• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Lark

Lol. That response makes no sense.

I can't think of a more diplomatic post when it comes to "typing" someone. Whether you agreed with the content or not, it deserves better than being a smartass. Can't you at least tell that Jennifer took the time to be careful with her analysis? What the hell am I missing here that you would go straight to an attack?

You believe I was being a smartass, that Jennifer's post was a careful analysis and that I went straight to an attack. Well thanks for your opinion and attributions, although if you want to open a dialogue you should try better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-psychological-projection.htm

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_transference_and_projection

There. Go read. Presume less.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think young ESTJs trying things out can be quite ESTP-like, and enneagram would have an influence as well.

Agreed. Although young ESTJs who try things out have a different feel to them than ESTPs, ime. It's like they want to try out things but they have this undercurrent of doing it to fuel their need to stabilize.

+1

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I bet I'm not the only one who thinks you're projecting in this post.

And not for the first time.

Although thanks for playing and have a safe drive home. ;)

In in turn you should consider my response. :)

You believe I was being a smartass, that Jennifer's post was a careful analysis and that I went straight to an attack.

Wish i was a mod so i could infract your discriminating, condescending ass.
*growls*

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My dad is ISTJ and my mom ESFJ and my Fe and te are bad, te not as much.

hmm...well i'm sure it's not always the case but maybe being an enfp and it being super important to me to relate to them growing up it just sort of worked that way...no clue.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do see a lot of Fi-style "feeling" driving/undergirding your conclusions, though. You seem to value or loathe certain things broadly, without nuance, simply because you do; and these play a large role in informing your conclusions.

Is it my turn, Jennifer? I'd like to have your impressions about me on MBTI, Enneatype, and Instinctuals.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION]

For the record, you vibe to me as exceedingly Fi. Even ISFP with strong Ni wouldn't be farfetched.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is it my turn, Jennifer? I'd like to have your impressions about me on MBTI, Enneatype, and Instinctuals.

I appreciate you asking; but I honestly don't have much to say, your posted read has always been in the ballpark, and I don't have a lot of time right now to scrutinize someone's posts to make a detailed read... unless of course you are going to pay me. :devil:

Lark

[MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION]

For the record, you vibe to me as exceedingly Fi. Even ISFP with strong Ni wouldn't be farfetched.

I knew there was someone who suggested that, you must have posted this before. Anyway, I dont think so.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I appreciate you asking; but I honestly don't have much to say, your posted read has always been in the ballpark, and I don't have a lot of time right now to scrutinize someone's posts to make a detailed read... unless of course you are going to pay me. :devil:

Awww, and you did such a good job with Lark. And from what I've read, it doesn't sound like you need more money.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There. Go read. Presume less.

Well, if you want to be fair and honest about this, I don't think you have a lot of room to ask other people to invest more in understanding your POV, as when people do engage your posts and provide something you could respond to, you don't invest at all yourself... at best, you just toss in an ad hominen or some other insinuation that doesn't address the comments raised.

Case in point here (but it's pretty typical from what I've seen): You didn't answer anything I said or give me contrasting info to change my mind, and note that I have a good rep for looking at new information; you simply told me I was "projecting" and that I should go home and didn't invest an ounce of energy since.

I think people can draw their own conclusions from that.

Awww, and you did such a good job with Lark. And from what I've read, it doesn't sound like you need more money.

Ha, actually I'm very much in debt and could use any money I could get, if I have to be serious a moment. But hey, those details are a different topic altogether. :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha, actually I'm very much in debt and could use any money I could get, if I have to be serious a moment. But hey, those details are a different topic altogether. :)

We're all in debt, it's a matter of how much money we have left over to live on after paying bills.

Ok, then how good is your discernment of Instinctuals? A lot of forum members questioned me when I decided to go with Sx/Sp.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I knew there was someone who suggested that, you must have posted this before. Anyway, I dont think so.

Wasn't me. This is the first time I'm commenting on your (mis?)type.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, then how good is your discernment of Instinctuals? A lot of forum members questioned me when I decided to go with Sx/Sp.

It depends on the person. My type reads are actually more "big picture" vibes, rather than details; I'm holistic in my approach, we're more than the sum of our parts. I honestly don't have any vibe about you, or I'd tell you.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It depends on the person. My type reads are actually more "big picture" vibes, rather than details; I'm holistic in my approach, we're more than the sum of our parts. I honestly don't have any vibe about you, or I'd tell you.

