• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Did you ever consider that this is because Ne is their dominant function and it is difficult for them to formulate their thoughts in a clear and concise manner that is appreciated by Se-valuing people such as yourself? I doubt that the ability to express yourself directly in speech/writing has much to do with our enneatypes. By that logic I would be an 8 too, particularly so because my thinking is casual-deterministic and I tend to write in absolutes due to inferior Te despite not intending to suggest it is absolute. Also, I swear a lot.

I suppose Ne dom could be to blame for indirect speech.

Mole

Permabanned
If someone knows their type.

But how do they know their personality type? Have they had their personality measured and interpreted by a qualified psychometrician? Of course not. So they don't even know their type.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But how do they know their personality type? Have they had their personality measured and interpreted by a qualified psychometrician? Of course not. So they don't even know their type.

By studying and comparing to the framework that is formulated obviously. Which is just like how we determine everything else in science.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[MENTION=2]Ivy[/MENTION]
I think you're a 1w9 rather than 4

I'll think about that. But Jeffy (JivinJeffJones) has me pretty convinced I'm actually a 6.

Edit: my understanding of Enneagram is scant at best, so I'm really flying sort of blind where it's concerned.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your guess has no basis in evidence or reason.
And typing is a way to avoid spontaneous interaction, to keep others at a distance, to avoid intimacy, to treat others as things, and to exert your power

I suppose you could project one several possible reasons for typing someone onto everyone who engages in the practice

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey! I just found this thread.
I don't think I'm mistyped, but opinions never hurt.

INTRO:
Ex-PerC member.
Some people know me here. But a few others have seen me post. I'd like to see what everyone has to say.
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], [MENTION=16405]LeaT[/MENTION], [MENTION=16406]Faceless Beauty[/MENTION], [MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION], [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]

:p

forgive me if you do not like being summoned.
From the thread interactions I've had with you in the Gut Center part of the forum, I definitely think you're either a 1w9 or a 9w1. I have essentially no MBTI-related evidence either way, though, so I'll go with your typing. :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OrangeAppled you seem ENFP rather than INFP. your posts have a considerable amount of Te and you detach yourself far too easily for me to believe you are Fi dom

I hoped someday to be summoned to this thread, because always being named a poster child for your type is so dull & cliche. I'd rather be a rogue INFP.

But are you saying we're the same type then? NOW I'm insulted! :tongue:

Really though, I was hoping for something more outlandish than ENFP... maybe someone picking up on my xSTJ disgruntled postal worker shadow or insisting I'm ISFP cuz I like perty stuff.

But I'll make a case for my Fi-ness.

I only appear detached (if I even do; I hear "withdrawn" more than that), and I only attach to certain things to begin with. This is pretty standard Jungian Fi actually.

INFPs will have more influence of Te on their ego as well, IMO. I'm not talking about thought processes now so much as personality under stress. I'm more critical & exacting than most ENFPs when stressed, and more sensitive to criticism and being "managed". Te is more my opposing style than Si.

I mainly display Te as inferior (making rant-y, vitriolic lists) & as a back-up to Fi (learned form to support Fi premises). IRL, things like logistics & impersonal pro/con decision making hangs me up. I'm a lot less articulate in spontaneous speech too; organizing my thoughts is an introverted process, prob cuz Te strains my brain. Anything about me that's rational/reasonable & could be linked to type is being J-dom.

I DO have a problem with very detailed work. On my design job I make errors a lot & don't bother to proof read cuz I hate it. When I have to type/edit large amounts of text I zone out & get very grouchy, and then there's the errors again. I consider this a Si-fail. I also have a slight paranoia over it cuz I know it's a weak point (I may review other stuff too much to catch errors, inhibiting spontaneity, and then I keep adding info to clarify my points). I also have that "the present is a cage" attitude associated with Ne, where I crave change for it's own sake & can view obligations & commitments as suffocating.

I think a lot of people confuse Si with Fi & misinterpret INFP profiles because of it.... Fi is less sentimental, and possibly more willful in a passionate kind of way. You're probably comparing me to ISFJs & ISTJs in Fi-Si loops :coffee:

G

Ginkgo

[MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION]
you don't seem like an Sx dom to me. your energy is much more calm, low key and earthy; Sx doms put out a lot more raw energy and have a sort of fiery desperation to them. Sp/Sx would work well for you in my opinion
When you get out of bed in the morning, do you think, "I wonder how many times I can change my mind today? I would be able to guestimate if I didn't rewrite the recordings of my marvelous inner-monologues so often!"

