• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I've seen him defend his opinion even when confronted with hard evidence that it in no way corresponds with reality.

I see this as a sign of being an introvert with an underdeveloped auxiliary function than specifically an INTJ.

INTPs see arguments as a way to find more information and to get closer to the truth, while for an INTJ arguments are more like sparring. One does not admit weakness when sparring unless somebody is actually going to get seriously hurt and the time for analysis is afterwards, not during.

Really, from what I've seen of BlueWing's argument style, he doesn't fit either.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I see this as a sign of being an introvert with an underdeveloped auxiliary function than specifically an INTJ.

INTPs see arguments as a way to find more information, for an INTJ arguments are more like sparring. One does not admit weakness when sparring unless somebody is actually going to get seriously hurt and the time for analysis is afterwards, not during.

Really, from what I've seen of BlueWing's argument style, he doesn't fit either.

Could he be a - GASP- an NF or S?
I personally think he's an NT but I'm just wondering what others think.
I would agree that his argument style doesn't seem 100% NT- but the way people portray NT's- who really has a perfect NT argument style?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Do you know how many people take that stupid humanmetrics test and think it's accurate? I think there are a lot of mistypes on the forum (mostly S/N, and T/F). If the person in question has ingrained the MBTI stereotypes they will be resistant to figuring out their true type.

The humanmetrics test has a better gauge of the T/F and N/S than it does for J/P and I/E.
Those two are the more misunderstood categories.

I'm still suspicious.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Anyone other than Night want to take a whack at mine?

Or is he the only one brave enough?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Could he be a - GASP- an NF or S?
I personally think he's an NT but I'm just wondering what others think.
I would agree that his argument style doesn't seem 100% NT- but the way people portray NT's- who really has a perfect NT argument style?

Perhaps he's S or F.

What I meant, though, is that he seems like an introverted function gone too far. I haven't found any more reason to see him as an INTJ than to see him as any other introverted type.

heart

heart on fire
What an awful thread.

:yes: I just don't think it is a good idea to challenge people's type on the public forum unless they ask for such. But that's just me.

BTW Athenian is totally INFJ. I feel I know her pretty well and I can say this without reservation.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Dana-INFP
heart-INFP
Athenian- INFJ

Nocaps maybe it's just me but Night seems to be the only person on here who's been paying attention so I'd go with his assessment. Plus he's super smert!

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Anyone other than Night want to take a whack at mine?

Or is he the only one brave enough?

You must be an ISFJ whose ideal type is ENTJ. Are you by any chance attracted mainly to ESFP's?

Denying any of the above is an unmistakable symptom of ISFJ-ness.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'd like to add that I can now see where people would believe me to be an ESFJ. My life with three children is very busy and often requires me to live in the here and now and sometimes it's so overwhelming that I shut a lot of things out. I tell myself (as does Cafe) that this will improve as they get older but right now I feel like such a spaz. New type perhaps? ;)

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'd like to add that I can now see where people would believe me to be an ESFJ. My life with three children is very busy and often requires me to live in the here and now and sometimes it's so overwhelming that I shut a lot of things out. I tell myself (as does Cafe) that this will improve as they get older but right now I feel like such a spaz. New type perhaps? ;)

i can see that happening.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I tend to take most members at face value about their type even if they don't represent the stereotype of it online. However, if you would ask me the member I had the greatest suspicion about mistyping then it would be Wolf, who really seems like an ISTJ to me. Then again that could easily just be the online persona that he projects.

Other comments I'd like to add:

1) I'd consider both Wildcat and Athenian200 to be "untypable". I don't think they fit very well into the MBTI framework. They can be whatever type they tell me they are.

2) Ivy is typable, but I have no idea what that type is.

3) BlueWing is an INTP. In fact he's almost a caricature of an INTP since he has overdeveloped Ti and underdeveloped Ne. Here is the thing about INTP's. If they spend a lot of effort on developing an idea then they will not budge. Many INTP's will seem like they are listening and humor your arguments, but internally they are still rejecting your ideas regardless of how good they are.

