• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

I think you're talking about a common theme in the image triad, where we get confused between who is the real me, am I as self aware as I think I am, sort of thing. I do it too.

I think 3s have a general need to do more than what they are. I remember a post where you expressed a kind of shame for being lazy, like it had to do with your dad. I think you're really edgy in your self expression in a way that a 4 isn't? Though I guess 4s can be too. Anyway I guess it comes down to what you feel stronger about.

I think 4s can feel tremendously ashamed for being lazy and yet glorify it because it makes them different and sets them aside from the dreary, depressing rat race.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's 7 I think. Especially 7w6. I feel like sx would lend itself to 'heavier' energy, and NF could go either way. 6, although it's a head type, kinda has this 'control' element much like 8. I think it's that drive for control fueled by fear that makes those two types feel so heavy. It's focused. 7's anger is more diffuse I think. Like general frustration at obstacles, defensive anger against constraints. When 7 is on offense, I think we're generally moving forward in a positive way. 6 and 8 both attempt to take control in an offensive way when angry or threatened. ...not sure if I'm making sense. But I have an idea if what I mean in my head lol.

oh i meant what is it that makes us highly aware of the "energy" others put off. not everyone notices such things in the same way.

L

LadyLazarus

I think you're talking about a common theme in the image triad, where we get confused between who is the real me, am I as self aware as I think I am, sort of thing. I do it too.

I think 3s have a general need to do more than what they are. I remember a post where you expressed a kind of shame for being lazy, like it had to do with your dad. I think you're really edgy in your self expression in a way that a 4 isn't? Though I guess 4s can be too. Anyway I guess it comes down to what you feel stronger about.

Yeah, I can see where you got 3 from, but I wasn't really ashamed because I was being lazy, I was more poking fun at the fact that I'm lazy, although I suppose, in retrospect maybe I was a bit ashamed of it. Yes the edgy thing does seem 3-ish, but I feel like that's attributed to my 7-fix in tandem with being sx-first.I think so and sp first 4's are less edgy overall, especially those who are not 7 fixed.
Although, you may be onto something, and I want to look into it now, thanks for the opinion.:)

G

garbage

I think 3s have a general need to do more than what they are.
guilty

B

brainheart

Fours totally feel shame for being lazy, we're just less likely to do anything about it vs the three. A three will suck it up and do. Fours are an idealistic type- we often feel like we aren't the version of ourselves that we are supposed to be. And we feel a lot of shame about that.

Any type can be edgy. I think that has more to do with the sexual instinct. My writing style gets called edgy all of the time, which I kind of roll my eyes at because that seems like such a catch phrase, but whatever.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sufficient evidence at the other end of the Rainbow has Now been consciously been Presented to My mind in favor of the Ni-Ti loop over the ideations as sparkled in various chromatics by Fi.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm on board with [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] now.

I know he probably won't change his type...no, I know he definitely won't change his type. But I see [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] as ISFP 9w8 sx/sp. With the tritype as 9w8>7w6>4w3.

But I'm not gonna try to debate it. I'll provide reasons if asked to, but I don't need Elfboob to be accurately typed (according to my own opinion) since he'll be the same Elfboob either way. :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I know he probably won't change his type...no, I know he definitely won't change his type. But I see [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] as ISFP 9w8 sx/sp. With the tritype as 9w8>7w6>4w3.

But I'm not gonna try to debate it. I'll provide reasons if asked to, but I don't need Elfboob to be accurately typed (according to my own opinion) since he'll be the same Elfboob either way. :)

i missed starrys post did sh type him isfp?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] is most certainly a woman incarnated male, and He's INFP as hell far more than ISFP, and here's why: if [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] spent every night talking to an ISP type, then that person would never catch up with [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION] (they are too dull-witted for the fast conversations and an ESP type [even though it doesn't fit] would be a better bet]). But truth be told, He's your type.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] is most certainly a woman incarnated male, and He's INFP as hell far more than ISFP, and here's why: if [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] spent every night talking to an ISP type, then that person would never catch up with [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION] (they are too dull-witted for the fast conversations and an ESP type [even though it doesn't fit] would be a better bet]). But truth be told, He's your type.

this doesn't make a lot of sense. and he's not certainly a woman incarnated male. wth

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

I know he probably won't change his type...no, I know he definitely won't change his type. But I see Elfboy as ISFP 9w8 sx/sp. With the tritype as 9w8>7w6>4w3.

