• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

R

Riva

I do not think Salomé is an INTP

She is one of the few people on the board with whom I would consciously avoid an argumentative confrontation, because such a confrontation will at best result in a Pyrrhic victory. An INTP will usually contain an argument to an intellectual level, however, in her case, intellectual debate is merely a starting point, and all stops will be pulled until the other party either concedes, withdraws, or goes down with her in a blaze of fire. Her zealotry very likely originates from a personal slight, but unlike with Feelers, the escalation of confrontations is very methodical.

The only people I've seen use this style of fighting are NTJs hellbent on revenge. So I'm casting my vote for either INTJ or ENTJ.

However sweet Sal reeks Ti, has no apparent Fi and has a Fe touch to her rants.

A lot of her behaviour could be explained if she is a counterphobic 6 but -

Nah I think she's intp. Just likely very sx

I might be inclined from a distance to think 6w5 instead of 5w4 but I'm kinda thinking she knows herself well enough to know what it is.

This ^

Also though her aggression has an e6 touch to it her personality is very much e5. Then again it could be her INTPness that is giving me that image.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From what I've seen, she's very confrontational like a counterphobic 6w5 but that's the only symptom I see. But confrontational behavior doesn't really seem backed by suspicion of others, fear of being abandoned, etc so she could probably have a strong 8 influence?

I haven't seen any reason to question INTP other than that compared to most INTPs she's a lot more belligerent, but she could just be an atypical INTP so I dunno. :shrug:

more than one comment talking about someone is kinda much for me but...i like her...just meant i thought she was a passionate sx.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
more than one comment talking about someone is kinda much for me but...i like her...just meant i thought she was a passionate sx.

That's basically what I think too.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i think rw ( [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] ) is some kind of INJ.

Hmm, yes, I remember the discussion we had on Ventrilo included this topic. Anyway, I'll outline my personal information in relation to type descriptions for you. :)

http://personalitycafe.com/infj-articles/11697-conversations-foreseer-developers-infjs.html

Conversations with Foreseer Developers (INFJs)

^ Well, I guess the basic theme of that article is how he/she puts a big focus on people, unlocking their potential and connecting with them. He/she also seems to have a big philosophical focus, finding higher meanings and such. Yes, I am kind of odd, but I don't need understanding so much as I need acceptence. Having a basic foundation for things also seems to be good for building up. But I'm really not very adept with my people skills, nor do I put as much focus there. The INFJ here seems to thrive in the personal contexts.

http://personalitycafe.com/intj-articles/11691-conversations-conceptualizer-directors-intjs.html

Conversations with Conceptualizer Directors (INTJs)

^ And with the INTJ in that article, he/she seems to have very high mental focus and a drive to understand world systems. He/she claims to be ahead of the time, having revolutionary views and such. The INTJ here also has a good method of investigating and asking questions, seeing where the contingencies could go. And then there's the high openness to expanding overall worldviews, seeing things from all of the dimensions, and exploring the full spectrum of being.

On the whole, if you think I'm INJ, INTJ would seem to fit much better than INFJ. Of course, other people will think differently as well.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think sx-doms keep getting typed as counter-phobic 6s by people who don't get it.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think some of us So-dom introverts are tossed onto the extrovert pile hastily. This might also apply to Sp-dom extroverts?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
That's basically what I think too.

Interestingly enough I could see you as ESFP over ENFP.

You seem to have an appreciation for more current, or rather modern, colour, style and tastes, which puts me in mind of popular culture. ENFP's aren't really stylish in a here and now way, which you come across as.

But this is all in the realm of vibe, which is as substantial as thought to the cognitively dead, so therefore it is perfect for MBTI.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

You seem to have an appreciation for more current, or rather modern, colour, style and tastes, which puts me in mind of popular culture. ENFP's aren't really stylish in a here and now way, which you come across as.

But this is all in the realm of vibe, which is as substantial as thought to the cognitively dead, so therefore it is perfect for MBTI.

I agree with you! I also see more Se, than Ne

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

So if my preferences are mainstream that makes me S over N? Perfect. Guess I'm ESFP then.

I agree with you! I also see more Se, than Ne

Okay. Where is it?

(subconsciously thinks this is a 4 trying to distance other people away from herself so she feels more special but it's probably not)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ya know I've recently had a couple suggestions for se use in myself based on my artsy aesthetic or appreciation for art or whatever.

I do not buy that it's un enfp like to be artsy or like fashion at all.

Pretty sure Marc Jacobs is an enfp.

Bijork is mad artsy and into fashion and she's infp.

Etc
Etc
Etc

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ya know I've recently had a couple suggestions for se use in myself based on my artsy aesthetic or appreciation for art or whatever.

I do not buy that it's un enfp like to be artsy or like fashion at all.

Pretty sure Marc Jacobs is an enfp.

Bijork is mad artsy and into fashion and she's infp.

