience. The way CP e6 gets *there* so quickly is somewhat stunning to me.

I used to think this was fueled by righteousness, but at this point it seems to be something more like a people-centric OCD (eta: or maybe, human connection OCD /eta)? Like it's not about already being certain one is right so much as seeing a possibility and immediately needing resolution about it? (Does that resonate at all?)

And yeah, 4s can be reactive, but it's like a reaction to something that's happening internally. All reactions are internal by virtue of being subjective experiences, and therefore being internal events, obvs- but e4s react to something distinctly internal (like a flare up of envy or shame- even if they blame something external, its center is that internal reaction), whilst e6s reactions are about something external (like indignance or anger about some imbalance between people)? <- The crux in whether an NF is e4 or e6, imo, lies in that difference- which is relatively perceivable from the outside. (And I too think there are NF e4s here who are actually e6s).

Also, on a mildly related note, the aforementioned remark that ISxPs are "the people's INFJ" is the God's honest truth. (Mildly related because people don't hit the palpable Ni wall with ISxPs when ISxPs have bad reactions- thereby making them "the people's INFJ". That wall crumbles relatively easily for SPs. People- including INFJs themselves- fucking hate that wall.)

Wow, good points. I want to double like your post. I like the comparison you make and it is a super helpful distinction. I was having a hard time with it as the 4 reactivity is a foreign one. I couldn't put my finger on it.

As for the bolded, CP6's get there extremely fast because they want to stay ahead of their anxiety/fear but it is still based on consistent, subjective experience, just like yours.

You are correct. They want resolution FAST because the faster the resolution, the faster anxiety/fear dissipates. This is the shadow of 9 integration! CP6's are inherently a bit lazy. They just want to be left alone and have peace, really.

But because they are pro-active, they rush to solve issues before they become full blown (TBH, so they don't have to work as hard!) so they can be at peace again. But problems don't stop, so CP6's can over work, over stress very easily. It's really fucked up but that's how we work. haha.

Even when our experiences tell us what "most likely" will happen, people are much less predictable. So we are prone to being wrong just as much as correct. TBH, we are fairly good at predictability. We are the "I told you. If you would have only listened to me" type.

We have problems with being discriminating on what is a big problem and what is not. All problems have big potential to a CP6. So, people stop paying attention to CP6's alarm ringing because of this "cry wolf" syndrome. Which really fuels a CP6's self-doubt.

We would gain a bit more power, confidence and influence (and be listened to more) if we had patience with ringing the alarm until the rest of the crowd saw what the CP6 sees, or they have proof in action, of what they see. But then CP6's would have to be self-aware.

CP6's are NOT self-aware of their fear being the catalyst for their behavior. Which is why so many are not accurately typed.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=7842]Z Buck McFate[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION]

So this anger for external mishappenings is relatively very new to my persona. As a kid my anger never really went further than being directly mistreated but even then again it had to constant and constant and constant teasing from other people to get me truly angry that I will actually retaliate physically back after I've been physically hurt so much.

When I grew a little older and older although very slow I learned to get angry quicker so people will then see that I am not someone to mess with.

So these whole like anger issues I may have had with forum members still has to do something with me, I won't be angry over news things that has nothing to do with my experience I mean don't get me wrong it probably sucks and a lot of things aren't happening well on that side of the world but it is out of my control and I have no basis to argue anyway.

But when someone argues of a group I'm from and I care about. That is an important distinction to make, it has to be a group I care about so if I say America. That's a good one not to tease, now yes there have been plenty Americans in my local area who have wronged me and I certainly don't like but I don't use that as basis to judge ALL American people especially since there are certainly "good" ones out there. I just saw rather idiotic because Americans are not only white pre colonial people. There are several races here. And you're kind of calling them all stupid for coming to join a common land. I just find my instantaneous anger from your sheer ignorance and relying on little selfish experience that you haven't ever bothered to look outside yourself.

I mean I'm pretty introverted because I am very analytical and I can go catatonic with thought at times but I never value myself over everyone else. Well in an absolute sense. There are obviously selfish decisions I made.

Maybe this all lines with 6 but I'm also seeing it is because I have Fe.

So does enneagram evolve with age, am I more moral than I was a child and it mostly related to 6 issues? I mean as a kid I valued honesty and forgiveness more than I do now. Not to say I'm morally corrupt or anything but I see how many people today are not simply all as good as they seem either. I used to be extremely trusting of people but now less so. But not necessarily the opposite either.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7842]Z Buck McFate[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION]

So this anger for external mishappenings is relatively very new to my persona. As a kid my anger never really went further than being directly mistreated but even then again it had to constant and constant and constant teasing from other people to get me truly angry that I will actually retaliate physically back after I've been physically hurt so much.

When I grew a little older and older although very slow I learned to get angry quicker so people will then see that I am not someone to mess with.

So these whole like anger issues I may have had with forum members still has to do something with me, I won't be angry over news things that has nothing to do with my experience I mean don't get me wrong it probably sucks and a lot of things aren't happening well on that side of the world but it is out of my control and I have no basis to argue anyway.

But when someone argues of a group I'm from and I care about. That is an important distinction to make, it has to be a group I care about so if I say America. That's a good one not to tease, now yes there have been plenty Americans in my local area who have wronged me and I certainly don't like but I don't use that as basis to judge ALL American people especially since there are certainly "good" ones out there. I just saw rather idiotic because Americans are not only white pre colonial people. There are several races here. And you're kind of calling them all stupid for coming to join a common land. I just find my instantaneous anger from your sheer ignorance and relying on little selfish experience that you haven't ever bothered to look outside yourself.

I mean I'm pretty introverted because I am very analytical and I can go catatonic with thought at times but I never value myself over everyone else.

Maybe this all lines with 6 but I'm also seeing it is because I have Fe.

So does enneagram evolve with age, am I more moral than I was a child and it mostly related to 6 issues?

Ok. So that where/what I have seen on the forum that made me think CP6! Those types of reactions. :)

But reading your post, it reads defensive. Yes. CP6's are defensive, but not from anger generally...from fear of potentially being hurt again. Small but important distinction.

You seem pretty in touch with anger and your past as being a motivator for that defense. That is pretty honest. That doesn't feel organically CP6 to me. Hmmm. I am curious to see what [MENTION=7842]Z Buck McFate[/MENTION] says as his 4 insights seem pretty spot on.