• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hmm if that is an indicator for ep, i am no ep. cause i have discovered the pleasure to wait for a response in the right moment to cause max damage :D

Because responding in a way to get the most effect totally doesn't count, right? :D

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay boys and girls.. what do you think my E-type is... 5w4 or 4w5, or something else? And what's your rationale behind it? Just curious. :)

A

Anew Leaf

No one said a 4 is at that extreme either. I said to look at other 4w5s precisely because most around these parts are not "woe is me" emo drama queens.

But the type is certainly not defined by a bubbly, upbeat attitude either, whether average or healthy. The healthy 4 is gracious and empathetic, sure, but still a far cry from an effervescent, hyper-positive demeanor. With a 5 wing, that is especially ludicrous. The 5 wing makes the 4 distant.

If people within types can very soooo much that they defy the very definitions of their supposed type, then what is the point of types & defining them to begin with?

That is rhetorical, BTW. And this post is not about anyone's type, but just pointing out that the "everyone is different" argument is ludicrous when talking about types. Types are about classifying people according to shared, defining personality traits.

OH MY GOD A FOUR WING FIVE IS LAUGHING AND NOT TAKING THE WORLD 100% SERIOUS FACE. THIS IS THE 4TH HORSEMAN OF THE APOCALYPSE!!!! SOUND ZE ALARM!!! FOUR WING FIVES AREN'T BUBBLY!!!! HOLY CRACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG MAGENTA FONT COLOR NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, if you had bothered to read my response earlier this this thread, my bubbly tendency is explained. But for old times sake I'll make it clearer. I have discovered what in the world is truly worth it to be serious about, and guess what, internet forums didn't make the cut.

So if the qualifications for being a 4w5 mean that I need to be boring and write long, serious posts about matters that don't deserve that much attention... then, count me out.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Okay boys and girls.. what do you think my E-type is... 5w4 or 4w5, or something else? And what's your rationale behind it? Just curious. :)

Well, considering the way you describe your state of mind in a detailed, tender and sometimes almost hyperbolic fashion, I'd say 4w5 is a pretty good bet. :yes:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, considering the way you describe your state of mind in a detailed, tender and sometimes almost hyperbolic fashion, I'd say 4w5 is a pretty good bet. :yes:

Sometimes hyperbolic fashion... yeah... definitely indication that it's more in tune with feelings...
Yeah, I was thinking that since I am cerebral and scientific that I would be more 5w4. But it is true that sometimes 4s with heavy 5-wings can mistake themselves for type 5.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
no, if there was no style, there was no victory :D

of course not :cool:

Ha. Yes. He gives the perpetually wishy-washy a bad name! :)

Yes, and it's even worse than "perpetually wishy-washy"!

:) Maybe that's a way we can determine between EP and IP?

I noticed that with Oberon -- we were close friends IRL, and I seemed very capable and even inclined to just withdraw and stop talking when I decided the conversation wouldn't improve, whereas he couldn't seem to ever stop regardless. If it was there, he had to poke at it. :)

This is my experience as well, but again, only if it is something very pokeable. ;) I have a tendency to just vanish when it isn't.

No one said a 4 is at that extreme either. I said to look at other 4w5s precisely because most around these parts are not "woe is me" emo drama queens.

But the type is certainly not defined by a bubbly, upbeat attitude either, whether average or healthy. The healthy 4 is gracious and empathetic, sure, but still a far cry from an effervescent, hyper-positive demeanor. With a 5 wing, that is especially ludicrous. The 5 wing makes the 4 distant.

If people within types can very soooo much that they defy the very definitions of their supposed type, then what is the point of types & defining them to begin with?

That is rhetorical, BTW. And this post is not about anyone's type, but just pointing out that the "everyone is different" argument is ludicrous when talking about types. Types are about classifying people according to shared, defining personality traits.