Etc
Etc
Etc

It's also the special snowflake bias towards Ns again. "Your taste isn't unique enough for you to be N! Your taste is more mainstream so you're an S!" blah blah blah. I mean, I don't think an ENFP would even try to have a really defined sense of style in musical taste. If all Ns really do purposefully try to have a unique taste in music, then let me be ESFP. I'd rather be able to listen to what I want rather than listen to certain music to build up an image of "vintage style." Having a type of style just seems fake to me, because if you really only listened to what you'd like then you would have a much more varied taste in music and art (not you specifically, I mean generally). I mean, I've talked to [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] about music ranging from "fuck bitches get money" rap to elegant and dramatic opera. And then if you look at my library it ranges from Frederic Chopin to the Pokemon X soundtrack to Kelly Clarkson pop ballads. I like what I like, regardless of if it's "modern" or not. I always thought of that as the beauty of ENFPs (or EFPs in general) - we would have like a collection of trinkets from multiple worlds and bring them all into one because we simply felt like taking them.

Edit: Oh, and if ENFPs supposedly listen to non-modern music because it's "deeper" or "more meaningful" then I would venture to say those "ENFPs" aren't even ENFPs. Isn't that another quality we value in ENFPs so much, being to pull meaning from anything and everything? If you put a Kelly Clarkson song in front of me right now I'd be able to break it out into heartfelt pieces at any possible minute.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the difference lies in the experience of said art.

I think a ne user may be imagining a whole story or experiencing a sort of nostalgia for a memory of an imagined life with maybe bits if your own that you can relate to it thrown in rather than just empathizing with the actual literal representation.

But I'm not quite sure. I'd like some se users input on that.

I'm not sure if that even made sense. I think I'm getting sleepy.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think the difference lies in the experience of said art.

I think a ne user may be imagining a whole story or experiencing a sort of nostalgia for a memory of an imagined life with maybe bits if your own that you can relate to it thrown in rather than just empathizing with the actual literal representation.

But I'm not quite sure. I'd like some se users input on that.

I'm not sure if that even made sense. I think I'm getting sleepy.

Nah, I agree. :D Even if it's just like a catchy beat I'll like to imagine stories with it. Like for example, when I listen to I Got a Boy by Girls' Generation (in my sig) I always imagine myself somehow getting onto my school's dance team and then performing the dance during halftime at a football game (I would be in Sooyoung's position of course). If only I had the actual dance skills for that in real life. :cry:

Or when I listen to Because of You by Kelly Clarkson I play all these memories through my head of my grandparents suffering from lung cancer/Alzheimer's and also me fighting with my mom when she discovered that I liked a guy and then me trying to hide my sexuality from her since then etc.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's also the special snowflake bias towards Ns again. "Your taste isn't unique enough for you to be N! Your taste is more mainstream so you're an S!" blah blah blah. I mean, I don't think an ENFP would even try to have a really defined sense of style in musical taste. If all Ns really do purposefully try to have a unique taste in music, then let me be ESFP. I'd rather be able to listen to what I want rather than listen to certain music to build up an image of "vintage style." Having a type of style just seems fake to me, because if you really only listened to what you'd like then you would have a much more varied taste in music and art (not you specifically, I mean generally). I mean, I've talked to [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] about music ranging from "fuck bitches get money" rap to elegant and dramatic opera. And then if you look at my library it ranges from Frederic Chopin to the Pokemon X soundtrack to Kelly Clarkson pop ballads. I like what I like, regardless of if it's "modern" or not. I always thought of that as the beauty of ENFPs (or EFPs in general) - we would have like a collection of trinkets from multiple worlds and bring them all into one because we simply felt like taking them.

Edit: Oh, and if ENFPs supposedly listen to non-modern music because it's "deeper" or "more meaningful" then I would venture to say those "ENFPs" aren't even ENFPs. Isn't that another quality we value in ENFPs so much, being to pull meaning from anything and everything? If you put a Kelly Clarkson song in front of me right now I'd be able to break it out into heartfelt pieces at any possible minute.
I actually identify with almost all of this (different taste in music). But I like a lot of different stuff, including mainstream stuff people make fun of me for lol. I like passion and attitude, and music that sounds good and makes me want to dance or have sex. I can appreciate really creative or intellectual music too. I can appreciate lyrics, but they have to go with non-boring music and not be sung by someone with an annoying voice.

One of my ISFP friends (the hipster) and my INFP cousin are equally bad about being music snobs.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I actually identify with almost all of this (different taste in music). But I like a lot of different stuff, including mainstream stuff people make fun of me for lol. I like passion and attitude, and music that sounds good and makes me want to dance or have sex. I can appreciate really creative or intellectual music too. I can appreciate lyrics, but they have to go with non-boring music and not be sung by someone with an annoying voice.

