• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Go back and read my original response slowly and carefully, please.

All I want is a simple, logical explaination as to why I am an type whatever with clear analysis and proof to back it up. Not hard, huh?

okay, well, I scanned the bar tag on the back of your neck and it came out as ENTP, cuz that's what the scanner said.

hey, don't ask me, I just used to work here... damn computers...

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION]

Couple th9oughts, on phone, can't elaborate mucch but

You'll know a 3 if they throw up a signature like mine, but unironically.

Trying to pin down an actual 3 on Facebook is next-to-impossible. Everybody on Facebook is narcissistic as hell.
It's up to you to find out about me. It's up to you to crack open my shell.
Perhaps nobody discusses what type you are because you put the entire burden on them? I know I would never be bothered with playing a guessing game.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION]

Couple th9oughts, on phone, can't elaborate mucch but

You'll know a 3 if they throw up a signature like mine, but unironically.

Trying to pin down an actual 3 on Facebook is next-to-impossible. Everybody on Facebook is narcissistic as hell.
Perhaps nobody discusses what type you are because you put the entire burden on them? I know I would never be bothered with playing a guessing game.

Who filled out 2 pointless questionnaires? Exactly.
Who has tried to get people to guess their type? Mhm.
The whole point of Typology is discovery.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think his frustration is coming from what he feels is a lack of any explanation from members suggesting he is ESFP. In fairness, it's pretty common for people to toss out typings without offering much explanation why. I'd be lying if I said I haven't been guilty of this in the past.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think his frustration is coming from what he feels is a lack of any explanation from members suggesting he is ESFP. In fairness, it's pretty common for people to toss out typings without offering much explanation why. I'd be lying if I said I haven't been guilty of this in the past.

Yeah, that's been a common problem with typology discussions on this forum in the past. It kind of kills any discussion.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Expand more on the bolded please. :D

So...fight or flight? I feel like everyone deals with this - I do. But looking at this and the bolded, it sounds more like you constrain yourself when you think it might be detrimental to your image as a respectable person, or just your sense of integrity in general. I don't think 9s (and people with 9 influence) dislike rocking the boat for fear of social reprimands, but instead dislike having the comfort they've found settling into their sense of self disrupted.

Can you explain the gender roles thread then? To me it didn't seem like you were trying to react to anyone, but just to gas yourself up and talk about how socially admirable you are. Or anything else in your posts that involves flaunting your accomplishments - from your girlfriend to your business dinners or whatever it is you post in the picture thread. For the record I don't think flaunting accomplishments is a bad thing either - you know 7s love the limelight. An 8w9 though...I dunno. :shrug:

Also I am obstinately Team Nico.

Okay...this seems NTJ>STJ to me.

Do you think these points contradict what an ESTJ would do? I personally don't, and I'm actually surprised [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] didn't bother to note that she also tries evolves her understanding after looking through past perspectives because I know she does. But I guess your main focus is on synthesizing internalized concepts rather than compartmentalizing each one into a certain impression. Also I discussed before how I've noticed people with a preference for Ni/Se have a certain edge to how they carry themselves that I don't see in people who prioritize Ne/Si, and you're one of the people who I would say has that edge. So does Nico. :wink:

Why's that? I still don't buy you as an 8, and I don't think I could ever not see you as someone polished and with self-restraint. But I doubt I'm going to change your self-perception (3s are another hard type to attribute a new label to :tongue10:).

I just lost a long response to this, but I'll summarize.

The gender norm thread was six years ago. I love to fight and this forum allows me to do that, intellectually of course. I don't get many opportunities to face opponents in daily life any more, and this forum provides an outlet for that. More than that though, I like feeling like custar (sic?) at little big horn, surrounded, outmanned and outgunned. It forces me to come with the best version of my argument, although it has also made me more of a hair trigger poster than I might otherwise be. I found smart people here who were overwhelmingly liberal. Sharpening myself against them would help strengthen me ideological positions.

