• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

á´…eparted

passages
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=22264]jscrothers[/MENTION] [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] goddamnit why does the forum always have to compel me to talk so much during the times when I am so busy. Anyway, per the discussion earlier.

EJCC is correct that my 3 aspects are significantly more apparent in person. Part of the reason is, I sort of regard my 3 side as something that needs to be hidden from others. My 1 regards it as "imperfect and not to be displayed" and on the forum it's easy to do. In person, I tend to lose awareness of it, much to my chagrin. In essence, I am in constant fear it's going to make me seem like a conceited egotistical know-it-all prick. When I slip and realize people think that I feel REALLY horrible and slink back for extended periods. A large part of it is I am innately really talkative, and if I have thoughts, facts, advice, I have to resist the urge to spout it out FAR more often than push myself to spit it out. Too much of this, and you look like a dick. On the forum in essence what you're seeing is me having a more proper filter, as well as very reduced frequencies in situations that make my 3 sides show up. 3's tend to be composed, and in person I am very composed, despite being emotional/expressive. I'm just talkative. It... doesn't make any sense to me to stay quiet on things going wrong. It's a huge, huge compulsion that I have to resist. I tend to care less about the image that particular thing causes because I see it as for the greater good.

My image is pretty damn important to me. The thing is though, how I care about my image depends on people I am around. If I am around people I like and respect, oh hell yeah image matters. People I don't, I don't care. Further, as much as I LOTHE admitting it, my status (perceived and actual) matters A TON. I get bent out of shape if my status is not high enough, and I will actively seek to raise it to a satisfying level. Because I am a core 1 though, my reasons for doing this is it allows me to have a larger impact and effect on improvement and fixing the things I am around. It's not for the status itself (though it is partially, I love being important), but because status is useful. If high status and image wasn't useful, and if I had no substance to back it up, I doubt I'd enjoy it as I'd feel like a fraud.

As for the ENFJ bit, JScrothers analysis is correct. ENFJ's are inheriently rather authoratative by default. I have yet to meet one who doesn't have that streak. It's just not "classic" authority as people think of it. We want social order. Though mine appears more classic because I am a 1w2. Because of my tritype along with this, power structures are HUGE for me. Whenever I meet a new group of people, one of the first things I'll start doing (without actively deciding to do so) is figure out who is in what position. What are their statuses. If the power structure is explicit (president, vp, all that stuff), then I'll link the two together. I started doing this at an early age because it allows me to figure out how to approach and treat people appropriately (as appropriate treatment giving is not an innate skill for me). If you understand power structures, you know how to work with it.

As for why I seem to always agree with the mods on the forum, it's largely because I am a former mod on another forum. I know this shit. I've been through a lot of shit. Because of my intolerance for rebels without a clue (which is because of my type), I get uppity over it. I rarely if ever see a former mod side with dissents, unless the dissent is valid. Even so, I don't always 100% agree with mods. I do disagree somewhat frequently, I just seldom voice it, because it won't be useful or helpful towards anything. The only time I voice that sort of dissent is if I think it will actually be helpful and useful.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Trying to figure out how you think in an even remotely objective way remarkably difficult, yes.

dear sir,

with much respect, I must point out that nobody here really can figure out what goes on in any other member's mind (which in the context of us all being members of a forum dedicated to personality typing makes me recall an old signature quote that I had from Vonnegut's Mother Night "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.")

some of us pretend to actually be normal and sane people on a regular basis while others are fine with opening their mouths (either physically or metaphorically) and removing all doubts about whether or not they are a bit off. some swing back and forth between the two.

as an example, if the forum had any clue what really goes on in my head I would probably be banned... or at least looked at with great suspicion forevermore :ninja:

sincerely,

whatever

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
What I have noticed is that a lot of strong ni users give the vibe of an god complex excluding esxps
Like hard stated ej can be rather demanding you are not going to see it in fe unless they are 1s unhealthy 2s 6 some 7 and definitely 8s

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
dear sir,

with much respect, I must point out that nobody here really can figure out what goes on in any other member's mind (which in the context of us all being members of a forum dedicated to personality typing makes me recall an old signature quote that I had from Vonnegut's Mother Night "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.")

some of us pretend to actually be normal and sane people on a regular basis while others are fine with opening their mouths (either physically or metaphorically) and removing all doubts about whether or not they are a bit off. some swing back and forth between the two.

as an example, if the forum had any clue what really goes on in my head I would probably be banned... or at least looked at with great suspicion forevermore :ninja:

sincerely,

whatever

I would like to point out that there was no implied "I" in my post you quoted. It may be read as "Trying to figure out how oneself thinks in an even remotely objective way remarkably difficult, yes."

Sorry for the lack of imprecision, but I prefer a casual dialect to an excessively formal one these days, unless I'm forced into being formal.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would like to point out that there was no implied "I" in my post you quoted. It may be read as "Trying to figure out how oneself thinks in an even remotely objective way remarkably difficult, yes."

