• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I took the liberty of creating plasma pudding just this morning. Would you like to be the first to try it?

:D

Only if you promise to feed me like they do little kids. "Choo choo! Here comes the train!"

That's what INFPs do. Right? Right?

:laugh:

A

Anew Leaf

Only if you promise to feed me like they do little kids. "Choo choo! Here comes the train!"

That's what INFPs do. Right? Right?

:laugh:

Oh god no. If children don't come equipped with the knowledge of how to feed themselves, then they better not wend their way out of my womb!

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Context/personal history is important. Functions are not viewpoints.

Yes that is very important..... but not viewpoints? Well they actually sort of are.... at least in part. Like, I wouldn't buy that someone is a healthy ESP if they consistently and willingly refuse to respond immediately to things because they think that the reality is worthless, or a healthy ENP who consistently and willingly refuses to keep things open because they think there could never be something better out there. I understand the mixup though, and I'd rather use more of a term like 'lenses' because 'viewpoints' could be mixed up for something like specific opinions/beliefs rather than general attitudes to the world. Being religious is one of those 'viewpoints' that doesn't have a thing to do with type in itself, but I do think that if someone has some has a certain philosophy towards the world that they chose, it has the potential to be one of many things that could give a clue to their type.

LunaLuminosity
ENFP 7w6 probably So/Sx

What, no one is going to argue about this one yet?

Yes, I'm totally shocked :tongue:

Let's start with the simpler one... what seems So about me rather than Sp?

I took the liberty of creating plasma pudding just this morning. Would you like to be the first to try it?

:D

Plasma Pudding :happy2:

You still accept ENZPs for the VIP section of the dessert buffet, right?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Yes that is very important..... but not viewpoints? Well they actually sort of are.... at least in part. Like, I wouldn't buy that someone is a healthy ESP if they consistently and willingly refuse to respond immediately to things because they think that the reality is worthless, or a healthy ENP who consistently and willingly refuses to keep things open because they think there could never be something better out there. I understand the mixup though, and I'd rather use more of a term like 'lenses' because 'viewpoints' could be mixed up for something like specific opinions/beliefs rather than general attitudes to the world. Being religious is one of those 'viewpoints' that doesn't have a thing to do with type in itself, but I do think that if someone has some has a certain philosophy towards the world that they chose, it has the potential to be one of many things that could give a clue to their type.

Yes, but those are more generalized examples, rather than something specific like creed or lack thereof. :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What, no one is going to argue about this one yet?

Yes, I'm totally shocked :tongue:

Let's start with the simpler one... what seems So about me rather than Sp?

Plasma Pudding :happy2:

You still accept ENZPs for the VIP section of the dessert buffet, right?

I'm not really sure, just a guess :yes:

A

A window to the soul

[MENTION=13954]Spurgeon[/MENTION]: Have you ever typed as anything other than ENTP?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I see Fe from you, rather than Fi. IxFJ is my guess. :)

Thanks! Looks like the forum is leaning towards Fe-aux for me lately.

For the sake of clarification, though, the question I mentioned is "Why do most people here type me as ISFJ or INFP but seldom as INFJ, which would combine traits from both these types?". I simply found it peculiar, that's all. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks! Looks like the forum is leaning towards Fe-aux for me lately.

For the sake of clarification, though, the question I mentioned is "Why do most people here type me as ISFJ or INFP but seldom as INFJ, which would combine traits from both these types?". I simply found it peculiar, that's all. :)

- you seem more like an Ne/Si user than an Ni/Se user
- you're informing, not directing at all
- 9w1s are more likely INFP or ISFJ than INFJ (though this is only a correlation)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Hey, thanks for replying! :)

- you seem more like an Ne/Si user than an Ni/Se user

Emphasis on Ne or on Si? Or both?

- you're informing, not directing at all

Ah, I did think Interaction Styles were part of the reason. And I agree with you. :yes:

- 9w1s are more likely INFP or ISFJ than INFJ (though this is only a correlation)

True, although there are quite a few examples here on the forum - Lightyear, Lux, Inverness, Apollanaut...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey, thanks for replying! :)
Emphasis on Ne or on Si? Or both?
both

Ah, I did think Interaction Styles were part of the reason. And I agree with you. :yes:
INFJs seem much more agenda driven than you. there is more of an intensity about them. your vibe is much more mellow "I'm open to anything" like an INFP

true, although there are quite a few examples here on the forum - Lightyear, Lux, Inverness, Apollanaut...
true

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
INFJs seem much more agenda driven than you. there is more of an intensity about them. your vibe is much more mellow "I'm open to anything" like an INFP

Ha. It's funny that you say that, considering how OCD-ish and "cloistered" I am IRL. :laugh:

I can assure you, though, I do not have an agenda. That would require me to know what the hell I'm doing. :biggrin:

It's also ironic how you used Interaction Styles to explain the situation, since, as an ENFP, you would be an "informing" type, despite often talking about how direct and sometimes bossy you are. No offense, I just found it peculiar. ;)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha. It's funny that you say that, considering how OCD-ish and "cloistered" I am IRL. :laugh:
I can assure you, though, I do not have an agenda. That would require me to know what the hell I'm doing. :biggrin:
It's also ironic how you used Interaction Styles to explain the situation, since, as an ENFP, you would be an "informing" type, despite often talking about how direct and sometimes bossy you are. No offense, I just found it peculiar. ;)

I'm direct, but not bossy. my communication style is more cooperative and suggestive

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah, sorry, my mistake. :blush:

it's an easy mistake to make. the only time I'm really bossy is when people are being bossy with me. then I turn into "treat me like an equal goddamn it!" I try to communicate with everyone on an equal playing field in terms of dominance, so this means being a pushy bitch when needed, but gentle as a lamb when the other party is something more sweet and docile like an ISFJ 9w1

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
[MENTION=13954]Spurgeon[/MENTION]: Have you ever typed as anything other than ENTP?

I've typed as INTP, ENFP, and INFP.

Actually, I think I may be INTP.

I know you have very little to go on at this point, but what do you think?

Last edited:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=12223]Viridian[/MENTION] - you are so Introvert/Shy Fe, it annoys the shit out of me. I almost don't believe it's genuine.