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram

A qualified psychometrician (whatever that means) is still a flawed human being. And five qualified professionals might have different opinions. There is some merit to putting the work in to a practice in order to earn a qualification, but it doesn't mean that person will turn out more correct than the next. If they read the same enneagram books or JCF/MBTI books that [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] or anyone else read, it's just as likely that their opinions would have merit. Plus, when a person sees a therapist or goes to get an evaluation, they act different than how they would act in a social setting like this one. This way they're more easily observable.

But if you truly believe that a qualified professional is the only person whose opinion holds merit, why join this site at all, and why, especially, would you be on this thread?

If you participate in something, and then spit on the whole premise, and in the meantime insult the people who have accepted the premise (the general premise of this website being: we can learn more about typology by discussing it), that tells me you could be here for some other reason besides learning or talking about typology. Why are you here?

Too late, baby, I've got my boots on the ground.

Why? Do your boots control your head?

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
[MENTION=17911]Maybe[/MENTION], [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION], [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION] and any other ENFP 8s out there:

I've been exploring a pet theory that ENFP 8s are more balanced in the N/S dichotomy than their 4, 6 or 7 counterparts. Do you feel that to be true in your case? Or do you attribute your enneagram type to better developed Te? Or is it related to neither and more to do with something exogenous to type?

Te seems to permeate a lot of what I do, and I say that as someone who gets told that a lot vs someone who notices it within myself.

The N/S thing is really the hardest one for me to understand, and it is why I don't type people. I got my type from others that spent more time on it all than I ever did. I more understand it from a general feel of things vs having anything of hard evidence that allows me to differentiate the two positively.

I'm probably not a good person to ask about this. :/

I think if we reduce 8 down to:

scared of losing control over their own life and being harmed, ENFP works fine.

Okay, let me try this again, now that I've slept and mulled it over.

I think an example of my inferior Si occurred yesterday. I was on a skype call, and eating steak. I was eating it with my hands and licking my fingers and telling the person, "Mmm, I fucking love steak. So fucking good." I wasn't attempting to make a show, just, the steak was so good. He said to me, "You're like an animal.."

I would think this is what inferior Si could look like in a type 8. Very carnal, vulnerable to the sensory experience, indulgent, intense, and not subtle about expressing it in the slightest.

I'm curious, [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION], if you relate to that at all?

Again, I think this is an excellent topic that you brought up, and I'm probably gonna start a thread on it.

Edit: here's the thread
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61584&p=2051964&viewfull=1#post2051964

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haven't been active on this site for long but I suspect that @Viktor is either an ESFP or ESTP but I lean more towards the former, unless he is trolling hard. This is because of the clear cognitive extroverted bias and preference towards interpreting things in a literal and concrete manner which can be observed coupled with an intuition which seems to clearly be inferior due to its paranoid nature and the ego's attempt to constantly reject and demonize intuition. The paranoia would suggest inferior Ni rather than Ne, as Ne would be more about predicting catastrophic results.

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], what are your thoughts?

Mole

Permabanned
Haven't been active on this site for long but I suspect that @Viktor is either an ESFP or ESTP but I lean more towards the former, unless he is trolling hard. This is because of the clear cognitive extroverted bias and preference towards interpreting things in a literal and concrete manner which can be observed coupled with an intuition which seems to clearly be inferior due to its paranoid nature and the ego's attempt to constantly reject and demonize intuition. The paranoia would suggest inferior Ni rather than Ne, as Ne would be more about predicting catastrophic results.

Again with the personal insults!

This is character assassination. And this is character assassination in the guise of innocently typing my personality.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], what are your thoughts?

no, he's far to cryptic to be dominant Se

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've seen Victor called many things, but literal and concrete are not among them.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
[MENTION=14498]Cloud of Thunder[/MENTION]
similar to Gingko, you're much more subtle, subdued and calm. Sx dom 3s are dramatic, demand attention and behave almost like stage performers in their everyday life. I think you're Sp/Sx (you strike me as modest, realistic and grounded in reality)
At this point, they're probably more or less equal (Sp and Sx).

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And typing is a way to avoid spontaneous interaction, to keep others at a distance, to avoid intimacy, to treat others as things, and to exert your power.
Some of us are able to do all of these things without any recourse to typing at all.

G

Ginkgo

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

I'm not an sp first, Elfboy. How you think I'm "low-key", I'll never know. And even if I was, it means nothing in terms of the instinctual variants. Instincts are equivalent to one's personal unconscious; once you examine them, they literally cease to be. However, based off my recollection of past experiences, I tend to merge with my impressions of others almost uncontrollably. I've only recently cultivated it as more of a conscious process, since I can sustain it and express it more deliberately... more artfully as long as I keep the process in mind. If I got lazy about it, it would be an sx free-for-all.