No, you're a fool. There is absolutely no way in hell that [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] is core 9, and he's damn sure not a Ni user. He doesn't have the approach to confrontation that 9w8 has. The 9w8 avoids confrontation and views it as unpleasant. Then, if the person keeps pushing the 9w8, they just explode. Elfboy doesn't do this AT ALL. Elfboy has a no-nonsense approach to confrontation, and he puts people in there place immediately and lets everyone know where they stand with his ass, right off the bat. This is NOT how 9w8's do confrontation. Also, he is not an ISFP either: he never uses Se, he is random as fuck like an Ne user, and he certainly uses quite a lot of Te. He uses way too much Te, in fact, to be an Fi dom....PERIOD. He is an ENFP.
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]
Elfboy is most certainly a woman incarnated male, and He's INFP as hell far more than ISFP, and here's why: if [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] spent every night talking to an ISP type, then that person would never catch up with Speed Gavroch (they are too dull-witted for the fast conversations and an ESP type [even though it doesn't fit] would be a better bet]). But truth be told, H e's your type.
This makes no sense, what-so-ever.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i missed starrys post did sh type him isfp?

I'm curious.

I'm not too sure if she typed him as ISFP (I think she did though), but I know she said he looked like Keanu Reeves once and said something about how he's coincidentally also an ISFP 9w8. Funny how I remember that but not the other right? Me and my damn celebs. so/sx probs. :alttongue:

Anyway here's one quote from her:

:wubbie:
Yah, I see Elfboy as your standard 9w8. He's ambiverted like so many of the individuals on 3-6-9...and he clearly has some connection to 3. He's not manipulating an image but rather he's telling us who he is. He's constructing an identity with his words. It's just that his words don't line-up (for me in my opinion) with what I see and I always wonder if others feel the same. Perhaps I've been surrounded by aggressive, narcissistic people my whole life and subsequently I have some kind of unreasonable bias/understanding...but no matter how hard I try I see neither in Elfboy. I've seen what looks like attempts at aggression...but honestly I feel he is very reasonable and laid-back. I just don't get it (sorry though Elfboy.)

That's basically how I feel too.

Squishie (and Lady too if you're interested), I'll try to lay out my reasons below here (if you wanna ask me anything though you can!!):

No, you're a fool.

That wasn't necessary.

There is absolutely no way in hell that [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] is core 9

You can keep on thinking that. I won't stop you. :shrug: But it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility. Elfboy is definitely a unique guy and not that hard to spot, but the general idea I've gotten from him is that he just sort of goes about his time in peace and tranquility until someone gets in the way and then he reacts or "shuts them down." I see 7 influence in him, but unless he keeps it all inside and never lets it out I never see the core fear of deprivation, missing out on what life has to offer, etc in him. What I do see in him is a fear of separation from his significant other, wherever he may be. The 7ish side I see in Elfboy is when he goes about trying to actually find this person. He samples from a lot of different people and enjoys his time with them. But, at least in my opinion, the overarching fear of not being united with his SO is what's sitting in the back of his mind. I know he's said before he's torn between trying out as many people as he can while he's young and finding that one special person, but from the conversations I've had with him the main concern always seems to be the one.

To be fair, this could be said about me too. But even I'm starting to find, as I'm exploring more and more parts of the world around me, that commitment is hard and even when there are people that I have that sx-commanding connection with, it's hard not to think on what I'd be missing out on. That could be, in part, me being ENFP. But with Elfboy all I see is that desire for total union and merging with the other. Maybe that's just what the focus of our conversations naturally run towards, but if that's getting to the deep stuff then I consider it relevant.

Elfboy also continues to surprise me with the words he puts out there about himself compared to what I actually see, like what Starry said earlier. He makes himself out to be an aggressive, go-getting man that'll knock down anyone who gets in his way. But then I see him do things like adapt to hand he's dealt with when it comes to pursuing what he wants. I've seen him wait oh so very long for one guy to come around so that he won't drive him away. Yes, this is part of the process of trying to draw someone in without making them run away in general too, but let's be real I'm not even sx-dom and if I was Elfboy I'd be asking "so where is this going" a hell of a lot sooner than he would.

I'm probably not making my case here super well since I'm also preoccupied at the moment but I'll just keep on writing.

Essentially, the way he second guesses himself less (the way a 7w6 would), directness, willingness to let a lot of opportunities pass by, lower level of frenetic energy, and higher level of tranquil energy push me away from 7w6 and towards 9w8.

He doesn't have the approach to confrontation that 9w8 has. The 9w8 avoids confrontation and views it as unpleasant.

In my opinion, 9w8 seems to forgo confrontation just by being direct and keeping whatever's dissatisfying away. That's how they maintain their peaceful environment, a sort of adapting & filtering process. I'll have to check in with some 9w8s here though. [MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION]? I've typed a friend as 9w8 and this is what she does, but I'd rather have an objective third party come in and chime in on the situation.

Elfboy has a no-nonsense approach to confrontation, and he puts people in there place immediately and lets everyone know where they stand with his ass, right off the bat.

Well that would be in-line with what I just said.

This is NOT how 9w8's do confrontation.

