• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't understand how that's relevant to what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is regardless of whether you relate to someone or not, it doesn't affect your type is or what that person's type is. For example, I find myself relating a lot to Reese Witherspoon. Functionally, we're complete opposites (ENFJ vs ENFP). But then again I don't relate to Jack White despite the fact that we're both probably ENFP. And the only 7w6 I can say I actually relate to is Gwen Stefani.

"Must be gut-second then, because I can't relate to his seemingly maverick-esque approach to life." - Just because you can't relate to a part of someone's life does not mean it's an indicator about their personality. Correlation, not causation. :) That was my point. I mean there are other ways to justify that he's gut-second, just not how much you relate to him.

We choose to like someone, or relate to someone based on our similarities. And I believe functions can be very important in directing person's mind and the way he presents himself. So I would disagree with you... I think relating or not relating to someone can give you some clue about your type. I am not saying you should type yourself just based on this one clue, but it might actually be a good starting point. For example I usually very much relate to any Fi types, when I just here an Fi person talk I always think "That's my kind of a person!" I feel the same about 4s. BTW I think Reese is an ESFJ, then relating to here Si/Ne would make much better sense for you as an ENFP.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I suppose I can see not relating to part of a persons life, but what areas would you relate to? Say if this 'jack white' you speak of was an ENFP like yourself.

How do you see that he is ENFP? Meaning what parts DO you associate with ENFP, functionally or otherwise? There must be similarities somewhere in a pattern based system right?

I relate to how he presents himself in interviews, which is probably something more common among ENFPs. But I don't relate to his darker "vibe" or the low-key voice he has in his music, which is probably more of an artistic choice. I doubt all ENFPs would go for the same exact style as him (I think Carly Rae Jepsen is ENFP as well), but I'm not going to use what I don't relate to about him as a way to push him away from my type. It's like saying, "that person isn't similar enough to me! They can't share the same type as me!" Because people will always be different from each other, whether or not they share the same type. In this case, just because Stansmith doesn't relate to DJ's "lifestyle" or whatever doesn't necessarily signify something about DJ's type, because it's not like all 6w7s are going to go about living life the same way.

We choose to like someone, or relate to someone based on our similarities. And I believe functions can be very important in directing person's mind and the way he presents himself. So I would disagree with you... I think relating or not relating to someone can give you some clue about your type. I am not saying you should type yourself just based on this one clue, but it might actually be a good starting point. For example I usually very much relate to any Fi types, when I just here an Fi person talk I always think "That's my kind of a person!" I feel the same about 4s. BTW I think Reese is an ESFJ, then relating to here Si/Ne would make much better sense for you as an ENFP.

Okay, let me pull up a list of people I relate to and what I think their types are, both celebrities and fictional characters (I'll include why too just so you can see why I relate to them):

Reese Witherspoon (ENFJ) - passionate about what she does, friendly, socially skilled, genuine human who makes mistakes, etc.
Jennifer Lawrence (ENFJ) - funny, pleasant and quick-thinking at the same time, doesn't take herself too seriously, etc.
Sasha Braus (ESFP) - spontaneous, approaches things from a unique angle, modest about her skill, forgetful of what's proper or not, etc.
Makoto Tachibana (ISFJ) - soothing, calming, puts on a happy front, concerned about his friends, loyal, helps keep people together, etc.
Kelly Clarkson (ENFP) - happy and bubbly, scatterbrained and "not all there," people-pleasing, upfront about what she believes, love-oriented, etc.
Ariana Grande (ENFP) - happy and bubbly, fun, willing to stand up for her loved ones, doesn't forget who her friends are, etc.
Rachel Greene (ESFJ) - greatly concerned about love, emotional, concerned about others, natural, etc.
Donna Pinciotti (ESTP) - fighting against social conventions, marches to the beat of her own drum, fun and silly while also having opinions and passion
Akane Kurashiki (INFP) - passionate about achieving an ideal outcome, sticks up for her ideals, sometimes forgets how she's affecting others, etc.
Aoi Asahina (ENFJ) - genuinely loyal to her friends, self-sacrificial, emotional, strives for win-win situations, feels things deeply
Brendon Urie (ENTP) - quirky, fast-talking, on the fly, spontaneous, engaging, speaks before thinking, etc.

