• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
By typing me, you avoid me as a person.

By typing me, you sell me short, and make me less than a person.

I can understand you might feel overwhelmed by me and so wish to reduce me to a type so you can handle me.

If this is how you feel, what are you doing on a typing forum?

R

Riva

Perhaps the most blindly Ti thing ever said.

I always pray to the gods I worship that it wouldn't be you who'd be given the task of giving my eulogy and this comment reminded me why.

I was merely giving the other side of the story. The opposite intentions he perceived her to have.

However I do realize that his yous might not have been directed at her.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If this is how you feel, what are you doing on a typing forum?

Maybe the person doesn't need a bunch of letters and numbers to tell the person who he really is because he's grown out of the labels?

Nicodemus

I always pray to the gods I worship that it wouldn't be you who'd be given the task of giving my eulogy and this comment reminded me why.

I was merely giving the other side of the story. The opposite intentions he perceived her to have.

It was just an observation.

G

Ginkgo

Your eulogy...

Do you really think you're INTJ?

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Maybe the person doesn't need a bunch of letters and numbers to tell the person who he really is because he's grown out of the labels?

I totally respect that, but that's the point of the forum, so I'm just wondering what he's doing in this environment if he isn't interested in being typed or in typology.

G

Ginkgo

Hmm.. talking about my eulogy and my MBTI type lets just hope that there will never come a day that MBTIs types will get mentioned in eulogies.

Yeah well you're already of the opinion that one's MBTI status may justify their existence so hey. Logic's a bitch.

R

Riva

I feel this conversation is going to get moved to the off topic posts thread.

Either that or you're dishonest.

I am dishonest. This I admit.

However how did you come to that conclusion based on me questioning your comment about existence?

If anything you should have said personality, therefore it suits to be mentioned in an eulogy.

However the reason behind you making that observation probably (which by the way you didn't put in to correct wording) was this post of mine -

Or maybe by typing you she is trying to understand you as a person.

By typing you, she makes you a person and not someone from the internet.

Most importantly by typing you she could probably be looking for a place to begin so to understand you as not everyone is a naturally gifted at reading people nor trained.

Please note the words she, maybe and could mentioned a couple of times.

G

Ginkgo

I feel this conversation is going to get moved to the off topic posts thread.

I am dishonest. This I admit.

However how did you come to that conclusion based on me questioning your comment about existence?

If anything you should have said personality, therefore it suits to be mentioned in an eulogy.

However the reason behind you making that observation probably (which by the way you didn't put in to correct wording) was this post of mine -

Please note the words she, maybe and could mentioned a couple of times.

Either you do or you don't believe that the understanding of personality justifies the very existence of personality. Which is it?

R

Riva

Either you do or you don't believe that the understanding of personality justifies the very existence of personality. Which is it?

I do not believe in the existence of personality.

Sadly I am a Buddhist. So in a strictly Buddhist way of saying it; personalities are illusions.

And there was never an 'I' to begin with in the initial post of mine which created such a controversy. It was me trying to explain to Victor what she may/must be trying to do therefore he could be mistaken about her intentions.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I totally respect that, but that's the point of the forum, so I'm just wondering what he's doing in this environment if he isn't interested in being typed or in typology.

Well, there are other forums dedicated NOT for typology. Maybe he's using this forum as a way to connect/discuss with other people about other things than typology.

G

Ginkgo

I do not believe in the existence of personality.

Sadly I am a Buddhist. So in a strictly Buddhist way of saying it; personalities are illusions.

And there was never an 'I' to begin with in the initial post of mine which created such a controversy. It was me trying to explain to Victor what she may/must be trying to do therefore he could be mistaken about her intentions.

Am I an illusion in your eyes?

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Well, there are other forums dedicated NOT for typology. Maybe he's using this forum as a way to connect/discuss with other people about other things than typology.

I didn't follow the whole thread, but he *is* choosing to post in a thread about mistypes which pertains to typology and typing people (not just talking about theory). If he does't want to participate in being typed or being accused of being mistyped or talking about it then why post in this thread? Why not just stick to the other forums?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't follow the whole thread, but he *is* choosing to post in a thread about mistypes which pertains to typology and typing people (not just talking about theory). If he does't want to participate in being typed or being accused of being mistyped or talking about it then why post in this thread? Why not just stick to the other forums?
Well fyi, he didn't really choose. He got called out and he's defending himself.

Though, if I were him I'd just post something like 'my type is not up for discussion. Please respect that.' and then I'd ignore the thread entirely.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Well fyi, he didn't really choose. He got called out and he's defending himself.

Though, if I were him I'd just post something like 'my type is not up for discussion. Please respect that.' and then I'd ignore the thread entirely.
Gotcha. Yeah that is what I'd do too.

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Huh, interesting observation, Lark. Though I really doubt Victor's an SJ given the content of his posts - so much looping, so much linking, so much perspective alteration. N trends, not S data. I'm on board the NF train for him. INFx 6w5, maybe, which would go far in explaining SJesque behavior. Any chance you're a 6 too, [MENTION=3325]Victor[/MENTION]?

By typing me, you avoid me as a person.

By typing me, you sell me short, and make me less than a person.

I can understand you might feel overwhelmed by me and so wish to reduce me to a type so you can handle me.

I don't see N so much as pseudo N. How about ISFP 6w7? :p

No, seriously.. the rebuke looks Feeling oriented, introverted, and in denial of fitting into a system (inf Te?). So the hypothesis.