• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I feel Se comes out in me when I'm out in nature. It's amazing to take in the scenery. Though, I feel Ne is thrown into the mix, I definitely feel that's where it's most evident for me :)

and everyone uses both Se and Ne... along with all of the other functions (which is why I think it's impossible to try to untangle them all in how they are used because they're a part of something more organically YOU)... anyone who can't engage in being in touch with their surroundings in nature I'd feel so sorry for :sadbanana:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and everyone uses both Se and Ne... along with all of the other functions (which is why I think it's impossible to try to untangle them all in how they are used because they're a part of something more organically YOU)... anyone who can't engage in being in touch with their surroundings in nature I'd feel so sorry for :sadbanana:

I actually think I use Ni more or better than Ne. I have suspected this for a while. Not because I want to be a special snowflake; and not necessarily using it as a Ni dom either.

I think people on the forums see me as a Ne aux or dom because I act goofy, silly, and come out with non sequiturs from time to time; they have a very distorted or plain wrong idea of what Ne is. Reminds me of [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]'s thread (was it starry?) about ESFJ as the peoples' ENFP.

Ne is, in simplest terms, transcontextual thinking taken to the max; seeing how different tangents share a pattern. Ni is more time-oriented, intuition of time, seeing patterns and trends throughout a sequence of time, etc. I don't use it as well as an INJ, but I can certainly see myself using it through self-analysis. A lot. Enough that I notice things (patterns, trends, subtexts, etc) that are not always apparent to others until I point them out.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually think I use Ni more or better than Ne. I have suspected this for a while. Not because I want to be a special snowflake; and not necessarily using it as a Ni dom either.

I think people on the forums see me as a Ne aux or dom because I act goofy, silly, and come out with non sequiturs from time to time; they have a very distorted or plain wrong idea of what Ne is. Reminds me of [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]'s thread (was it starry?) about ESFJ as the peoples' ENFP.

Ne is, in simplest terms, transcontextual thinking taken to the max; seeing how different tangents share a pattern. Ni is more time-oriented, intuition of time, seeing patterns and trends throughout a sequence of time, etc. I don't use it as well as an INJ, but I can certainly see myself using it through self-analysis. A lot. Enough that I notice things (patterns, trends, subtexts, etc) that are not always apparent to others until I point them out.

like the sense of how things will play out

not easy to describe really and not easy to describe how you know what's going to happen either... especially when it's a non-dominant in your functional stratification and such... not really like the whole "psychic" thing, but more as in knowing where the pieces are going to fall :thinking:

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp

I, as I repped you but what the heck, oftentimes am frusterated by my lack of Se. I mean... I really have trouble noticing those changes in my environment- just the other day when I was home I saw my friend for the first time in a while and she was staring at me and just... Waiting... And eventually she asked me if I noticed anything different about her... She had dyed her hair from a black to a platinum blonde. It never would have registered if she hadn't TOLD me(that is right... I wasn't even able to guess-just a bunch of errs and uhs... Until she threw me a lifejacket with it). Maybe it would have registered eventually... But it would have been delayed. Slow. Really slow.

They used to think I was slow back at my fast food job. Because I was SLOW in every way imaginable. Just- could not keep up with the physcial pace. And I would get confused and it was... Well-I started taking the dirty long grunt work instead where I could absorb myself and imagine myself as a superhero cleaning up the town or something.

See this is even sort of indicitive of Si in a way. Hell I think I would be an Si dom before I considered strong Se tbh. Si is stronger in me for sure.

Not sure-well to an extent this is Se... But an extent it isn't as well.

And as I said in rep... I have a hard time appreciating the physical. I just do. Things don't become important to me until I have learned and studied and understand them. Butterflies aren't beautiful until I understand their life cycle-or something-for example. Never was into clothes or really even understood peoples obsession with items and appearance. Just never cared and still have a hard time when I need to try.

Anyways. I do wish I had more Se. Because I mean while being thought of as just a bit... Spacy... Can be amusing(I can MAKE it amusing damn it) sometimes I would like to actually know what is going on and be able to live in the present moment(and have to add this-therapist says I have a huge problem with that-which is why I find meditation so...infuriating-my perfectionistic tendencies fear that I CANT-that I am not limited by effort but ability there- so... Up goes resistance)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=24643]Frosty[/MENTION]... Se does not preclude spaciness in the least... nor do I notice when people get haircuts or dye their hair or anything (I suck with identifying people who I know well for fuck's sake! :doh: )

like I said, it's not even a conscious thing to be taking in information... I know if it's raining out before I'm really awake because of the sounds and smell of it and could tell you if something's going wrong because the rhythm of the sounds is off and things along those lines... information taken in for processing whether you were aware of it or not

and meditating is for people with attention spans :dont:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
[MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] - Are you saying you are an SP?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] - Are you saying you are an SP?

