• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a little more Fi than Fe and a little more Ti than Te. For what it's worth, I've been struggling for years whether I'm a 4w5, a 5w4, or recently a 1w9.

Interesting mix! INTJ's main feeling function is Fi, whereas INFJs it's Fe. But it isn't uncommon for some INFJs to have well-developed Fi and Ti, and they may appear like INTJs, or INFPs/ INTPs. What order would you place your Fe, Fi, Ti, Te functions in?

And 4w5 and 5w4 are similar in ways, but quite different in others. 4w5 is more emotionally centered and 5w4 is more cerebral centered. 1w9 might be indicative of type 4 integration into type 1 traits, becoming more self-disciplined and taking action to realize your dreams, if you are indeed a 4w5. It may be likely your tritype is 4-5-1 too.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm certain that 4-5-1, not necessarily in that order, is my tritype. As for the functions, I consider myself a frustrated idealist so I'd say that I juggle with Fi and Te the most.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm certain that 4-5-1, not necessarily in that order, is my tritype. As for the functions, I consider myself a frustrated idealist so I'd say that I juggle with Fi and Te the most.

How strong is your Te? And how strong is your Ne, by the way, as well as Si? :)

G

Glycerine

Maybe [MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] isn't like the many disenchanted INFP 4s? lol All 4's don't necessarily have to be the "f*** the world" variety. :laugh:

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
What do you mean?

Well, a lot of forum INFJs seem to like to splatter long, meandering walls of text everywhere discussing the meaning of human emotion or society or ethics or whatever. Which I haven't seen you do yet, so who knows.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yes. conflict expends a great deal of effort and energy and so the majority of the time i only engage in it when i feel like i have a cause to fight. other times it's simply that i am crabby and feeling very Te-ish :laugh:.

Interesting how people always associate Te with being crabby/angry. When I'm in Te mode, it seems very positive and constructive to me. When I'm in a bad mood, I get a little more Se. If I'm really really in a fucked up state, then a warped version of Fi creeps in. I almost never experience any Si, no matter what mood I'm in.
Fe is kind of "the daily grind" drudgery. It's like washing dishes. Don't like to do it, but you have to do it. Has nothing to do with mood.
Ne I'm still trying to figure out what that's all about and how it's different from Ni.
I relish in my Ni, though. But I only get to enjoy that when I'm introverting. It's a whole different kind of pleasure that only comes to me when others aren't around. Kind of like masturbating. Maybe that's why Ni-doms seem asexual at times.

***just kidding pls don't ban me*** :peepwall:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Well, a lot of forum INFJs seem to like to splatter long, meandering walls of text everywhere discussing the meaning of human emotion or society or ethics or whatever. Which I haven't seen you do yet, so who knows.

Yeah, I'm not much of a soapbox person... Though I can be a tad longwinded. ;)

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Honestly, none of those is strong within me. I prefer their respective opposites.

Okay, so this rules out INFP as a possibility. So we're still at the possibility of INTJ for you, as well as INFJ. Which description do you find is more accurate for you?

KDude

Fe is kind of "the daily grind" drudgery. It's like washing dishes.

That sounds like more like "not Fe"? Fe seems pretty intense at times. Whether it's the stereotypical ESFJ grandma squeezing everyone's cheeks and "getting them involved" or some burlesque ENFJ drag queen (not that ENFJs are drag queens... ).

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
On second thought, I'm going to say I prefer Fe slightly, mainly because I can read people and can put myself in people's shoes very well. The way I see it, these skills help me to be a better dictator.:devil:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] ees 4w5 INFP. Perhaps ENFP, but not a 9. I remember this thread she opened. Not that is impossible for a 9 to get tough like that but would be pretty uncharacteristic. :laugh:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/bonfire/48611-forum-etiquette.html
I would elaborate more, but Enneagram 9 sounds so obviously wrong that it is actually unstimulating. :mellow:

A

Anew Leaf

I think a lot of INFPs are actually closeted 7s. :yes:
[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] just doesn't have all the drama and negativity that go along with being a 4. there's a much stronger desire to be positive and harmonious than I've seen in any 4s. Sx 4s are volatile and emotional as hell. Saturned seems much more poised/optimistic

I agree with this....4w5 just seems unlikely. Look at other 4w5s on this forum (yes, me included) and you won't see such a bubbly, bouncy style.
The upbeat INFPs are more often 9s, as they seek to repress anger & bad feelings. I could also see an upbeat INFP being 7w6 if they appear ENFPish at times, and such a person could confuse themselves as a 4 for many reasons.

