• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I read Disco's response earlier and he seemed to have good reasons for rejecting ESTJ. I think people are simply confusing his political ideology and certain threads which hint at a desire to fit in with "traditional" society with ideas of traits SJs should supposedly exhibit.

It is the ruling of this court that ENTJ 8w9 stands.
screen-shot-2014-06-12-at-1-59-15-am.png
Any Cosmo girl would have known! ;)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Any Cosmo girl would have known! ;)

I know! Most wouldn't bother distinguishing the differences in handling masculinity between the 3 and 8...but not this girl.

Dealing with masculinity is my specialty sis. :smooch:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But in all seriousness.

Where to begin... Do you know what it is to embody anger, to be angry all the time, while at the same time painfully aware and sensitive to social faux pas? (no to be misconstrued with my willingness to stir the pot here)
^ You have posted this sort of thing in the past, and I have related to it a lot as someone with a gut fix, and as a 1, which I still see as an "8 in chains" in a lot of ways. (Though some of that is probably because I test as 8 nearly every time I take an Enneagram test.) Because of that, and because of your willingness to be vulnerable on the forum about it, you seem like a clear 8 sx-dom.

I feel like a man pulled in two different directions, half of me wants nothing more than to be let off the leash to confront and best my enemies and obstacles, and the other half wants nothing more than for there to be harmony and for everyone to chill the fuck out. The defensive manner of some of my posts here (the flexing you refer to) has been a learned reaction to people shitting on things I hold dear, the way I've developed and the culture I come from.
Definitely sounds 8w9.

I see through systems, and like to plan and strategize for their improvement and evolution. I like training and teaching others, something my current line of work is allowing me to do more and more. Yes I value success and think that mine validates my world view and cultural background to an extent, but I'm much more interested in the empire business than the money business to quote Walter White.

(vid)

I'm slow to anger, but tend to occasionally fly off the handle at little things. I would be the last man to ball my fists however, because I find it much more important to be justified in my actions than reveling in the wanton violence of action. To a certain extent much of my life has been about fitting in. Thats much of what my Iceman and the Child thread is about. The reason I mention tradition as much as I do is that I fear that much of the US populace is happy to throw out the baby with the bath water, and in the effort of purging us of the sins of the past is also more than happy to throw out much of what has made us the most successful species on this planet. Those traditions aren't a paradigm that I live within but an inchoate blueprint for where we can go in the future. Everything changes and evolves. I just want to make sure that we take the best aspects of civilization along with us, and don't think ourselves smarter than all men who have come before.
Aw, I'd forgotten about "The Iceman and the Child". Still to this day one of my favorite threads that the forum has ever produced.

This seems like a good argument for Ni to me. Plus the (tangential) fact that IMO Walter White is one of the clearest non-cartoonish examples of an INTJ gone bad, that I've ever seen.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
But in all seriousness.

^ You have posted this sort of thing in the past, and I have related to it a lot as someone with a gut fix, and as a 1, which I still see as an "8 in chains" in a lot of ways. (Though some of that is probably because I test as 8 nearly every time I take an Enneagram test.) Because of that, and because of your willingness to be vulnerable on the forum about it, you seem like a clear 8 sx-dom.

Definitely sounds 8w9.

Aw, I'd forgotten about "The Iceman and the Child". Still to this day one of my favorite threads that the forum has ever produced.

This seems like a good argument for Ni to me. Plus the (tangential) fact that IMO Walter White is one of the clearest non-cartoonish examples of an INTJ gone bad, that I've ever seen.

Thanks a ton. I'm fairly comfortable with who I am at this point and usually don't go in for reexamining that often. But your response was pretty much exactly on the wavelength I was hoping.

Your shrewd and no nonsense style is as always very much appreciated. I'd write more but I'm posting this from my phone.

Don't know why it's double posting for me. It's done that twice today

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Where to begin... Do you know what it is to embody anger, to be angry all the time, while at the same time painfully aware and sensitive to social faux pas? (no to be misconstrued with my willingness to stir the pot here)

Expand more on the bolded please. :D

I feel like a man pulled in two different directions, half of me wants nothing more than to be let off the leash to confront and best my enemies and obstacles, and the other half wants nothing more than for there to be harmony and for everyone to chill the fuck out.

So...fight or flight? I feel like everyone deals with this - I do. But looking at this and the bolded, it sounds more like you constrain yourself when you think it might be detrimental to your image as a respectable person, or just your sense of integrity in general. I don't think 9s (and people with 9 influence) dislike rocking the boat for fear of social reprimands, but instead dislike having the comfort they've found settling into their sense of self disrupted.

The defensive manner of some of my posts here (the flexing you refer to) has been a learned reaction to people shitting on things I hold dear, the way I've developed and the culture I come from.

