• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
interesting, I was more interested in the behavioral reasons you typed as a 6 though, like, your experience with anxiety.

Examples:
- I strive to be financially independent so I don't ever have to worry about money
- I fear things going wrong in the future and expend a fair amount of energy preventing those things fron happening
- After an interaction with someone, I'm often second guessing what I did afterwards- did I handle things the right way ? It is probably why I'm less abrasive than a lot of INTJs
- I am a very loyal person
- My reaction to the fear is to confront it outright
- My career is focused on how companies can avoid risk

So, it fits

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Examples:
- I strive to be financially independent so I don't ever have to worry about money
- I fear things going wrong in the future and expend a fair amount of energy preventing those things fron happening
- After an interaction with someone, I'm often second guessing what I did afterwards- did I handle things the right way ? It is probably why I'm less abrasive than a lot of INTJs
- I am a very loyal person
- My reaction to the fear is to confront it outright
- My career is focused on how companies can avoid risk
So, it fits

I see, those are similar reasons to why I decided on wing 6 rather than wing 8.
people tend to paint 8s as strategic masterminds, but, for the most part, this is more of a 6w5/5w6 thing. 8s generally don't do a lot of thinking, at least not over and over again on the same subject like a head center type will. they're generally content to take action and don't have as much of a tendency to verify/double check and ask "what could go wrong?"

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh damn, do I still have 3w4 down? You're absolutely right that I'm more 2-and-3 than 3-and-4. I think for a long time 6's need for approval plus reactivity plus Fi made me think I was 4 somewhere, but the more I read about 4s, the more I understand that there is no 4 in me. I don't know if I'm a 2 primary over 3... I suppose it's possible, but I associate very much with 3's image issues, needing to be the best, needing to present a "pretty face" to the world, needing to be worthy of love. What would indicate 2w3 over 3w2? I definitely seek status "markers" like a 3, but I also am guilty of trying to get everyone to like me.
- you seem to care more about love, approval and acceptance than you do success
- I don't sense the conceitedness of a 3 fixer in you, particularly not a 3w4 fixer lol
- put simply, 3 is a success>people type. you are a people>success type of person and lack the deceit and single mindedness of a 3 fixer

As for instinct, I understand where you're coming from - I definitely am not as polarizing as some Sx's - but I am so very Sx-dom it is not funny (I mean it's really not, I've been suffering the pains of Sx-dominance all my life). The interesting thing is, I probably associate with Sx dominance more than any other personality trait I have ever discovered. It accurately describes SO much about me. You know your thread about the "two types of Sx doms"? It just manifests like the immersion type instead of the edgy type. I've been really interested in the instinct variants lately and I'm trying to find more information about Sx manifestation. I am very averse to abruptness in almost all situations, and I don't know if that's a facet of 6+9 or an aftereffect of So-secondary or just a personal quirk, but I think that takes a lot of the "edge" out of my Sx dominance. That, and being surrounded by Fe ALL THE TIME! :laugh:
I believe you

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
interesting, I was more interested in the behavioral reasons you typed as a 6 though, like, your experience with anxiety.

- you seem to care more about love, approval and acceptance than you do success
- I don't sense the conceitedness of a 3 fixer in you, particularly not a 3w4 fixer lol
- put simply, 3 is a success>people type. you are a people>success type of person and lack the deceit and single mindedness of a 3 fixer

I believe you

:thinking: You have a point. To me, love, acceptance, and approval are success. I have a hard time separating that out from 6 and sx, though, and the 3 in me is strong enough for me to once have thought I was a 3. I've never thought that of 2. Hm.

I love Fe

Me too! :) Hard to imagine anything more comforting and welcoming than Fe warmth.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I kinda feel like 6 is the type that gets thrown at people you can't figure out now

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:thinking: You have a point. To me, love, acceptance, and approval are success. I have a hard time separating that out from 6 and sx, though, and the 3 in me is strong enough for me to once have thought I was a 3. I've never thought that of 2. Hm.
that is ridiculously 2w3 :newwink:

Me too! :) Hard to imagine anything more comforting and welcoming than Fe warmth.
- EFJs make me want to vomit. I just can't handle that much emotion
- Fe in ETPs makes me want to slap them. they tend to use it either to manipulate you, weasel their way out of excepting responsibility or as a means of social put down.
- Fe in ITPs is kind of the opposite as Fe in EFJs, tending towards misanthropy and stressing the negative
- however I'm finding I often enjoy Fe in IFJs. it has less expectation to it and more "are you comfortable?" "is everything alright", with a sort of [MENTION=12223]Viridian[/MENTION]-esque quality to it. I tend to like IFJs for short period of time, but after awhile I prefer the company of someone who is more disagreeable and I am more comfortable in interactions that have some degree of disagreement

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

- EFJs make me want to vomit. I just can't handle that much emotion
- Fe in ETPs makes me want to slap them. they tend to use it either to manipulate you, weasel their way out of excepting responsibility or as a means of social put down.
- Fe in ITPs is kind of the opposite as Fe in EFJs, tending towards misanthropy and stressing the negative
- however I'm finding I often enjoy Fe in IFJs. it has less expectation to it and more "are you comfortable?" "is everything alright", with a sort of [MENTION=12223]Viridian[/MENTION]-esque quality to it. I tend to like IFJs for short period of time, but after awhile I prefer the company of someone who is more disagreeable and I am more comfortable in interactions that have some degree of disagreement

u no like me :( :( :(

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
u no like me :( :( :(

I like you in general, but I don't like your Fe. in fact, your Fe specially has bothered me in the past. it has a histrionic, reactive quality to it that I find off putting