Sorry for the lack of imprecision, but I prefer a casual dialect to an excessively formal one these days, unless I'm forced into being formal.

but excessive formality on occasion warms the cockles of my heart :sadbanana:

as does occasionally writing things as if I'm some really old dude who hangs out with books all of the time but not people :unsure:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, you wouldn't want to sound like me then. I'm a really old dude who hangs out with computer and dances with beautiful women a lot.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, you wouldn't want to sound like me then. I'm a really old dude who hangs out with computer and dances with beautiful women a lot.

I'm sorry, but the kids in a horror movie would NEVER seek you out to ask about the legends behind the supernatural killer who is stalking them :laugh:

plus, you're probably not NEARLY as really old as I'm classifying as really old... each new decade I hit I raise the ceiling for what I consider to be old

you may actually have FUN *gasp*

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As for the ENFJ bit, JScrothers analysis is correct. ENFJ's are inheriently rather authoratative by default. I have yet to meet one who doesn't have that streak. It's just not "classic" authority as people think of it. We want social order.
[...]
As for why I seem to always agree with the mods on the forum, it's largely because I am a former mod on another forum. I know this shit. I've been through a lot of shit. Because of my intolerance for rebels without a clue (which is because of my type), I get uppity over it. I rarely if ever see a former mod side with dissents, unless the dissent is valid. Even so, I don't always 100% agree with mods. I do disagree somewhat frequently, I just seldom voice it, because it won't be useful or helpful towards anything. The only time I voice that sort of dissent is if I think it will actually be helpful and useful.

Similar. I end up feeling that that perspective is often woefully misunderstood or that the picture that's out there is incomplete, and that having been a mod I have a knowledge of that perspective.

More generally, I have a thing for defending or amplifying voices that aren't being heard; whether it's because someone's just quiet by nature, because they're being brushed off, or because they're being drowned. Kind of like a 'look, shut the hell up for a second; there might be a point here' sort of thing. I could see that as wanting to establish some sort of 'social order.' The term sounds dirty and loaded with negative connotations :)sick:) but I can roll with it.

I usually don't bother to voice my perspective if it's already been (or being) expressed by other people a million times. There's no value in doing so other than establishing solidarity; and well-represented groups don't really need that. One more chip added to the pile of a million is just a roundoff error. Not that I see expressing myself in those situations as a futile effort -- quite the opposite; I pretty much have been expressed, and also other people did the dirty work for me.

:devil: I found the ENFJ part.
[...]
If 3 influence adds a polished, "perfect" flavor to the behaviors linked to your core motivations,

Okay, you need to stop figuring me out. :(

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Part of what I'm getting at is "correlation is not causation" vs "anecdotes aren't conclusive".

Ni/Se types tend to need narratives, stories, anecdotes. Even the TJs: knowing the workflow of something is more important than having a bunch of statistics about it. Ni/Se types aren't as apt to be convinced by statistics, because raw data doesn't necessarily show the underlying phenomenon.

Ne/Si types tend to require far-reaching data looking for correlations. When there are a lot of data points, it's really convincing, even if the statistical methods are kind of questionable.

Not that this is conclusive either way, but I wanted you to have your honest answer before I explained what I was getting at. Does a "story" or a "workflow" or a "dynamic" explain things better to you, or does lots of statistical data explain things better to you?

An example of what I'm getting at could be the economic talking heads back in 2005, a few years before the housing bubble burst. Some completely trusted the data, and the data said that all the market indications were "good": all the numbers that needed to be up were up, and the fundamentals were good. Others, however, saw the bubble easily. It's easy to see market bubbles as stories: people have easy credit, people with easy credit are buying houses, and even more people with easy credit are buying houses from those people, and so on. It's obvious that it's all going to come crashing down, but you can't quite predict when, but just that it will. You can see the bubble coming in spite of the market indicators disagreeing with you.

(Of course, that puts the story/narrative perspective in a good light, but it's fairly easy to see how lots of data is good and that most anecdotes/narratives are rather naive, so I chose the former to illustrate.)

:huh:

Statistics make my head blow up. The one kind of math I have trouble making sense of....

Totally relate to the supposed Ni/Se preference here, but I honestly think it IS both forms of iNtuition.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:huh:

Statistics make my head blow up. The one kind of math I have trouble making sense of....

Totally relate to the supposed Ni/Se preference here, but I honestly think it IS both forms of iNtuition.

Too much T talk makes my head blow up sometimes, especially if it's dry and technical. I'm a human being, make it relevant to humans. When I explain something in class, I try to make it as simplistic and relevant for everyone to understand, so I don't have to go back and explain it again and because everyone deserves to know my point no matter their ability.

Yes, you obviously need logic to understand things and group/dissect them up etc, but I think the majority of people nod off and get confused when you use too mamy dry/technical terms when you speak, even if the subjct requires them. It's just a little something I've picked up over the years and tried to encorporate into my life.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
I think that Captain Invincible is actually an ENFP, as he offers people cookies in his signature and then tricks them into doing work for him.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I highly doubt that Sinclair person is an ISTJ, but who knows if they're being serious or not.

Also I don't think the op's type if TIGR.