Can you explain the gender roles thread then? To me it didn't seem like you were trying to react to anyone, but just to gas yourself up and talk about how socially admirable you are. Or anything else in your posts that involves flaunting your accomplishments - from your girlfriend to your business dinners or whatever it is you post in the picture thread. For the record I don't think flaunting accomplishments is a bad thing either - you know 7s love the limelight. An 8w9 though...I dunno. :shrug:

Also I am obstinately Team Nico.

I see through systems, and like to plan and strategize for their improvement and evolution. I like training and teaching others, something my current line of work is allowing me to do more and more. Yes I value success and think that mine validates my world view and cultural background to an extent, but I'm much more interested in the empire business than the money business to quote Walter White.

Okay...this seems NTJ>STJ to me.

The reason I mention tradition as much as I do is that I fear that much of the US populace is happy to throw out the baby with the bath water, and in the effort of purging us of the sins of the past is also more than happy to throw out much of what has made us the most successful species on this planet. Those traditions aren't a paradigm that I live within but an inchoate blueprint for where we can go in the future. Everything changes and evolves.

I try to battle everyday to figure out what I believe about this world and what I think about the issues. Yes I use the lenses of past thinkers to begin my understanding of a topic, but I always try to evolve beyond rote agreement and to foster a unique individual view.

Do you think these points contradict what an ESTJ would do? I personally don't, and I'm actually surprised [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] didn't bother to note that she also tries evolves her understanding after looking through past perspectives because I know she does. But I guess your main focus is on synthesizing internalized concepts rather than compartmentalizing each one into a certain impression. Also I discussed before how I've noticed people with a preference for Ni/Se have a certain edge to how they carry themselves that I don't see in people who prioritize Ne/Si, and you're one of the people who I would say has that edge. So does Nico. :wink:

I want to be a (perhaps very) small part of the conversation that leads mankind into the new century, and model my life around serving that purpose.

Why's that? I still don't buy you as an 8, and I don't think I could ever not see you as someone polished and with self-restraint. But I doubt I'm going to change your self-perception (3s are another hard type to attribute a new label to :tongue10:).

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gee I wonder why Nico left.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can you explain the gender roles thread then? To me it didn't seem like you were trying to react to anyone, but just to gas yourself up and talk about how socially admirable you are. Or anything else in your posts that involves flaunting your accomplishments - from your girlfriend to your business dinners or whatever it is you post in the picture thread. For the record I don't think flaunting accomplishments is a bad thing either - you know 7s love the limelight. An 8w9 though...I dunno. :shrug:
I remember all those examples from when they occurred, and at the time I remember thinking that they were an 8-style show of power.

Do you think these points contradict what an ESTJ would do? I personally don't, and I'm actually surprised [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] didn't bother to note that she also tries evolves her understanding after looking through past perspectives because I know she does. But I guess your main focus is on synthesizing internalized concepts rather than compartmentalizing each one into a certain impression. Also I discussed before how I've noticed people with a preference for Ni/Se have a certain edge to how they carry themselves that I don't see in people who prioritize Ne/Si, and you're one of the people who I would say has that edge. So does Nico. :wink:
Yeah that's why I didn't reply to that part of the post -- it didn't seem like as strong an argument against Si and for Ni. But I still vote for him being Ni-dom because, for lack of a better word, he's too detached to be an ESTJ. He doesn't seem to sweat the small stuff like I do, and like most ESTJs do. He can step back and be chill and focus on the Grand Scheme Of Things.

Why's that? I still don't buy you as an 8, and I don't think I could ever not see you as someone polished and with self-restraint. But I doubt I'm going to change your self-perception (3s are another hard type to attribute a new label to :tongue10:).
What makes him seem more 3-like than, let's say, me, or [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION], or [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION], or tbh even [MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION]? We all have extremely strong 3 fixes that sometimes overpower our core, to the point of (on the forum anyway) seeming more 3 than any other type.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Wow, she looks pretty rough there. This is '82, so I'm guessing years of heroin had taken its toll. Kind of tragic. Her voice still sounds decent, considering. There's a video of her performing Bowie's "Heroes" circa late 70s or early 80s somewhere on youtube. Something about it is unsettling.

She died riding her bicycle. She had a son. Bummer.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know, if I would change my orientation for anyone here, I would do it for Nico. I could probably seduce him, too, using that whole guilt thing.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, she looks pretty rough there. This is '82, so I'm guessing years of heroin had taken its toll. Kind of tragic. Her voice still sounds decent, considering. There's a video of her performing Bowie's "Heroes" circa late 70s or early 80s somewhere on youtube. Something about it is unsettling.

She died riding her bicycle. She had a son. Bummer.

Am I supposed to like or dislike this post? Sorry I don't understand these sorts of things.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=19700]Starcrash[/MENTION]

Holy shit.

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know, if I would change my orientation for anyone here, I would do it for Nico. I could probably seduce him, too, using that whole guilt thing.

Is that the guy with the Goebbels avatar?