I'm not not saying it :laugh:

I simply don't really identify easily with MBTI types so I don't put one down in my type field (enneagram is a more natural fit for me)

and that'd be estp... or more accurately esTP :newwink:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I, as I repped you but what the heck, oftentimes am frusterated by my lack of Se. I mean... I really have trouble noticing those changes in my environment- just the other day when I was home I saw my friend for the first time in a while and she was staring at me and just... Waiting... And eventually she asked me if I noticed anything different about her... She had dyed her hair from a black to a platinum blonde. It never would have registered if she hadn't TOLD me(that is right... I wasn't even able to guess-just a bunch of errs and uhs... Until she threw me a lifejacket with it). Maybe it would have registered eventually... But it would have been delayed. Slow. Really slow.

They used to think I was slow back at my fast food job. Because I was SLOW in every way imaginable. Just- could not keep up with the physcial pace. And I would get confused and it was... Well-I started taking the dirty long grunt work instead where I could absorb myself and imagine myself as a superhero cleaning up the town or something.

See this is even sort of indicitive of Si in a way. Hell I think I would be an Si dom before I considered strong Se tbh. Si is stronger in me for sure.

Not sure-well to an extent this is Se... But an extent it isn't as well.

And as I said in rep... I have a hard time appreciating the physical. I just do. Things don't become important to me until I have learned and studied and understand them. Butterflies aren't beautiful until I understand their life cycle-or something-for example. Never was into clothes or really even understood peoples obsession with items and appearance. Just never cared and still have a hard time when I need to try.

Anyways. I do wish I had more Se. Because I mean while being thought of as just a bit... Spacy... Can be amusing(I can MAKE it amusing damn it) sometimes I would like to actually know what is going on and be able to live in the present moment(and have to add this-therapist says I have a huge problem with that-which is why I find meditation so...infuriating-my perfectionistic tendencies fear that I CANT-that I am not limited by effort but ability there- so... Up goes resistance)

Meditation was difficult for me with my active mind

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Fwiw, I did a stint as a server when I had just gotten out of high school at a very busy Mexican restaurant here in town. It was easily one of the worst jobs I've ever had. The amount of physical activity, attention to detail and exertion required was brutal on me. It was a very Se heavy role and I just wasn't cut out for it whatsoever. I'm very confident in the idea that I'm Ni/Se, but I'm equally confident that my Se usage is pretty distant from my facility with Ni.

That said, I think you're ENFP, Frosty. You're mentally kinetic in a way that I associate with Ne-dominance. All the back and forth and awareness and awareness of awareness--that doesn't strike me as Si. Also, you vibe like other people who are on the site who are more than likely correctly typed ENFPs.

As for enneagram, I've thought of you as a counterphobic 6w7. 9 at disintegration point is possible, but in my conversations with you your focus is more about safety and trust rather than peace per se. What can you believe in? Who you are and what that means. Gut triad folks--bless our hearts--are a lot less mentally active than that. Not to say we're dumb, but getting to certain answers is more linear and not quite as urgent. 694 or 649 seems accurate.

Either way, more than likely you'll not not take those typings, but it's another perspective.
[MENTION=19700]Anaximander[/MENTION], otoh, I do have a pretty easy time seeing as a 9. I have no clue what his MBTI type is, though. Probably sp/so for instinctual variant.

[MENTION=25763]Enthusiastic_Dreamer[/MENTION] I think is an ESFJ 297 so/sx

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=25763]Enthusiastic_Dreamer[/MENTION] let's be ESxJ friends.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was thinking maybe EJCC was pulling an agent smith on other forum members

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, no, she has yet to learn about my recent type awakening. Fascinating conversation, in vent. Lots of self-discovery.

It's all thanks to Dreamer and Sinclair that I've discovered my true type. What do you think?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, no, she has yet to learn about my recent type awakening. Fascinating conversation, in vent. Lots of self-discovery.

It's all thanks to Dreamer and Sinclair that I've discovered my true type. What do you think?

The Ne is strong in you. I could see it, maybe