• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Raffaella

bon vivant
Ok, first off, thanks for taking the time for this and sorry about the late response. I knew I was going to need to be operating on all cylinders to process all of this clearly. It's tricky to solve a puzzle that I'm inside of.

The bold definitely cleared up a LOT of my confusion. I am definitely drawn to people. Even fucking strangers. Sometimes I'm sad to end a small talk session with the cashier, haha.

Strong-willed, energetic, definitely, as long as I haven't dipped into the unhealthy, even then though, I can be depressed, but light up around people, temporarily forgetting I'm depressed.

"You build relations quickly and boldly but struggle with the intensity of these, you can be lacking or excessive, you struggle with reaching a happy medium hence the “cold” or “hot” phenomena of an sx-primary."

^^^Also, definitely. I feel like the last 10 years of my life have been trying to find a balance. Still not there yet. The first 20ish years, external structure took care of that. Another reason that structure, and routine is critical for me, I think. At least some level of it, I'll always crave the spontaneous, always have an adventurous spirit, but a base to come back to is needed.

Going through all this constructive self-reflection felt a bit like giving birth, as I imagine it. haha, ok maybe a little dramatic, but not exactly easy, but I feel better and a little more self-aware (also, during labor, my spell checking and even thoughts may be off or unclear).

Thanks, D

lol, you're welcome and, yeah, you're a definite sx/sp.

It's a lot to comprehend in one go but eventually you'll come back to it with a stronger appreciation and understanding.

Lark

So much information regurgitated, so little critical evaluation of the same.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I always go through an Ne phase where I think I'm INTP or even INTJ or INFJ. Want to make sure I'm not INTP/reinforce my conclusion of INFP because I was entirely self typed, and never had anyone else's opinion.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Damn Johnny now I'm not sure of so\sp or sp\so.

Good thoughts, though.

Me too; I'm wondering if I'm sp/sx based on that description. You have to consider more than the behaviours themselves though: why you behave the way you do is just as important to prevent mistypings.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Myself, Im the anti-type. Like the antichrist, but instead of 666 its ???.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I believe [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] is an ESTJ.
I don't know him/her IRL but (s)he is usually objective and has a superficual feel to his/her comments.
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] , what do you think?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I believe [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] is an ESTJ.
I don't know him/her IRL but (s)he is usually objective and has a superficual feel to his/her comments.
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] , what do you think?
No way. His priorities are Fe priorities, not Te priorities, and he uses ridiculous amounts of Ni. Ask him about Humans vs. Zombies for confirmation!

The similar vibe you're getting is that we're both 1w2 with a 3 fix.

p.s. ESTJ =/= superficial

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've been claimed as ESTJ twice - someone make a case for it! I miss being called mistyped.

Cygnus

I've been claimed as ESTJ twice - someone make a case for it! I miss being called mistyped.

Which one of the following do you identify more with?

-- retention of power, insubordination, defense, cover, countermove, counterattack, firmness, defense of one's interests, strong-willed pressure from the bottom upwards, strength, will, possession;

-- future, change in the situation over time, prediction, premonition, gradual development, evolution, gradual ascent, the dynamics of change, the flow of time, imagination, harmonious description, subtle step-by-step changes, convergence, confluence;

-- hopelessness, alternatives, negative potential, meaninglessness, absurdity, paradox, the forgotten and the old, insight, mediocrity, commonness, repressed possibilities, reality, disbelief, sensation

-- unpleasant thrill sensations, discomfort, inconvenience, disharmony, ugliness, unattractiveness, work, fatigue, stress, illness, suffering, pain