That's where we differ in methodology. I'm a little of both "big picture" and "details." It's like two perspectives in my head that can speak with one another, and double-check the other, to get closer to the truth.

But I appreciate the fact that you didn't simply blurt out an answer to my question.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I think I agree, I'd see him as ESTJ. I think young ESTJs trying things out can be quite ESTP-like, and enneagram would have an influence as well.

He's not a forum member though. :D

TJs in general who are 8w7s can look like ESTPs when they're younger, I've even known 2 INTJ 8w7s who looked like ESTPs

Usehername

On a mission
[MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION], can you explain why you're not embarrassed by your interactions in this thread? Because it's full of angst-based self-centredness and a lack of an awareness of how others are reading your persona. And when people call you out on it, when they have to stoop to being explicit about something collectively understood, well, that's kind of embarrassing. Or at least you'd think it would be.

Why not just humbly and respectfully engage in a dialogue instead of acting like a preteen? You're capable of doing so. You just are not choosing to do so.

Lark

[MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION], can you explain why you're not embarrassed by your interactions in this thread? Because it's full of angst-based self-centredness and a lack of an awareness of how others are reading your persona. And when people call you out on it, when they have to stoop to being explicit about something collectively understood, well, that's kind of embarrassing. Or at least you'd think it would be.

Why not just humbly and respectfully engage in a dialogue instead of acting like a preteen? You're capable of doing so. You just are not choosing to do so.

Because I really and truly do not see it as you put it as "acting like a preteen", I see A LOT of emoting, and as I have explicitly stated, projecting going on in this thread, IT IS the usual suspects getting their hate on, and I really do feel that A LOT of it is transfered from other threads, other topics.

Now I could get into a whole match of disputing it all, would it be worthwhile for anyone? I doubt it, would it be interesting, amusing, diverting even if it couldnt be fruitful? I doubt that too.

Why do I think its a case of emoting and projecting? Well, the various posts aimed at me are presumptious and loaded to begin with, I'll just use the example of your own, you've already attributed a quite negative disposition to myself, that of a preteen, and suggested that I behave respectfully and humbly instead, which itself suggests that I've been anything but, now I could begin to prefigure my posts with "respectfully, I believe you are projecting" but it means the same thing and I suspect would provoke the same response.

There's another reason I dont believe that disputing it would be to any end or any use, its to do with the basic forum dynamics, I dont want to profile myself because when that happens you become the next member to be run out of town by a clich of like minded or like feeling individuals.

I dont fancy that because there's enough people here that I enjoy interacting with to make visiting worthwhile, their contributions have been great, including considered and thoughtful feedback about feeling traits, career paths and the like. Even the completely odd and contrary posts, like the you're an isfp post, add something to things, posting something which boils down to "my friends and I believe your a jerk" is a different story.

Usehername

On a mission
Because I really and truly do not see it as you put it as "acting like a preteen", I see A LOT of emoting, and as I have explicitly stated, projecting going on in this thread, IT IS the usual suspects getting their hate on, and I really do feel that A LOT of it is transfered from other threads, other topics.

Now I could get into a whole match of disputing it all, would it be worthwhile for anyone? I doubt it, would it be interesting, amusing, diverting even if it couldnt be fruitful? I doubt that too.

Why do I think its a case of emoting and projecting? Well, the various posts aimed at me are presumptious and loaded to begin with, I'll just use the example of your own, you've already attributed a quite negative disposition to myself, that of a preteen, and suggested that I behave respectfully and humbly instead, which itself suggests that I've been anything but, now I could begin to prefigure my posts with "respectfully, I believe you are projecting" but it means the same thing and I suspect would provoke the same response.

There's another reason I dont believe that disputing it would be to any end or any use, its to do with the basic forum dynamics, I dont want to profile myself because when that happens you become the next member to be run out of town by a clich of like minded or like feeling individuals.

I dont fancy that because there's enough people here that I enjoy interacting with to make visiting worthwhile, their contributions have been great, including considered and thoughtful feedback about feeling traits, career paths and the like. Even the completely odd and contrary posts, like the you're an isfp post, add something to things, posting something which boils down to "my friends and I believe your a jerk" is a different story.

OK.

Thought experiment: what would the conversation look like if you were the one who happened to be wrong? How might people engage in a dialogue with you? Because your "presumptuous" is another person's "Dude I've been quietly staying away from sharing my uninvited opinions until Lark posted in the thread and brought it up and I'm pretty sure it's collectively understood and we were just being polite."