INTJ's are a bit different. If you catch an INTJ in an argument, then they will switch their positions and often not realize that they switched. For an INTJ friend of mine whenever we'd point out what his argument should be, he'd reply "That's what I'm saying!" We'd then counter, "No that is the exact opposite of what you are saying." INTP's on the other hand never lose sight of their argument. That is why they are sometimes called "The Architect". INTP's build these rigid elaborate mental frameworks, and then they don't want to budge if they've put a lot of energy into one. BlueWing always sticks to his original argument and never budges regardless of how good a point you make. That is why he is INTP.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
INTJ's are a bit different. If you catch an INTJ in an argument, then they will switch their positions and often not realize that they switched. For an INTJ friend of mine whenever we'd point out what his argument should be, he'd reply "That's what I'm saying!" We'd then counter, "No that is the exact opposite of what you are saying." INTP's on the other hand never lose sight of their argument. That is why they are sometimes called "The Architect". INTP's build these rigid elaborate mental frameworks, and then they don't want to budge if they've put a lot of energy into one. BlueWing always sticks to his original argument and never budges regardless of how good a point you make. That is why he is INTP.

All that just to avoid being "convinced" like normal people?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
1) I'd consider Wildcat to be "untypeable". .

I would agree with this, from the stance that singular type is probably inappropriate for him.

I think he's an exceptional blend of NTP + NFJ, and demonstrates substantial characteristics of both subtypes.

heart

heart on fire

I read about INFP getting caught in Fi-Si loop (yes, I've actually been there!) or INTJ with Ni-Fi loop. Maybe dealing with the needs of extroverted children requires Fe-Se loop? :huh:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
It requires Lexapro. ;)

All kidding aside I'm sure you're correct. All three of our children are extroverted and each day after school they bring home at least two other children which drives me nutso! Kids are always ringing our doorbell. As much as I hate the sound of the phone ringing, the sound of the doorbell is worse. :cry:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
BTW Athenian is totally INFJ. I feel I know her pretty well and I can say this without reservation.

Sorry to pick on Ath some more, but I've just never seen an iNtuitive be so literal and struggle with subtext like that.

BlueWing is an INTP. In fact he's almost a caricature of an INTP since he has overdeveloped Ti and underdeveloped Ne. Here is the thing about INTP's. If they spend a lot of effort on developing an idea then they will not budge. Many INTP's will seem like they are listening and humor your arguments, but internally they are still rejecting your ideas regardless of how good they are.

Except in my dealings with INTPs (and there's been a lot over the years at INTPc) you rarely get this.

This is why MBTI theory breaks down. INTPs are supposed to have rigid internal frameworks cause of Ti. Instead they have fuzzy ones, and pathologically refuse to limit/reject alternatives. You have to hit upon a deep principle to get any good pushback.

INTJs are supposed to be all imaginative and mystical leading with Ni. Go over to INTJf and tell me that's the character of the forum, cause it is the opposite.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Except in my dealings with INTPs (and there's been a lot over the years at INTPc) you rarely get this.

This is why MBTI theory breaks down. INTPs are supposed to have rigid internal frameworks cause of Ti. Instead they have fuzzy ones, and pathologically refuse to limit/reject alternatives. You have to hit upon a deep principle to get any good pushback.

INTJs are supposed to be all imaginative and mystical leading with Ni. Go over to INTJf and tell me that's the character of the forum, cause it is the opposite.

The fact that Ni is mystical is very misleading. And the maturity level of INTJf might have a little something to do with the character of the forum -- same with INTPc.

And there's a difference between an internal framework and an external one...

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The fact that Ni is mystical is very misleading. And the maturity level of INTJf might have a little something to do with the character of the forum -- same with INTPc.

And there's a difference between an internal framework and an external one...
The women INTJs seemingly have better Ni than the males there.