I don't think there's a certain confrontation style exclusive to every type. There may be tendencies, but there are always some discrepancies in how an individual copes from person to person.

Also, he is not an ISFP either: he never uses Se

Okay, I don't know what goes on entirely in his head but this is what I've observed. He's not too concerned with pinning down thoughts and connections as they come out. He notes opportunities to take action in what is before him. Dunno, kind of random anecdote but today I was out in the rain after receiving my psychology statistics test which I got a 92 on. Before, I told my professor that I wasn't too confident about what I learned and I wasn't sure if I knew the material. I was shivering and I thought to myself "why am I shivering and acting all beaten down when I just surprised myself by doing well on a test?" The obvious thought would be, Chandler you're outside in the rain without a jacket jesus christ! But no, what ran through my mind was "is it because my surprise actually brought me down because I didn't know myself as well as I thought I did?" "Is it because my Fi is damaged because it was wrong, which it almost never is?" I went straight to making connections and seeing how this could be interpreted, but in Elfboy I think he usually seems to first look at what is physically and objectively there before him. Maybe his mind works the same way mine does, since this does happen a lot inside my head as well. But even then, his main concern doesn't seem to be either kinds of Pe. I see oodles of Fi in him instead. He doesn't have an orientation towards the external world like me, [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION], or [MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION]. Sure, we can be in our own heads a lot but still, our main concern is perceiving what's around us while his main concern seems to be making decisions that feel right, just, and in-sync with himself. All PeJi users are like this, it's just more where you lie on the spectrum imo.

Anyway back to Se. Yeah, he doesn't seem to really hypothesize as much as you would expect from your standard ENFP. What he does do a lot imo is analyze what's actually going on around him in reality and breaking that down.

he is random as fuck like an Ne user

Se can be random too. Hell, perception itself is an irrational function.

and he certainly uses quite a lot of Te. He uses way too much Te, in fact, to be an Fi dom....PERIOD.

Does he though? I mean, his arguments are sound but that's about it (which any type can have). I've never gotten any Te off of him.

[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]

This makes no sense, what-so-ever.

lol

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

You can keep on thinking that. I won't stop you. But it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

Yes, it is. The idea is so ludicrous that it's laughable.

Elfboy is definitely a unique guy and not that hard to spot, but the general idea I've gotten from him is that he just sort of goes about his time in peace and tranquility until someone gets in the way and then he reacts or "shuts them down."

That's not the 9w8 style of confrontation though. I keep trying to tell you that. The 9w8, doesn't "shut someone down" right away. They avoid the confrontation, until they explode. He also, doesn't view confrontation as an unpleasant thing like a core 9 either. In fact, it doesn't bother him at all. This is not core 9 at all.

What I do see in him is a fear of separation from his significant other, wherever he may be. The 7ish side I see in Elfboy is when he goes about trying to actually find this person. He samples from a lot of different people and enjoys his time with them. But, at least in my opinion, the overarching fear of not being united with his SO is what's sitting in the back of his mind. I know he's said before he's torn between trying out as many people as he can while he's young and finding that one special person, but from the conversations I've had with him the main concern always seems to be the one.

NO! He's not trying to find THE ONE. In fact, he constantly talks about how he just wants a harem of twinks. This is enneagram 7 as fuck. The core 7 has the "grass is greener" mentality.

Elfboy also continues to surprise me with the words he puts out there about himself compared to what I actually see, like what Starry said earlier. He makes himself out to be an aggressive, go-getting man that'll knock down anyone who gets in his way. But then I see him do things like adapt to hand he's dealt with when it comes to pursuing what he wants.

Not because he is 9 fixed, but because he doesn't really have a choice. The man is dependent upon his parents, for income and for paying for his college education. If you talked to him more, you would know that he gets into confrontation with his parents all the time. The only reason he tries to dumb it down is because he is dependent on them, not because he doesn't like the conflict.

I've seen him wait oh so very long for one guy to come around so that he won't drive him away. Yes, this is part of the process of trying to draw someone in without making them run away in general too, but let's be real I'm not even sx-dom and if I was Elfboy I'd be asking "so where is this going" a hell of a lot sooner than he would.

It's not that he is trying to find "the one". It's the fact that is picky in terms of looks, and he is gay, and lives in the sticks, and it's that it's slim pickings when it comes to mate selection where he lives.

In my opinion, 9w8 seems to forgo confrontation just by being direct and keeping whatever's dissatisfying away. That's how they maintain their peaceful environment, a sort of adapting & filtering process. I'll have to check in with some 9w8s here though. @wolfy? I've typed a friend as 9w8 and this is what she does, but I'd rather have an objective third party come in and chime in on the situation.

No dude. That's how 1w9's do confrontation.