So from this list of people I relate to, what would you say my type is? There's really only two ENFPs there, but all of them have attributes I relate to regardless of type. So even though I relate to them it doesn't really prove anything about our types. Most of my reasons could probably be attributed to ENFP-ish or so/sx-ish stuff, but that's why I relate to them. But if I were to say I just don't relate to someone because of how he lives their life, it doesn't prove anything about his type or mine because people live their lives in different ways regardless of their type. Really pure relation can't prove anything (relating to how someone lives their life, their style or artistic choices, etc). It's the traits you see in someone you relate to that can say something about your type, which is basically the same as listing qualities you see in yourself which can be independent from relation.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, let me pull up a list of people I relate to and what I think their types are, both celebrities and fictional characters (I'll include why too just so you can see why I relate to them):

Reese Witherspoon (ENFJ) - passionate about what she does, friendly, socially skilled, genuine human who makes mistakes, etc.
Jennifer Lawrence (ENFJ) - funny, pleasant and quick-thinking at the same time, doesn't take herself too seriously, etc.
Sasha Braus (ESFP) - spontaneous, approaches things from a unique angle, modest about her skill, forgetful of what's proper or not, etc.
Makoto Tachibana (ISFJ) - soothing, calming, puts on a happy front, concerned about his friends, loyal, helps keep people together, etc.
Kelly Clarkson (ENFP) - happy and bubbly, scatterbrained and "not all there," people-pleasing, upfront about what she believes, love-oriented, etc.
Ariana Grande (ENFP) - happy and bubbly, fun, willing to stand up for her loved ones, doesn't forget who her friends are, etc.
Rachel Greene (ESFJ) - greatly concerned about love, emotional, concerned about others, natural, etc.
Donna Pinciotti (ESTP) - fighting against social conventions, marches to the beat of her own drum, fun and silly while also having opinions and passion
Akane Kurashiki (INFP) - passionate about achieving an ideal outcome, sticks up for her ideals, sometimes forgets how she's affecting others, etc.
Aoi Asahina (ENFJ) - genuinely loyal to her friends, self-sacrificial, emotional, strives for win-win situations, feels things deeply
Brendon Urie (ENTP) - quirky, fast-talking, on the fly, spontaneous, engaging, speaks before thinking, etc.

So from this list of people I relate to, what would you say my type is? There's really only two ENFPs there, but all of them have attributes I relate to regardless of type. So even though I relate to them it doesn't really prove anything about our types. Most of my reasons could probably be attributed to ENFP-ish or so/sx-ish stuff, but that's why I relate to them. But if I were to say I just don't relate to someone because of how he lives their life, it doesn't prove anything about his type or mine because people live their lives in different ways regardless of their type. Really pure relation can't prove anything (relating to how someone lives their life, their style or artistic choices, etc). It's the traits you see in someone you relate to that can say something about your type, which is basically the same as listing qualities you see in yourself which can be independent from relation.

I actually think all the people you relate to and the fact you relate so much to the Fe types, points out, that you're 2, or you have very strong 2 heart fix and it really can reveal something about you... I only dislike that you mentioned the reasons you like them could be attributed with ENFPs...I can't really relate to any attribute you mentioned...I really dislike when someone describe ENFPs as that happy bubbly types...It's just so totally against of who I believe I am. I hate hate hate this stereotype...I hate so much I don't wanna be an ENFP, but unfortunately it seems like I am

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I actually think all the people you relate to and the fact you relate so much to the Fe types, points out, that you're 2, or you have very strong 2 heart fix and it really can reveal something about you... I only dislike that you mentioned the reasons you like them could be attributed with ENFPs...I can't really relate to any attribute you mentioned...I really dislike when someone describe ENFPs as that happy bubbly types...It's just so totally against of who I believe I am.

I didn't say all of those attributes could be attributed to ENFPs. I think "marches to the beat of her own drum" or "upfront about what she believes" or "approaches things from a unique angle" or "scatterbrained" could be very common EFP qualities. I was implying that the bubbly and happy qualities were more so/sx than ENFP. I'm actually a bit offended you would think I would think of ENFPs (or any type for that matter) in a way that online descriptions often describe them.