Or here is the actual truth:

The past year and a half of my life has completely sucked. I had to deal with my mom dying (as in the process) and then dying (as in finality). My dad immediately remarrying and selling the family home and moving into the family home of his new wife. I also am 33 years old, and as such I feel I am too old to being truly emo anymore.

(If being a 4w5 means I am supposed to be emo and melodramatic and oh i should pick fights with idiots on an internet forum - then please count me out and consider me the Eggplant Etype because no thanks.)

I have actually had bad things occur in my life (on this magnitude, nothing else has come close) and I am making the CHOICE to make them a growing experience and turning this horrible past 1.5 years of my life into something that yields positive results.

So if you think I am repressing anger and bad feelings on here - fuck yes I am. But the reason is not that I am afraid of these feelings it's because, why would anyone on here want to listen to me cry about how I miss my mom? Or how angry I have been that my dad's family has seemed to instantly forget about my mom? It's pointless! So why waste the energy doing it? Therefore I don't and instead I use my time here to be pleasant, and hopefully make someone else' day better if I can't always make my own day better. (Which usually has the effect that my day is brightened by me helping someone else.)

If you still wish to label me as a 9w1 then feel free to do so but I know myself far better than anyone on here will ever know me and I can type myself just fine on my own.

Maybe [MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] isn't like the many disenchanted INFP 4s? lol All 4's don't necessarily have to be the "f*** the world" variety. :laugh:

And [MENTION=5109]Glycerine[/MENTION] wins the thread with a non-you-must-fit-into-this-rigid-category-I-once-read-about response.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] : I don't how anyone could see you in any other light than an ISTJ's.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any of you think I am mistyped? Not that your opinions will change mine but I am very interested to read them nonetheless.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Any of you think I am mistyped? Not that your opinions will change mine but I am very interested to read them nonetheless.

You, good sir, are certainly an ISTJ.

Anyone think that I mistyped myself, and should turn in my INTJ card?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Or here is the actual truth:

The past year and a half of my life has completely sucked. I had to deal with my mom dying (as in the process) and then dying (as in finality). My dad immediately remarrying and selling the family home and moving into the family home of his new wife. I also am 33 years old, and as such I feel I am too old to being truly emo anymore.

(If being a 4w5 means I am supposed to be emo and melodramatic and oh i should pick fights with idiots on an internet forum - then please count me out and consider me the Eggplant Etype because no thanks.)

I have actually had bad things occur in my life (on this magnitude, nothing else has come close) and I am making the CHOICE to make them a growing experience and turning this horrible past 1.5 years of my life into something that yields positive results.

So if you think I am repressing anger and bad feelings on here - fuck yes I am. But the reason is not that I am afraid of these feelings it's because, why would anyone on here want to listen to me cry about how I miss my mom? Or how angry I have been that my dad's family has seemed to instantly forget about my mom? It's pointless! So why waste the energy doing it? Therefore I don't and instead I use my time here to be pleasant, and hopefully make someone else' day better if I can't always make my own day better. (Which usually has the effect that my day is brightened by me helping someone else.)

If you still wish to label me as a 9w1 then feel free to do so but I know myself far better than anyone on here will ever know me and I can type myself just fine on my own.

And [MENTION=5109]Glycerine[/MENTION] wins the thread with a non-you-must-fit-into-this-rigid-category-I-once-read-about response.

this still all sounds like a 9 to me. 4s are melodramatic even when they know no one cares. this is all a guess of course