• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Really? I feel solidly in Slytherin, and Gryffindor is the house I identify with the least :shrug:.
You have a certain lion-like courage, and you don't hesitate to speak up for yourself or for others.

Although you do have a devious streak that is very Slytherin, I'll give you that. ;)

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION] is typed as Gryffindor, but I think she is really Hufflepuff.

:shrug: The test J.K. Rowling designed said I was a Gryffindor (twice, I double checked.) :wizfreak:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION]

I'm not saying you're not a 9w8... but I AM saying that you are literally the only 9w8 on the forum whose 8 wing is invisible to me. I can see it simmering in [MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19700]Starcrash[/MENTION], for example. But absolutely nothing from you. You vibe more like [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9486]gromit[/MENTION] who IIRC are both 9w1.

What made you self-type as 9w8?

wolfy

awsm

I'm not saying you're not a 9w8... but I AM saying that you are literally the only 9w8 on the forum whose 8 wing is invisible to me. I can see it simmering in [MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19700]Starcrash[/MENTION], for example. But absolutely nothing from you. You vibe more like [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9486]gromit[/MENTION] who IIRC are both 9w1.

I like the sound of having a simmering 8.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I like the sound of having a simmering 8.

I initially read that as "shimmering" for some reason.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not gonna @ him here because he won't listen to my opinions anyway but I think DiscoBiscuit is ESTJ 3w2

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not gonna @ him here because he won't listen to my opinions anyway but I think DiscoBiscuit is ESTJ 3w2
Speaking as an ESTJ, I don't think he is one. Though I would be interested in hearing pro-SJ arguments that aren't just "he's traditional and therefore an SJ". Kind of sick of that argument tbh.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Speaking as an ESTJ, I don't think he is one. Though I would be interested in hearing pro-SJ arguments that aren't just "he's traditional and therefore an SJ". Kind of sick of that argument tbh.

indeed i'm traditional in a lot of ways but I am not an SJ and than there SJs that are waaaayyy less traditional than myself.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] [MENTION=23915]Sinclair[/MENTION] posted in the 'is the person above you typed correctly' thread the other day that he thought you are actually ESTJ, and whether he was joking or not I must say that it kind of blew my mind and I think he might be on to something.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8

SJs have an internal sense of how to fit in. It's different to Fe. Si is quite observant. Si knows what the norms are and the appropriate behaviour and conversations to most scenarios. With that they fit in. It doesn't mean they believe the norm is right, they just know that the norm will work therefore would try to fit into the norm. And fitting in comes easily for them. It's the use of Si.

This is where ENTJs are different. ENTJs don't have strong Si. They just don't know what the norm is. Not observant enough (weak Si) to fit in either. They tend to offend people way more due to this and their interactions are mostly hit or miss. Disco is an ENTJ in that regard I think.

I think the SJ vibe people get from him is because he is a e3. That I think he is. I am willing to bet a lot that he is an E3.

I know a few ESTJs. None of them are traditional and they question religions (their own) and cultural pride quite often. However they are law abiding. I think that's what gives them a traditional vibe.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I'd say I'm more 9w8 than 9w1. I tend to score high on both wings, at least personality-wise. It's kind of weird as a 9, because both wings are in the gut triad, and are different ways of expressing anger. The 1 anger is a projected anger, where it's someone else's fault that you're angry. The default 9 mode is of course to suppress anger, and simply not feel anger at all. The type 8 instead embodies anger: "*I* am angry" as opposed to "You made me angry."

As such, those rare times I do get angry, it's almost entirely unfocused. Yes, there is often a proximate cause, but the emotions aren't aimed at that cause. It's very "Hulk" like, a rage out of nowhere ... and then it's spent and done.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Well traditional can be relative to the size of the tradition in context. So you could have individual traditions based on family background, or cultural traditions which are much more general and wide-reaching. Then things like political traditions based on adherence to common political leanings, which could also tie back into family ones.

But those are just really general examples of tradition, although the more individual you get the more it just becomes routine and not tradition, which I think is something shared by more than one person. SJ's don't have to be traditional the same way do they?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well traditional can be relative to the size of the tradition in context. So you could have individual traditions based on family background, or cultural traditions which are much more general and wide-reaching. Then things like political traditions based on adherence to common political leanings, which could also tie back into family ones.
^ I agree, and in this case, I would agree that SJs tend to be "traditional". "Traditional" based on their highly individualized past experience -- what they grew up with, what they think they SHOULD have grown up with, what have you. But that's not usually what people think of, when they think of "traditional". Hence all the SJ descriptions that lean in the DiscoBiscuit direction.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say I'm more 9w8 than 9w1. I tend to score high on both wings, at least personality-wise. It's kind of weird as a 9, because both wings are in the gut triad, and are different ways of expressing anger. The 1 anger is a projected anger, where it's someone else's fault that you're angry. The default 9 mode is of course to suppress anger, and simply not feel anger at all. The type 8 instead embodies anger: "*I* am angry" as opposed to "You made me angry."

As such, those rare times I do get angry, it's almost entirely unfocused. Yes, there is often a proximate cause, but the emotions aren't aimed at that cause. It's very "Hulk" like, a rage out of nowhere ... and then it's spent and done.
That makes sense. And in that case, I still don't see that in [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION]. Maybe she's just really, really, REALLY good at hiding that "Hulk"-like rage.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
^ I agree, and in this case, I would agree that SJs tend to be "traditional". "Traditional" based on their highly individualized past experience -- what they grew up with, what they think they SHOULD have grown up with, what have you. But that's not usually what people think of, when they think of "traditional". Hence all the SJ descriptions that lean in the DiscoBiscuit direction.

Yeah I know what you mean. I dunno about [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION], I don't think it would matter too much either way as he seems confident and set in his convictions which is not always bad thing and not always a good thing.

But then we all have those elements.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15392]Cellmold[/MENTION] is not ESFJ, lol.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=15392]Cellmold[/MENTION] is not ESFJ, lol.
What type are you thinking?

(TBH I've never had any idea. DEFINITELY a 6 though.)