• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Starry

And while I'm on that topic... [MENTION=15528]Frosty[/MENTION] is there anything non-financial I could do that might convince you not to use this latest avatar you've clearly selected in an effort to cause me to sleep with all the lights on for the rest of my life?

whoops [MENTION=24643]Frosty6226[/MENTION]

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's his avatars Evee.

I'm glad you said this starry. [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] your avatar is atrocious. I still love you though.

Starry

I'm glad you said this starry. [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] your avatar is atrocious. I still love you though.

There's a slight chance I may have almost googled the word atrocious until I remembered the Mary Poppins song...

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.jpg

Starry

I already did do it. I replied to him with two options to select from, but he has me on ignore. Tell him to unhide my first comment or something.

[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] will you please take Cygnus off ignore and go to the grocery store and car wash for me...

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] will you please take Cygnus off ignore and go to the grocery store and car wash for me...

Ugh fine. But I'm not cooking tonight!

Which one of the following do you identify more with?

Neither?? Also one is more positive while the other is almost entirely completely negative. Probably the first because I identify less with the second one.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
And while I'm on that topic... [MENTION=15528]Frosty[/MENTION] is there anything non-financial I could do that might convince you not to use this latest avatar you've clearly selected in an effort to cause me to sleep with all the lights on for the rest of my life?

whoops [MENTION=24643]Frosty6226[/MENTION]

Hmmm, I am open to suggestions! You know, you could name a planet after me, help run my presidential campaign, lots of different things! But probably not, that avatar literally makes me almost bust a gut laughing every time I see it :happy2:

The fact that this was used as an actual commercial is just really fascinating, it sure was a different way to go about doing things. It certainly catches the attention, but I couldnt help thinking that the guy was like referring to breast feeding or something throughout it. Guess that the point of it was though was to get people to think that there was a point when there really wasnt. To get people to initially question what was going on and to I guess surprise them. Has that fake mystifying quality behind it to trick you into drawing your own conclusions.

And plus, it kinda matches with my name cuz like ice cream is cold and so is frost. And frost is like frosty so yeah! (Complex thought there)

But if you wait 3 days I am sure that the appeal will die off

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You.. You don't mean that! :cry:

*Runs away in tears*

Lol I actually do I'm sorry sweetie! But I changed mine back to my really gay, fake-deep one I was using because I get the most positive feedback on my fake-deep avatars.

I'll never overcome [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]'s hatred of anime though.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
So what do you think for Chanaynay Cygnus?

Cygnus

Probably the first because I identify less with the second one.

The first list in the first quote bubble was Se+ and the second list in the first quote bubble was Ni+. Gamma (ESFP, ISFP, ENTJ, INTJ) types have this set.

The first list in the second bubble was Ne- and the second was Si-. Deltas (ENFP, INFP, ESTJ, ISTJ) have this set.

Ne- as used by the ENFP has a distinct focus on the avant-garde, bizarre, and esoteric (as opposed to Ne+ in Alpha which is much more refined and dead-set upon deliberate, clear visions of progress). Perhaps the defining trait of the Ne- element is a belief that no piece of information is useless enough to be rejected upon sight.

Contrast this with Gamma's Ni+, which, coupled with the active, strength-amassing function of Se+, is focused on gradual positive progress into the future (as opposed to Betan Ni-, which is focused on proactive use of foresight to bypass possible dangers in the distant future).

The reason this is important is because the way you describe yourself as using "intuition" seems to center around a "voice from within." This isn't typically associated with the Ne- element. Ne- is about taking alternative routes to solve problems in novel ways. What's interesting is that your self-descriptions of your use of intuition seem to match up with an idea of a "pursuit of the thing," or constantly moving upward to chase something unknown in the distant future -- which actually matches up best with someone who has Ni in the Suggestive position, or an Extroverted Sensor.

Note, types who have Ni in the ego don't behave this way. Types with Se in the ego are called Aggressors and focus on actively pursuing these objects of Ni; types with Ni in the ego are "Victims" and their romantic styles involve, whether consciously or otherwise, "luring in" extroverted sensors by presenting themselves as a sort of trophy to be won.
Ne-ego types certainly don't have this strong show of force Se-types have either. Ne-types have an unnasuming guise, as if waiting to be "instructed' by an Si-ego Caretaker.

Se- as it appears in the Beta quadra, particularly ESTPs, is focused on elimination of all tactical or physical properties that give way to weakness, which often causes these types to create a "front" that gives off the appearance of strength.

I notice that your style of posting actually seems organized in such a way as to provide a "front" of its own, as if very deliberately designed to promote one thing or conceal something else. In this case, the theme seems to be less of an elimination of weakness, more of a persistent show of vitality and unceasing forward movement. To me, this seems to match up with the desire to acquire, and tightly retain, power, as is characteristic of Se+.

You'd be ESFP.

Socionics - the16types.info - plus/minus by Victor Gulenko
Socionics - the16types.info - Signs of Functions (+/-)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You'd be ESFP.

So nothing new. :rolleyes: I was expecting a cool, unexpected suggestion like ESTP or ESFJ.

Anyways, I've been making it a point to start saying no in my life without having to explain myself. So, no.

Thanks for the input!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been claimed as ESTJ twice - someone make a case for it! I miss being called mistyped.
No! That would ruin our ENFP-ESTJ bromance!

Cygnus

I typed as enfp and infp, please help dunno which one I am

Start taking up new perspectives, learn as much about the world from your current stance as you possibly can, study the Cognitive Functions in depth, and play Devil's Advocate to try and argue for being as many types as you possibly can.

Then, come back here, actively participate in as many discussions as you can, and really try to engage the other posters during conversation.

Once you've done all that, ask us to type you.

Reason: overabundance of new posters wobbling between ENFP and INFP who give off too little presence or too little information with which to accurately type them.