Rock on! That's what I like, when people have a wide variety of tastes in music - I think having a wide variety of interest in things in general gives someone a good sense of well-roundedness if that makes sense. It's like you can better feel that that person is a genuine human being because of it. It's hard to explain. :thinking:

I really think [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] should start a thread where he analyzes your musical taste. He's damn good at it. According to the music I show him and what he's seen me post, my musical taste is very "warm" and "scattered/not focused" and "passionate." /pastes shit

[11/12/2013 11:03:16 PM] LHI: oh god
[11/12/2013 11:03:20 PM] LHI: Chandler
[11/12/2013 11:03:29 PM] LHI: You bring vibrance
[11/12/2013 11:03:39 PM] LHI: the songs you link me
[11/12/2013 11:03:50 PM] LHI: They're very orange, yellow, red
[11/12/2013 11:04:00 PM] LHI: the warm colors

[11/12/2013 11:12:32 PM] LHI: yours is so flowerly
[11/12/2013 11:12:34 PM] LHI: and welcomeing

[11/12/2013 11:18:44 PM] LHI: haha I bet
[11/12/2013 11:20:44 PM] LHI: GOD
[11/12/2013 11:20:48 PM] LHI: i notice a theme
[11/12/2013 11:20:59 PM] LHI: your songs tend to be vibrant and powerful
[11/12/2013 11:21:07 PM] LHI: and it tends to be swirly
[11/12/2013 11:21:15 PM] Chandler: swirly?
[11/12/2013 11:22:01 PM] LHI: like this
[11/12/2013 11:22:03 PM] LHI: http://vetani.tumblr.com/post/49170581190
[11/12/2013 11:22:33 PM] LHI: Effervescent, iridescent
[11/12/2013 11:22:38 PM] LHI: With force and verve
[11/12/2013 11:23:10 PM] Chandler: hmm
[11/12/2013 11:23:12 PM] Chandler: pulsating?
[11/12/2013 11:23:20 PM] LHI: and this
[11/12/2013 11:23:20 PM] LHI: http://vetani.tumblr.com/post/42022652765/showslow-michael-chase-paintaway-2012
[11/12/2013 11:23:25 PM] LHI: very colorful
[11/12/2013 11:23:36 PM] LHI: and not very organized
[11/12/2013 11:23:49 PM] LHI: the music tends to be hard to sift through
[11/12/2013 11:23:54 PM] LHI: they're not very precise
[11/12/2013 11:24:10 PM] LHI: the synths, the lyric pronunciation
[11/12/2013 11:26:42 PM] LHI: there's a lot of variation in tone as well

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
So if my preferences are mainstream that makes me S over N? Perfect. Guess I'm ESFP.

Not exactly what I said, current not mainstream, just because it puts me in mind of popular culture doesn't mean I think it's mainstream. But it's more of a vibe, which MBTI LURVES.

Wow. Well you are certainly Fi, I've never seen such indignation.

Incidently any human being is able to pull meaning from anything and everything. The quality of Ne is about being able pull in different frameworks of information in order to create new avenues of potential. And those potentials have a quality to them, they aren't just random observations. Who cares about 'deeper'? My toilet bowl is deep.

Also I never mentioned music, although it's an interesting thought. I always assumed music was personal and held any number of candidates for what someone likes, in other words people can enjoy sounds from any different genre at once, l agree with you on that account.

As for special snowflake, well I don't think rarity, assuming type statistics can actually be trusted, makes something special in and of itself.
I've also been one of the more vocal against type prejudice in the past.

I think your reaction reveals more about your own biases, I'm the S here.

Type is nothing more than modes of operation, individuals can be intelligent and insightful regardless of type, it's the way in which it is reached that is important.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not exactly what I said, current not mainstream, just because it puts me in mind of popular culture doesn't mean I think it's mainstream. But it's more of a vibe, which MBTI LURVES.

Wow. Well you are certainly Fi, I've never seen such indignation.

Incidently any human being is able to pull meaning from anything and everything. The quality of Ne is about being able pull in different frameworks of information in order to create new avenues of potential. And those potentials have a quality to them, they aren't just random observations. Who cares about 'deeper'? My toilet bowl is deep.

Also I never mentioned music, although it's an interesting thought. I always assumed music was personal and held any number of candidates for what someone likes, in other words people can enjoy sounds from any different genre at once, l agree with you on that account.

As for special snowflake, well I don't think rarity, assuming type statistics can actually be trusted, makes something special in and of itself.
I've also been one of the more vocal against type prejudice in the past.

I think your reaction reveals more about your own biases, I'm the S here.

Type is nothing more than modes of operation, individuals can be intelligent and insightful regardless of type, it's the way in which it is reached that is important.

You're the weirdest ISFJ I've ever seen.

To the bolded: Why don't you have a chat with him and see how it's like for yourself? I'm very sure you will change your opinion.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
[MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION]

You are much more like an INFJ.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION]

You are much more like an INFJ.

AA looks like an INFJ in many ways to me as well, since he's a pretty diplomatic and idealistic guy who seems to give good thought to things, but I guess that really could be any type. He probably doesn't need us harrassing him about it too much anyway. AA puts even more stock in people's various opinion than I do, perhaps too much so, whereas I'm pretty expansive about those things to start with. Does all of this sound accurate to you [MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION]?