The question remains of whether the 4w5 is defined as NOT having a bubbly demeanor. Are the enneatypes about classifying people according to shared demeanors as a defining thing? Maybe if the bubbliness is very much a core essence to themselves than it would affect enneatype, but anyone can have spurts of enthusiasm without being a type 7 (or 9 or whatever). The enneagram to my understanding is mainly defining by things that are deep deep down.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OH MY GOD A FOUR WING FIVE IS LAUGHING AND NOT TAKING THE WORLD 100% SERIOUS FACE. THIS IS THE 4TH HORSEMAN OF THE APOCALYPSE!!!! SOUND ZE ALARM!!! FOUR WING FIVES AREN'T BUBBLY!!!! HOLY CRACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG MAGENTA FONT COLOR NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, if you had bothered to read my response earlier this this thread, my bubbly tendency is explained. But for old times sake I'll make it clearer. I have discovered what in the world is truly worth it to be serious about, and guess what, internet forums didn't make the cut.

So if the qualifications for being a 4w5 mean that I need to be boring and write long, serious posts about matters that don't deserve that much attention... then, count me out.

This isn't about you.

The question remains of whether the 4w5 is defined as NOT having a bubbly demeanor. Are the enneatypes about classifying people according to shared demeanors as a defining thing? Maybe if the bubbliness is very much a core essence to themselves than it would affect enneatype, but anyone can have spurts of enthusiasm without being a type 7 (or 9 or whatever). The enneagram to my understanding is mainly defining by things that are deep deep down.

The "deep down" motivations are supposed to be what (partially) lead to the visible personality. If it had no effect on the visible personality, then it wouldn't be a personality typology.

I don't think all or even most people are good at identifying their deep down motivations anyway. That's why type profiles include a lot of indicators in the visible personality for identifying them.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm leaning 5w4, but only slightly. you definitely have a strong wing whether you're a 4w5 or 5w4

A

Anew Leaf

This isn't about you.

The "deep down" motivations are supposed to be what (partially) lead to the visible personality. If it had no effect on the visible personality, then it wouldn't be a personality typology.

I don't think all or even most people are good at identifying their deep down motivations anyway. That's why type profiles include a lot of indicators in the visible personality for identifying them.

So... your posts talking about me, and your post responding to a post talking about me are just coincidence?

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm leaning 5w4, but only slightly. you definitely have a strong wing whether you're a 4w5 or 5w4

Hanging in the balance then. ;) It's like being a sort of 5w4 4w5 hybrid.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hanging in the balance then. ;) It's like being a sort of 5w4 4w5 hybrid.

I feel the same with 7w8. I'm actually more 8 than 7, but more naturally like a 7 than an 8 :yes:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So... your posts talking about me, and your post responding to a post talking about me are just coincidence?

After the initial post, I have been discussing typing people in general, not you. One discussion spurred another. So not a coincidence, but a change in subject, where the new subject is people in general, not you.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
MBTI NFs are passive aggressive, whiny and pragmatically incompetent.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, the general consensus is that I am what I suspected IxTJ favoring ISTJ a bit. I could use some help figuring out my E-type. The test I took gave me the top three matches and wings and based on my answers I was given 1w9, 8w7, 5w6. Each of these results matches me pretty well in many regards and not at all in a couple areas. I don't know much about Enneagram yet so what do you think? Also, I test almost even between sx, sp, so with a very slight sx/so predominance. If you want to help feel free to ask questions to help nail down your 'diagnosis'.

If this is the wrong thread please redirect or move my post. Thanks

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Okay, the general consensus is that I am what I suspected IxTJ favoring ISTJ a bit. I could use some help figuring out my E-type. The test I took gave me the top three matches and wings and based on my answers I was given 1w9, 8w7, 5w6. Each of these results matches me pretty well in many regards and not at all in a couple areas. I don't know much about Enneagram yet so what do you think? Also, I test almost even between sx, sp, so with a very slight sx/so predominance. If you want to help feel free to ask questions to help nail down your 'diagnosis'.

If this is the wrong thread please redirect or move my post. Thanks

I'll add another vote for ISTJ to the pot. That description seems congruent with what I've observed.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about enneagram to help you with what you're asking here. :p

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll add another vote for ISTJ to the pot. That description seems congruent with what I've observed.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about enneagram to help you with what your asking here. :p

Thanks, Neither do I. Cool avatar.