Also, what do you think it says about me? Because right now I'm thinking that my 2ish interest and style in love and relationships stems more from my 7ish desire to not want to miss out on the joys of life.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't say all of those attributes could be attributed to ENFPs. I think "marches to the beat of her own drum" or "upfront about what she believes" or "approaches things from a unique angle" or "scatterbrained" could be very common EFP qualities. I was implying that the bubbly and happy qualities were more so/sx than ENFP. I'm actually a bit offended you would think I would think of ENFPs (or any type for that matter) in a way that online descriptions often describe them.

Also, what do you think it says about me? Because right now I'm thinking that my 2ish interest and style in love and relationships stems more from my 7ish desire to not want to miss out on the joys of life.
Okay I am sorry I didn't want to offend you, I just really can get med when people brings out this kind of attributes, but I didn't mean it like you don't know more, than internet descriptions. I believe you know much about MBTI. I said what I thought your liking someone might say about your type, but I don't know if I can answer your 7 vs. 2 question. Enjoying the joys of life is not only a 7 thing, I believe 2s can also be a pleasure seeking type... I think it's more about. Where do you hope you find the joy? Do you believe you can find it around people, in relationship, in relating and sharing with someone else,or are you more oriented toward the joy you can find in crazy adventurous, changes, freedom? I think the basic difference between 7 and 2 is, that 7 would probably feel a bit uncomfortable with the idea of relationship commitment. The relationship for 7s can seem as a limiting thing, while 2s desperately need someone to share their joys with. My 7 head fix is extremly strong and I know what I am talking about...relationship for 7s can really be too limiting. Their unhealthy need to escape can turn out right in this kinds of situations, when they are commited to one person.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay I am sorry I didn't want to offend you, I just really can get med when people brings out this kind of attributes, but I didn't mean it like you don't know more, than internet descriptions. I believe you know much about MBTI. I said what I thought your liking someone might say about your type, but I don't know if I can answer your 7 vs. 2 question. Enjoying the joys of life is not only a 7 thing, I believe 2s can also be a pleasure seeking type... I think it's more about. Where do you hope you find the joy? Do you believe you can find it around people, in relationship, in relating and sharing with someone else,or are you more oriented toward the joy you can find in crazy adventurous, changes, freedom? I think the basic difference between 7 and 2 is, that 7 would probably feel a bit uncomfortable with the idea of relationship commitment. The relationship for 7s can seem as a limiting thing, while 2s desperately need someone to share their joys with. My 7 head fix is extremly strong and I know what I am talking about...relationship for 7s can really be too limiting. Their unhealthy need to escape can turn out right in this kinds of situations, when they are commited to one person.

I think my main problem is that I'm attracted to the idea of committed relationships and in an ideal world I'd be in a loving and committed relationship, but when the opportunity comes for me to actually enter a relationship I get scared that I'm settling for less than what I could get and run away from it. So I'm a relationship-oriented person and find happiness when I'm in a relationship with someone, I just worry over if I'll be entirely happy with that person in the future or if I'll find someone else that I'll like more.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think my main problem is that I'm attracted to the idea of committed relationships and in an ideal world I'd be in a loving and committed relationship, but when the opportunity comes for me to actually enter a relationship I get scared that I'm settling for less than what I could get and run away from it. So I'm a relationship-oriented person and find happiness when I'm in a relationship with someone, I just worry over if I'll be entirely happy with that person in the future or if I'll find someone else that I'll like more.

heh I have the same problem. The only difference is I don't think I am so relationship oriented. I think it has to do something with being an ENFP that seeks a romantic ideal, that would also match the future ideal, but it's hard to choose, because of our natural tendecny to think ..."what if".

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
heh I have the same problem. The only difference is I don't think I am so relationship oriented. I think it has to do something with being an ENFP that seeks a romantic ideal, that would also match the future ideal, but it's hard to choose, because of our natural tendecny to think ..."what if".

Most definitely. I also have a problem with thinking that I don't really have that many standards for guys but then someone asked me the other day "well, what if you do and you just don't know it?" It was an "oh shit" moment for me. :laugh:

Standuble

Over the past several weeks I have been reading this thread and the only word I can use to describe is: infamous. The first part was a shit load of fun: you had Jack Flak's rampages and the epic SolitaryWalker story arc - without warning SW dropped a nuke and created several hundred posts in response. It happened on page 45 - the event was just like Operation Barbarossa. It came from nowhere, was devastating and enormous and left a shit ton of carnage which took a long time to clear up and ended up leaving countless dead. Unfortunately just like the WW2 it jumped the shark after that point and since then it has been several hundred pages of petty squabbles and mud throwing with the sound bite of a generation being "Lark is a Si-dom".