I care about the rules because I want to rewrite them. I want my environment to be a product of me. Success for me is about power, I want others to dance to my tune not me to theirs. In order to have access, to be a player, one must learn to fit in. You can be an outsider and keep your hands clean and enjoy preening moral superiority, or you can get your hands dirty and try to change the system. I'm getting my hands dirty and working for change. I was sitting in office hours with my crim law professor one day and told him that I don't want to litigate these laws... they're dumb laws. I'd rather write better ones. That is what it is all about for me, I'm never happy sitting in a system I could make better, and the only way for me to do that is to play the game. I'm only now figuring out how to play the game more by my rules than theirs. How to remain true to the group and true to yourself without compromising either.

A three would never be as angry as I am. Angry isn't something someone or some external event makes me. I am angry, I embody it always. At the same time I'm lazy and like harmony. There's nothing that bothers me more than upsetting the apple cart socially. I'm the last to ball my first because of my strong nine wing. I can also be quite lazy because of it when not motivated. It's why I would rather come to agreement, than force what I think the world should be on others. It's why I'm one of the no drama guys on the non profit boards of directors Im on. When everyone else is too busy worrying about how big their sandbox, and how much of a swinging dick they are, I care more about getting it done. I'm chill as fuck IRL. And can be quite the homebody. But I also eventually get stir crazy and have to get out and meet people and best opponents. Yours is such a limited perspective on who I am (not saying that you don't have the capacity to see, but that I only show you so much) that it's funny the conclusions you draw from it.

Only those who've been here with me for a while and have really interacted with me see who I am. I'm actually much less of an ass than I appear to be, but I like to hide it. It knocks people off guard when they see the real me.

Also I'm not well versed in the functions, and as such didn't know how to most effectively dispel your assertions.

Anyway thats enough of a ramble.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Who has tried to get people to guess their type? Mhm.
Hold the phone. What's this? Are you looking for guesses or for an evaluation?

In the first case, you're doing fine and I'd totally recant my very first sentence. If other people care to guess, I'm not going to stop them.

In the second case, you could at least (a) link to your questionnaires and (b) not explicitly tell other people that the burden is on them.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hold the phone. What's this? Are you looking for guesses or for an evaluation?

In the first case, you're doing fine and I'd totally recant my very first sentence. If other people care to guess, I'm not going to stop them.

In the second case, you could at least (a) link to your questionnaires and (b) not explicitly tell other people that the burden is on them.

I didn't say "OMG YOU MUST DO ALL MY DIRTY WORK AND TYPE ME!" I basically said that if you want to know the real me, you have to be prepared to go deeper than questionnaires and spend time with me to dissect me and find out who I really am. Befriend me. Be interested in me.

I don't wanna link them, because they're pisstakes.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=23098]Captain_Invincible[/MENTION], you don’t really seem like an ESFP to me. You seem like you'd be a lot of fun to be around, so I can see why some might equate that with being an ESFP. But I get a definite "rebellious independent thinker" vibe from you. ENTP seems more fitting.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Badoptopus , you reek of bad news are you ready to dance or are you ready to dance

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Go back and read my original response slowly and carefully, please.

You get what you give, or what people deem you deserve.

People could guess, create long drawn out explanations, but it won't matter if you have preconcieved expectations.

I could write a page detailing why I think you are a member of the illuminati- but by nature of it, I myself cannot prove it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=23098]Captain_Invincible[/MENTION], you don’t really seem like an ESFP to me. You seem like you'd be a lot of fun to be around, so I can see why some might equate that with being an ESFP. But I get a definite "rebellious independent thinker" vibe from you. ENTP seems more fitting.

however, the same descriptives are applied to me from time to time and I have no desire to identify as an intuitive :laugh:

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

however, the same descriptives are applied to me from time to time and I have no desire to identify as an intuitive :laugh:

There we have it, folks. Our first self-professed mistype. :p

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
nope, just saying that descriptives can fit more than just one type

I am perfect :newwink:
Nope nope nope.

If you claim multiple types, then you are mistyped. Because you are only one type.