• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
As Ps get more stressed, they start to show negative J characteristics, like being stubborn to a ridiculous extent, but the reason to believe so has no evidence, as a J would insist on, all they have supporting it is internal judgment. The rigidity isn't helping them... they get more into self-preservation, but they can't balance it adequately as a normal J would. That sort of thing.

Oi! You failed me too.

I don't believe your statement to be true either.

I would expand, but I have to go to a baby shower. :doh:

Anyway, maybe Ivy can get Noah or Martoon to validate or reject your theory (since I know they're INTPs).

So Noah and I aren't addressed directly anymore? It all goes through Ivy now? ;)

Anyway, it's nice to be an INTP poster child, I guess. Regarding the post being referenced, I don't believe that I, personally, start moving toward any J characteristics (negative or otherwise) when stressed. In fact, when I get really stressed, I just shut down, become paralyzed, and stop taking any action at all. I just get very passive and resigned. If anything, I'd say it's like an extreme, unhealthy P characteristic.

But other INTPs may react differently. While I have no doubt that I'm INTP, my reaction doesn't necessarily represent the breed. I'm very non-aggressive (is that a passive way of saying "passive"?), and I really hate conflict, or having anyone upset (even if it's not directed at me). I have a high enneagram Type 9 score (calmness), and very low Type 8 (aggressiveness). A lot of INTPs will occasionally "rage", where they really go into a fit of anger. I've never done anything like that. I don't really do anger. I don't know how. I probably should.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Wowzers!
I go on with my real life for a few hours and now I'm completely lost in this thread!
Haha!
I still think Xander and Edahn are INTP's.. not very strong on the I but INTP's nevertheless.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
:huh:

About which? (Now I'm confused!) Her being INxP or ESFJ??

As far as ESFJ actresses go, I have a suspicion Toni Collete might be one. She's quite talented; and if she's not ESFJ, she's played at least a few of them perfectly.

Oh. You posted a picture of a cat.

You must be F.

Typelogic lists Sally Struthers, Mary Tyler Moore, Dixie Carter, and Sally Field as ESFJs. They all seem like really nice ladies. Jack Benny, Desi Arnaz, and Don Knotts are listed as the male ESFJ entertainers. I hope they update that list sometime soon.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Typelogic lists Sally Struthers, Mary Tyler Moore, Dixie Carter, and Sally Field as ESFJs. They all seem like really nice ladies. Jack Benny, Desi Arnaz, and Don Knotts are listed as the male ESFJ entertainers. I hope they update that list sometime soon.

Man, that's a pretty old school list right there.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I can so relate to Don Knotts. Seriously, he cracks me up.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Man, that's a pretty old school list right there.

With emphasis on OLD. (Yikes!)
At least Toni's probably only in her 30's.

Nah, y'all aren't getting off that easy. This topic is about long-winded explanations with lots of technical mumbo jumbo and random assertions. I want some of that too!

No, no, no -- you're an ISFP, you'd HATE that!

With me, it's directed toward myself, because it arises when I know I should be able to do something that I can't, for some reason. For instance - back to the skateboarding analogy - I'd have something worked out intellectually, but I'd fail initially when it came to the physical aspect. And after a series of failed attempts, I'd yell out something like, "Haight! You're an idiot! You have push down and then out. Dammit!

However, more times than not, I'd end up accomplishing that which I ranted about generally a minute or five later. So it helped with focusing, in a way.

So as usual, it has to do with me not living up to me. I'm selfish even when angry, in other words.

That sounds too familiar. Except with me, it was physical skills like you describe, OR making a mistake in logic / not understanding something, OR failing in one of my responsibilities that I had internalized. I made self-deprecation an artform and would either ridicule myself out loud or scream at myself in my head until I got it right.

I didn't have external outbursts involving other people until I reached my 20's and forced to be in proximity to other people, which meant often that when there was emotional stress and I couldn't get away, well, then it got uh-gly.

heart

heart on fire
cze-cze said:
Doood -- he's freaking studying to become a BUDDHIST. That doesn't make you ENFP. Or INFP.

Agreed! The idea of everyone being one and combining in some sort of hive mind nirvana is an anathema to me!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
nocapsyz is no ENTJ. that is just preposterous. *heads back to the arcade to kick archery 2000 ass*

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Someone PM me if my name comes up. I can't be bothered reading this thread anymore.
Smart choice. Incidentally, you had it right way back with INFP; though I would entertain ISFP, too.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Enneagram Type 2, for sure. I'd accept ENFJ based on compliments given to you as get-together hostess.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Thanks. It's always interesting how others view you. I've taken the enneagram many times and more often times than not, I score 3w4.