• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As in completely change your mind on your type once you go through some more major life changes/experiences or get out of a slump. That's what happens with a lot of the people who seem chronically undecided/unsure about their type.

There is an age factor as well. Frontal lobe is not fully developed until 25 or so.

Some theorists argue that young adults have a serious conflict between their dominant and inferior function during this time.

It isn't that you change type, but that you can't see yourself clearly.

I typed as ISTP at 21 and 24, but I am not a ISTP in the least, just share the functions. I thought I lived life like a ISTP, while I really always lived like a ENFJ.....

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It just doesn't seem like I use Sé as a Dominant Function at all. Maybe I am misunderstanding the concept of Extroverted Sensation, but from what I understand, it's taking in sensations within the present moment, taking action within the moment and perceiving the experience of that moment and storing sensory data as experiences. Making practical observations, and seeing things within a concrete realistic manner.

It doesn't seem like I am on the same wavelength as that. I don't know. It seems like I am away on a distant planet sometimes.

And also, I do think that some people take these descriptions of the functions too literally. You have to have some give and take within those descriptions.

And enneagram? Meh. I don't really care for that much tbh.

I don't think that you really understand Se (like way too many people who talk about MBTI :dry: )

it's more fleeting than a storage function for things in a way... and it's hard to even perceive if you are using your dominant function most of the time because it's so natural and such a part of how you do things. The functions of an ESTP mean that, at times, you can just KNOW things about your environment... you don't even necessarily remember looking at the object in question, but you know that it's there and what state it's in... and you know the implications of all of that... using the functions of an ESTP together well you can process data from your surroundings and your mind quickly enough that you don't even realize that you're doing it which is why acting quickly and decisively is associated with the type (and it's a mistake to associate the type with concrete abilities... I'm kind of shit at many things that one would stereotype me as being awesome at :unsure: this includes being somewhat oblivious to things like walls, injury prone and clumsy and I do have an imagination and interest in non-concrete things). No function is stand alone and to try and figure out your type by looking at them as individual things is like fighting with seaweed :shrug:

not telling you that you are one, but I AM telling you that your perceptions of the type seem a bit stereotypical and off :)

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think that you really understand Se (like way too many people who talk about MBTI :dry: )

it's more fleeting than a storage function for things in a way... and it's hard to even perceive if you are using your dominant function most of the time because it's so natural and such a part of how you do things. The functions of an ESTP mean that, at times, you can just KNOW things about your environment... you don't even necessarily remember looking at the object in question, but you know that it's there and what state it's in... and you know the implications of all of that... using the functions of an ESTP together well you can process data from your surroundings and your mind quickly enough that you don't even realize that you're doing it which is why acting quickly and decisively is associated with the type (and it's a mistake to associate the type with concrete abilities... I'm kind of shit at many things that one would stereotype me as being awesome at :unsure: this includes being somewhat oblivious to things like walls, injury prone and clumsy and I do have an imagination and interest in non-concrete things). No function is stand alone and to try and figure out your type by looking at them as individual things is like fighting with seaweed :shrug:

not telling you that you are one, but I AM telling you that your perceptions of the type seem a bit stereotypical and off :)

Ok, fine.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok, fine.

Like I said, not telling you what you are or aren't but some stereotypes need to die, be buried at a crossroads and have a stake driven through their hearts! :)

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Like I said, not telling you what you are or aren't but some stereotypes need to die, be buried at a crossroads and have a stake driven through their hearts! :)

True.

I've been typed pretty much everything though, lol.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, if anything, you seem to use Se/Ni, come off as an extrovert, and are more likely a T.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=23098]Rico[/MENTION]

You come across as an.. assertive type. ExTJ or ESTP.

Your posts are pretty staccato. Like, staccato enough to be a pretty good giveaway. Not as fluid as I'd expect from a Pe dom. My vote is for Te dom.

Not enough to go on for a good, solid, certain stab at an aux, but Ni is more likely from what I've seen. But yeah, my stab at that is less 'right into the jugular with precision and finesse' and more 'accidentally grazed the skin on my own arm like a dumbass.'

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=23098]Rico[/MENTION]

You come across as an.. assertive type. ExTJ or ESTP.

Your posts are pretty staccato. Like, staccato enough to be a pretty good giveaway. Not as fluid as I'd expect from a Pe dom. My vote is for Te dom.

Not enough to go on for a good, solid, certain stab at an aux, but Ni is more likely from what I've seen. But yeah, my stab at that is less 'right into the jugular with precision and finesse' and more 'accidentally grazed the skin on my own arm like a dumbass.'

Yes. I have gotten that before.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. I have gotten that before.

I actually think INFP. Only because the tone of your posts remind me of my brother, who is one. Other than that, I have no clue and "talking" online is no determination of type so take with a grain of salt.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually think INFP. Only because the tone of your posts remind me of my brother, who is one. Other than that, I have no clue and "talking" online is no determination of type so take with a grain of salt.

INFP is an interesting typing for me. I can't see it at all though.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Urgent request: mistype me please

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I am most likely mistyped.

Edit: I may get shit for this, but I think RobinSkye and AphroditeGoneAwry might be incorrectly typed in some way.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP is an interesting typing for me. I can't see it at all though.

I think you're a perceiver, but I'm not sure about the other dichotomies.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure I'm NOT an IxTP. Maybe an IxxJ.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Introverted perceiver or extroverted.

Why do you think that? Curious.

A vibe. I might be wrong. I would lean toward extravert for you. Hard to say when typing people solely on online personas and online interactions.

Starry

There are several here whom I believe to be mistyped, but I'm not one to call them out.

I think it's too bad that members don't challenge each other's type anymore and have even thought to start a feedback thread on the issue as I'm not exactly sure what changed and why.

But the attitude is so different now.

It's as if... somewhere along the way... challenging another's type became an *insult* which is so dumb in my opinion I can't even tell you. I just can't imagine being that attached to the type you list under your name so that an individual would actually take offense if someone on the internet thought otherwise. If this kind of thing causes pain and discomfort I would likely conclude that theories...which by their very nature do not individualize but rather categorize and group...may not be able to provide the person with "what they're looking for" in the first place.

Prior to this type-sensitive shift...it appeared that the majority of members understood that this is a typology website where we freely discuss...zomg...*type*...including 'yours.' And I miss many of the dynamic discussions that were built on that butthurt free foundation. This is how we learn about and increase our understanding of personality theory and I believe that showed in our members.

Maybe we should change our name to "Special Snowflake Central" to accurately reflect what we do here today :wink: I don't have a lot of confidence in today's members with regards to typing anyway... since we don't.

I am most likely mistyped.

No.

Edit: I may get shit for this, but I think RobinSkye and AphroditeGoneAwry might be incorrectly typed in some way.

AGA is also eNFJ 6w5