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see, those are similar reasons to why I decided on wing 6 rather than wing 8.
people tend to paint 8s as strategic masterminds, but, for the most part, this is more of a 6w5/5w6 thing. 8s generally don't do a lot of thinking, at least not over and over again on the same subject like a head center type will. they're generally content to take action and don't have as much of a tendency to verify/double check and ask "what could go wrong?"
[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] made a comment that 8s don't collect and study typology books. It was enough to make me think about it. Funnily enough, the person who tested me is an enneagram 8.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
your Fe [...] has a histrionic, reactive quality to it that I find off putting

That's funny. IRL, Fi bothers me a lot more than Fe, actually. I can handle reactive, and I think Fi is often equally histrionic. Fi is so judgmental, and so cold sometimes.

:laugh:

what makes you think you're not a 4?

sorry that this is off-topic, but I've been trying to figure out my enneagram.

No problem, it's good for me to clarify. What I understand thus far is this: Enneagram 4 is characterized by a viewpoint of defining oneself in terms of one's difference. It is an Image Triad type because it deals with formation and presentation of identity - in this case, 4 has kind of a "negative space" relationship to identity, where they define themselves as what they are not. While there is truth to the viewpoint that "everyone is unique", and "I am an individual", 4 overfocuses on creating a separate identity for themselves, and as such launches into introspection, amplification of internal emotion, and focus on what is "missing" from their inner selves for them to be able to create a stable identity. The truth, of course, is that everyone already possesses a unique, stable identity, but 4 gets their sense of self from cultivating that uniqueness. Because I'm artistic and introspective, emotional and expressive, as well as sx-dominant (tendencies to immerse and yearn), I misidentified as a 4 for a little while. However, I don't possess much of the 4 desire to cultivate a self. I have a pretty strong perception that my "identity" is already established, and I can change it if I want, but I don't feel much need to actively define it. Also, as a core 6, I do a lot of focusing on similarities and how to bring people together, rather than difference and how to set myself apart. I don't feel much native sense of "difference" from the general population - not beyond acknowledging that I am necessarily unique, and I don't feel like something is missing from my identity. I associate more with the Enneagram 3 needs to be admired and worthwhile, and the Enneagram 2 needs to be needed and appreciated.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like you in general, but I don't like your Fe. in fact, your Fe specially has bothered me in the past. it has a histrionic, reactive quality to it that I find off putting

i is sorry =(

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's funny. IRL, Fi bothers me a lot more than Fe, actually. I can handle reactive, and I think Fi is often equally histrionic. Fi is so judgmental, and so cold sometimes.
it's true. that's an aspect of Fi users that isn't talked about much. people tend to attribute judgmental behavior to SJs, but, in my opinion, some of the most judgmental of all the types are actually NFPs. they have no problem condemning you as the scum of the earth if you cross their values, and, if you hold a differing set of values, they usually will not listen to you will generally regard you as evil, even if they usually don't say anything. Fe tends to judge more frequently, but the judgments are much more surface level. Fi judges the entirety of your existence and often does not care if this causes you to feel guilt or alienation.
I don't mind the coldness though, in fact I prefer it. people shouldn't expect me to be all emotional and open with them upon first meeting and when people are this way with me it usually bothers me and makes me think they're low class (spoken like a true 3w4 fixer I know lol)

No problem, it's good for me to clarify. What I understand thus far is this: Enneagram 4 is characterized by a viewpoint of defining oneself in terms of one's difference. It is an Image Triad type because it deals with formation and presentation of identity - in this case, 4 has kind of a "negative space" relationship to identity, where they define themselves as what they are not. While there is truth to the viewpoint that "everyone is unique", and "I am an individual", 4 overfocuses on creating a separate identity for themselves, and as such launches into introspection, amplification of internal emotion, and focus on what is "missing" from their inner selves for them to be able to create a stable identity. The truth, of course, is that everyone already possesses a unique, stable identity, but 4 gets their sense of self from cultivating that uniqueness. Because I'm artistic and introspective, emotional and expressive, as well as sx-dominant (tendencies to immerse and yearn), I misidentified as a 4 for a little while. However, I don't possess much of the 4 desire to cultivate a self. I have a pretty strong perception that my "identity" is already established, and I can change it if I want, but I don't feel much need to actively define it. Also, as a core 6, I do a lot of focusing on similarities and how to bring people together, rather than difference and how to set myself apart. I don't feel much native sense of "difference" from the general population - not beyond acknowledging that I am necessarily unique, and I don't feel like something is missing from my identity. I associate more with the Enneagram 3 needs to be admired and worthwhile, and the Enneagram 2 needs to be needed and appreciated.
well articulated

Nicki

Retired
Probably a lot of mistyped INxJs. Too much Ni-dom glorification on the Internet!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've decided that if I have a child, I'm going to have the child blessed by my family priest. I'm going to have the pastor pray that God will give him a long and healthy life, that he will be successful, and most of all: I will have him pray very diligently that the child doesn't wind up being an ESFJ.
Prefer this instead AA.
It's a curse.
I see you have changed your mind from a few months back - and I say that's good, since you can stay open-minded enough to transform your worldviews upon the shifting currents; your new opinion though is not one I would side with.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Prefer this instead AA.

I see you have changed your mind from a few months back - and I say that's good, since you can stay open-minded enough to transform your worldviews upon the shifting currents; your new opinion though is not one I would side with.

Well that comment of mine was sarcastic.