• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think they are a myth perpetuated by chinese propaganda.

They are not a myth. I discovered them in rooms in houses together. Large quantities of them. One INTP doesn't seem like an INTP. The more they multiply the more INTP they become. They can only exist in groups together.

A

Anew Leaf

They are not a myth. I discovered them in rooms in houses together. Large quantities of them. One INTP doesn't seem like an INTP. The more they multiply the more INTP they become. They can only exist in groups together.

intriguing. like a hive but without the hive mind?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
intriguing. like a hive but without the hive mind?

That's what they want you to think. With one or two INTP's they start to go on interesting tangents so that you have the impression that they are unique, quirky, and knowledgeable in a lot of areas, but as more INTP's are added to the group, you hear fewer words of wisdom- fewer and fewer words in general, until the room starts to buzz and you just hear.. "bzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzz" as you would in a beehive. You are left with a residual illusion that they are each their own person.

A

Anew Leaf

That's what they want you to think. With one or two INTP's they start to go on interesting tangents so that you have the impression that they are unique, quirky, and knowledgeable in a lot of areas, but as more INTP's are added to the group, you hear fewer words of wisdom- fewer and fewer words in general, until the room starts to buzz and you just hear.. "bzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzz" as you would in a beehive. You are left with a residual illusion that they are each their own person.

this can partially explain the attraction i sometimes feel towards them.

what can be scary is when you add an ENTP or two or three to the mix... they encourage the non-indoor-voice likeness of the INTPs to emergy like frightened butterflies from the cocoons until the entire world is reeling from their combined TI + NE + NE + TI into a mutant version of Voltron.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this can partially explain the attraction i sometimes feel towards them.

what can be scary is when you add an ENTP or two or three to the mix... they encourage the non-indoor-voice likeness of the INTPs to emergy like frightened butterflies from the cocoons until the entire world is reeling from their combined TI + NE + NE + TI into a mutant version of Voltron.

Yep, this is how strange new religions get started too.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
>Search Thread
>"Patches"
>Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

...Shocked.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ugh, [MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION]is SUCH an ENTP. :rolleyes:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Opposite. 9s can sometimes feel they're 5s. Educated/intelligent 9s think they're 5s because they have grand ideas but focus is completely different. Here's a decent link, though the source is unknown, however I think it's from the members only section of enneagraminsitute.com

This is what made me think 9 in the first place, I relate more to the 9 side than the 5, but after looking at 5 in depth, it fits better. Sometimes I act like a complete 9, other times I'm more 5. They do say, it's not the traits that matter, it's the motivations beneath or maybe it's that tritype stuff coming into play, making everything messy.

This too: "you are not a special snowflake, it's most likely that you're either 3, 6 or 9".

The only thing I'm getting from that link is "9s are dummies lolol."

I'm not a dummy. :cry:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only thing I'm getting from that link is "9s are dummies lolol."

I'm not a dummy. :cry:

You may think that is a deep thought, but it is assuredly not. Now stare at your avatar till the bad feeling goes away.

You may think that is a deep thought, but it is assuredly not. Now stare at your avatar till the bad feeling goes away.

I'm looking at it ... and imagining the stems winding their way around your sorry throat and starting to squeeze.

You're right, the bad feeling is going away. You, Mr. 5, are SMRT.

:cry:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION] doesn't seem like an ISTJ (I know the type very well), but she could just be an anomaly. How un-SJ of her!

G

Glycerine

I love how the excerpt is saying that the 5's are the most intelligent.... :rofl1: :doh: One could be dumb as a rock and still be a 5. Case in point, me! :happy2: I would think 5ness would typically predispose one to be more intellectual on average but intellectual =/=intelligent.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I love how the excerpt is saying that the 5's are the most intelligent.... :rofl1: :doh: One could be dumb as a rock and still be a 5. Case in point, me! :happy2: I would think 5ness would typically predispose one to be more intellectual on average but intellectual =/=intelligent.

There is no force on earth that will convince me the Time Cube guy is not a Five. ;)

G

Glycerine

I would reckon that a large chunk of crackpot theorists are 5s. lol

On that note, I saw a video interview with Jeffrey Dahmer and he seemed very 5ish.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Glycerine gives me an ESFP vibe. Don't ask me why.