Okay, I don't know what goes on entirely in his head but this is what I've observed. He's not too concerned with pinning down thoughts and connections as they come out. He notes opportunities to take action in what is before him. Dunno, kind of random anecdote but today I was out in the rain after receiving my psychology statistics test which I got a 92 on. Before, I told my professor that I wasn't too confident about what I learned and I wasn't sure if I knew the material. I was shivering and I thought to myself "why am I shivering and acting all beaten down when I just surprised myself by doing well on a test?" The obvious thought would be, Chandler you're outside in the rain without a jacket jesus christ! But no, what ran through my mind was "is it because my surprise actually brought me down because I didn't know myself as well as I thought I did?" "Is it because my Fi is damaged because it was wrong, which it almost never is?" I went straight to making connections and seeing how this could be interpreted, but in Elfboy I think he usually seems to first look at what is physically and objectively there before him. Maybe his mind works the same way mine does, since this does happen a lot inside my head as well. But even then, his main concern doesn't seem to be either kinds of Pe. I see oodles of Fi in him instead. He doesn't have an orientation towards the external world like me, @Starry, or @five sounds. Sure, we can be in our own heads a lot but still, our main concern is perceiving what's around us while his main concern seems to be making decisions that feel right, just, and in-sync with himself. All PeJi users are like this, it's just more where you lie on the spectrum imo.

Anyway back to Se. Yeah, he doesn't seem to really hypothesize as much as you would expect from your standard ENFP. What he does do a lot imo is analyze what's actually going on around him in reality and breaking that down.

No. His mind moves too fast for an ISFP.

Does he though? I mean, his arguments are sound but that's about it (which any type can have). I've never gotten any Te off of him.

Yes, for example, most of his arguments are backed by facts from Jung and Naranjo. Fi doms rarely, if ever, do this.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] You're obviously not going to listen to me. :shrug: But I'm not trying to force your opinion anyway. I still think what I think. But here's why I'm not accepting your counterargument:

He also, doesn't view confrontation as an unpleasant thing like a core 9 either. In fact, it doesn't bother him at all. This is not core 9 at all.

In fact, he constantly talks about how he just wants a harem of twinks. This is enneagram 7 as fuck.

No dude. That's how 1w9's do confrontation.

These are generalizations and stereotypes. I mean, personality theories basically build on generalizations but this is REALLY oversimplified.

If you talked to him more, you would know that he gets into confrontation with his parents all the time.

Dude lol newsflash so does like any kid ever.

NO! He's not trying to find THE ONE.

But if YOU talked to him more, you'd know he's not just concerned with fucking as many people as possible. In fact that seems to be the main concern on his mind whenever we talk. Maybe you guys just don't talk about matters as personal. :unsure: But that is MY experience with him.

No. His mind moves too fast for an ISFP.

Not in my mind. And I don't see how having a quick mind proves anything. Unless you mean specifically making various connections between ideas and foreseeing a bunch of possibilities, I have not seen him do that. But having a quick mind itself proves literally nothing. MAYBE it would prove Pe, but nothing else.

Yes, for example, most of his arguments are backed by facts from Jung and Naranjo. Fi doms rarely, if ever, do this.

Fi-doms can't cite sources????????

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

These are generalizations and stereotypes. I mean, personality theories basically build on generalizations but this is REALLY oversimplified.

No these are descriptions of personality types, NOT STEREOTYPES

Dude lol newsflash so does like any kid ever.

The point I'm making is that he doesn't view confrontation as an unpleasantry like a core 9.

But if YOU talked to him more, you'd know he's not just concerned with fucking as many people as possible. In fact that seems to be the main concern on his mind whenever we talk. Maybe you guys just don't talk about matters as personal. But that is MY experience with him.

Even so, the sx/sp 7 is known for wanting to find "the one" as well.

Not in my mind. And I don't see how having a quick mind proves anything. Unless you mean specifically making various connections between ideas and foreseeing a bunch of possibilities, I have not seen him do that. But having a quick mind itself proves literally nothing. MAYBE it would prove Pe, but nothing else.

The core head center ENFP's minds move a lot faster. Talk to Elfboy and then talk to King of Dreams on skype whom is also ENFP, and you will see what I mean.

Fi-doms can't cite sources????????

Using objective facts and evidence in an argument is a Te thing.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No these are descriptions of personality types, NOT STEREOTYPES

Your absolutist claims don't hold that much weight in the real world.

Using objective facts and evidence in an argument is a Te thing.

And I am done discussing this after reading this. :doh:

wolfy

awsm
In my opinion, 9w8 seems to forgo confrontation just by being direct and keeping whatever's dissatisfying away. That's how they maintain their peaceful environment, a sort of adapting & filtering process. I'll have to check in with some 9w8s here though. [MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION]? I've typed a friend as 9w8 and this is what she does, but I'd rather have an objective third party come in and chime in on the situation.

Yeah, makes sense to me.