Where is the passion? Where has the sheer audacity and unempathetic delivery evaporated to? In the words of Cicero himself: "Oh the times! Oh the customs!" Can we have some more first class quality drama over here please?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Unlikely. This sort of tepid vomit is what you're reduced to digesting when you ban the talent.
Beige stiffs, 1 cup does not a drama make.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Over the past several weeks I have been reading this thread and the only word I can use to describe is: infamous. The first part was a shit load of fun: you had Jack Flak's rampages and the epic SolitaryWalker story arc - without warning SW dropped a nuke and created several hundred posts in response. It happened on page 45 - the event was just like Operation Barbarossa. It came from nowhere, was devastating and enormous and left a shit ton of carnage which took a long time to clear up and ended up leaving countless dead. Unfortunately just like the WW2 it jumped the shark after that point and since then it has been several hundred pages of petty squabbles and mud throwing with the sound bite of a generation being "Lark is a Si-dom".

Where is the passion? Where has the sheer audacity and unempathetic delivery evaporated to? In the words of Cicero himself: "Oh the times! Oh the customs!" Can we have some more first class quality drama over here please?

Let's be honest MBTI comes in swings and roundabouts.

Although it depends on the person, my interest in it tends to wane like day old milk in a hot greenhouse....until the milkman/woman/toadfishpig comes. I suppose I could swan around pretending to be an INTJ or something for a week, but everyone would know that because it was me doing it:

A) It shouldn't be taken the least bit serious....

&

B) Nobody would care or be interested in my type, since by now I and I suspect everyone else, is exhausted by my constant switcharooing and lack of self identity/ability to accurately introspect in revelation of a self.

Still....for drama's sake.
[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] is an ENTP who idealises INTJ characteristics in an exaggerated manner.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

This post made me think "sx/so."

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I do not think Salomé is an INTP

She is one of the few people on the board with whom I would consciously avoid an argumentative confrontation, because such a confrontation will at best result in a Pyrrhic victory. An INTP will usually contain an argument to an intellectual level, however, in her case, intellectual debate is merely a starting point, and all stops will be pulled until the other party either concedes, withdraws, or goes down with her in a blaze of fire. Her zealotry very likely originates from a personal slight, but unlike with Feelers, the escalation of confrontations is very methodical.

The only people I've seen use this style of fighting are NTJs hellbent on revenge. So I'm casting my vote for either INTJ or ENTJ.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nah I think she's intp. Just likely very sx

I might be inclined from a distance to think 6w5 instead of 5w4 but I'm kinda thinking she knows herself well enough to know what it is.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do not think Salomé is an INTP

She is one of the few people on the board with whom I would consciously avoid an argumentative confrontation, because such a confrontation will at best result in a Pyrrhic victory. An INTP will usually contain an argument to an intellectual level, however, in her case, intellectual debate is merely a starting point, and all stops will be pulled until the other party either concedes, withdraws, or goes down with her in a blaze of fire. Her zealotry very likely originates from a personal slight, but unlike with Feelers, the escalation of confrontations is very methodical.

The only people I've seen use this style of fighting are NTJs hellbent on revenge. So I'm casting my vote for either INTJ or ENTJ.

I've observed that some INTPs can be extremely open-minded people, and others who are too sure of their logic can have some superficial perspectives.

Just make an educated guess as to which end of the spectrum I think she might be closer too...

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
i think rw ( [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] ) is some kind of INJ.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nah I think she's intp. Just likely very sx

I might be inclined from a distance to think 6w5 instead of 5w4 but I'm kinda thinking she knows herself well enough to know what it is.

From what I've seen, she's very confrontational like a counterphobic 6w5 but that's the only symptom I see. But confrontational behavior doesn't really seem backed by suspicion of others, fear of being abandoned, etc so she could probably have a strong 8 influence?

I haven't seen any reason to question INTP other than that compared to most INTPs she's a lot more belligerent, but she could just be an atypical INTP so I dunno. :shrug: