• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No one splains eNFJ 6w5 to eNFJ 6w5s and lives to talk about it. No one explains anything to eNFJ 6w5s and lives to talk about it.

So... Pretty much I am so inquisitive and truth/soul searching that you'll die before you'll satisfy me? Lol.

or do I blow your mind so hard, you no longer have a skull to contain the collateral damage? Lol

Or it's so pathetic and degrading that I'll end your life? I wouldn't think that's likely really.

or am I so DUMB that you'll die from my own stupidity? :boohoo:

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So... Pretty much I am so inquisitive and truth/soul searching that you'll die before you'll satisfy me? Lol.

or do I blow your mind so hard, you no longer have a skull to contain the collateral damage? Lol

Or it's so pathetic and degrading that I'll end your life? I wouldn't think that's likely really.

or am I so DUMB that you'll die from my own stupidity? :boohoo:

That jokey part was more directed to Starry (and conversations about 6w5 NFJs we've known- nothing to take personally). The real explanation is under the spoiler. I'm not even sure it's what she's looking for.

Wait, yes to the bolded, I mean.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That jokey part was more directed to Starry (and conversations about 6w5 NFJs we've known- nothing to take personally). The real explanation is under the spoiler. I'm not even sure it's what she's looking for.

Wait, yes to the bolded, I mean.

Interesting. Well there is a scene from Pulp Fiction that may correlate well, but it is not appropriate for Typology Central haha. It was a little gross for me too.

Starry

No one splains eNFJ 6w5 to eNFJ 6w5s and lives to talk about it. No one explains anything to eNFJ 6w5s and lives to talk about it.

*sigh* No truer words. No truer words.

Yah, definitely more reactive...and "with abandon" which is precisely why (stereotypical understanding) Fe is more likely than not to be mistaken for Fi at 6w5. These guys can out-authentic many an INFP 4w5 which appears to be one of...if not the most common mistype. Add a little bit of volatility and vocality when it comes to the "good fight"...and well, all I know is I never tire of hearing about people's "ENFP 6w5 friend".

^^None of this...including ambivertness and for-shit Fe & phobic e6 descriptions really explains why these guys struggle with their type above and beyond everyone else's type related struggle. From an outside perspective it's not just like they settle on a mistype or "have no clue" as to their type... it's almost like they feel differently from day to day. I should also say that I've never encountered an NFJ 6w5 that seemed phobic or fearful in anyway so...yah...it's nearly impossible to even try and discuss NFJ 6w5 with an NFJ 6w5 even if they were reasonable. (<-I'M KIDDING).

*sends Z Buck gushy compliments and thanks telepathically*

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Everything. It doesn't make sense to me on both a logical and cognitive level.

Care to be more specific? Perhaps if we had more details about what in particular bothers you (more than others if it really is everything) it would be easier to type you?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could see the ENTJ possibility...

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Care to be more specific? Perhaps if we had more details about what in particular bothers you (more than others if it really is everything) it would be easier to type you?

It just doesn't seem like I use Sé as a Dominant Function at all. Maybe I am misunderstanding the concept of Extroverted Sensation, but from what I understand, it's taking in sensations within the present moment, taking action within the moment and perceiving the experience of that moment and storing sensory data as experiences. Making practical observations, and seeing things within a concrete realistic manner.

It doesn't seem like I am on the same wavelength as that. I don't know. It seems like I am away on a distant planet sometimes.

And also, I do think that some people take these descriptions of the functions too literally. You have to have some give and take within those descriptions.

And enneagram? Meh. I don't really care for that much tbh.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It just doesn't seem like I use Sé as a Dominant Function at all. Maybe I am misunderstanding the concept of Extroverted Sensation, but from what I understand, it's taking in sensations within the present moment, taking action within the moment and perceiving the experience of that moment and storing sensory data as experiences. Making practical observations, and seeing things within a concrete realistic manner.

It doesn't seem like I am on the same wavelength as that. I don't know. It seems like I am away on a distant planet sometimes.

And also, I do think that some people take these descriptions of the functions too literally. You have to have some give and take within those descriptions.

And enneagram? Meh. I don't really care for that much tbh.
Through our more serious conversations, I would say you have stronger Ni usage than Se. But toned down Ni, subservient to Je.

But ultimately, it seems like you are still trying to figure out your personal kinks which could somewhat influence your online presentation.

Back in the day, I am sure people would have typed me an INFJ 6w5.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Through our more serious conversations, I would say you have stronger Ni usage than Se. But toned down Ni, subservient to Je.

But ultimately, it seems like you are still trying to figure out your personal kinks which could somewhat influence your online presentation.

Back in the day, I am sure people would have typed me an INFJ 6w5.

Yeah, I guess so. I know I'm not an Ni Dominant (and I am pretty certain I'm not an SE Dominant either). I have been typed some ridiculous stuff in the past like Hardass ESFJ and super rare INFJ haha.

Hmmm? Online presentation? Explain.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I guess so. I know I'm not an Ni Dominant (and I am pretty certain I'm not an SE Dominant either). I have been typed some ridiculous stuff in the past like Hardass ESFJ and super rare INFJ haha.

Hmmm? Online presentation? Explain.

I don't know. It sometimes seems like you are trying very hard to present a certain image to convince yourself and others you are a certain type. I have seen this with many members and then after awhile, they mellow out and the type becomes evident. It's like the presentation becomes an awkward exaggeration of the type they believe themselves to be.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know. It sometimes seems like you are trying very hard to present a certain image to convince yourself and others you are a certain type. I have seen this with many members and then after awhile, they mellow out and the type becomes evident. It's like the presentation becomes an awkward exaggeration of the type they believe themselves to be.

Pft, no.

I don't put on an image...

I didn't even know each 'type' had an image?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pft, no.

I don't put on an image...

I didn't even know each 'type' had an image?
No... I am basically saying it seems like you "try too hard"... The other supposed ENTJs... Not so much.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate to mistype. When I'm on my keyboard, my fingers seem to have a mind of its own, sometimes.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I could buy ENTJ for you but I am guessing you will mellow out a bit or maybe completely settle into another type in a couple more years.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait... that's even possible?

As in completely change your mind on your type once you go through some more major life changes/experiences or get out of a slump. That's what happens with a lot of the people who seem chronically undecided/unsure about their type.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As in completely change your mind on your type once you go through some more major life changes/experiences or get out of a slump. That's what happens with a lot of the people who seem chronically undecided/unsure about their type.

Okay.