• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you knew me you may reconsider that statement.

Well, I've read your posts and opinions, and alot of them seem incongruent with entj. Your career-choice also does not say to me, "entj".

He has Te filtering for sure. Not Ti.

What do you suggest?

Beats me. I just find him to be an odd entj. I couldn't tell you if he truly is or isn't. His writings, opinions, actions, and career-choice all point to other. I had guessed enfj.

Lark

Well, I've read your posts and opinions, and alot of them seem incongruent with entj. Your career-choice also does not say to me, "entj".

Ha! You're not the first one to say that, who do you imagine would make a good social workers from tall the types and why? I believe that the lack of serious ENTJs in this sort of line of work has been a complete curse, I'm not sure what you consider incongruent about my posts, I remember someone saying they seemed enfp.

I dont know about that but I know from many different sources that what I've read about entj functions that they are what I feel most comfortable or at ease with.

The thing about typology is you need to consider how someone can be true to type without being a stereotype.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha! You're not the first one to say that, who do you imagine would make a good social workers from tall the types and why? I believe that the lack of serious ENTJs in this sort of line of work has been a complete curse, I'm not sure what you consider incongruent about my posts, I remember someone saying they seemed enfp.

I dont know about that but I know from many different sources that what I've read about entj functions that they are what I feel most comfortable or at ease with.

The thing about typology is you need to consider how someone can be true to type without being a stereotype.

Yea, I'm thinking about it.....
It could also be a difference in geographical location, but I doubt it. I still think you are ENFJ. :D

Lark

Yea, I'm thinking about it.....
It could also be a difference in geographical location.

There's culture and a lot of things influence type besides simply type but the idea that I've encoutnered before that all ENTJs are bank and business executives and anyone who isnt cant quite be an ENTJ is a little illogical when you think about it.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's culture and a lot of things influence type besides simply type but the idea that I've encoutnered before that all ENTJs are bank and business executives and anyone who isnt cant quite be an ENTJ is a little illogical when you think about it.

Nah, I don't think that. It seems to me they are driven to play different roles from social worker. Maybe it's your enneagram type, but seeing as you don't tell that, it's hard for me to understand.

Lark

Nah, I don't think that. It seems to me they are driven to play different roles from social worker. Maybe it's your enneagram type, but seeing as you don't tell that, it's hard for me to understand.

I dont remember my enneagram, I've always prefered MBTI myself. What do you imagine social work entails? A lot of the time it is planning or framing and reframing discussions as part of an assessment, I cant imagine anything other than TJ functions being the most useful in that instance.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personally I don't think career choice is a very good indicator. (Perhaps [MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION] is an ENTJ with well developed Fe - actually that's pretty much what I would think. Plus he is Irish and they are just different, in a cool way. :D )

Many people will go for something "appropriate" for their chosen type, but I think there would be so many exceptions to that. Because of opportunities, interests, and all sorts of things. My brother is almost certainly ISTJ, and he works as a freelance journalist mainly in sports and travel. He has a master's degree in English lit, did his thesis on Robin Hood, and has cultivated a very clear and witty style of writing where he likes to work in random (or not-so-random) literary and popular musical references. I dunno, that doesn't sound much like your "typical ISTJ" to me - just for example.

Some of the more stereotypical MBTI stuff will say "all SJs vote Conservative and are religious" or "NTs are never religious" and things like that. Which is ridiculous. You can't generalise that far.

Lark

Personally I don't think career choice is a very good indicator. (Perhaps [MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION] is an ENTJ with well developed Fe - actually that's pretty much what I would think. Plus he is Irish and they are just different, in a cool way. :D )

Many people will go for something "appropriate" for their chosen type, but I think there would be so many exceptions to that. Because of opportunities, interests, and all sorts of things. My brother is almost certainly ISTJ, and he works as a freelance journalist mainly in sports and travel. He has a master's degree in English lit, did his thesis on Robin Hood, and has cultivated a very clear and witty style of writing where he likes to work in random literary and popular musical references. I dunno, that doesn't sound much like your "typical ISTJ" to me - just for example.

Some of the more stereotypical MBTI stuff will say "all SJs vote Conservative and are religious" or "NTs are never religious" and things like that. Which is ridiculous. You can't generalise that far.

I believe that's true, did I plan to become a social worker? Not really, there was a skills shortage and it was either medicine, nursing or social work, it seemed closest to my existing qualifications in politics, economics, social policy and sociology.

Do I like my choosen profession? In some ways, although I would prefer something which was more like psychotherapy, social work is riddled with the kinds of managerialism and conflicted individuals I would have been most critical off at one time.

Although I believe that everyone carves their niche, like Silk Road says you are not going to find careers which conform perfectly to your type, even those that seem most suited could be closed off somehow.

Also I think that's a good point about stereotypes about religosity and atheism, I dont know where they come from, they certainly do exercise a strong influence over peoples thinking about MBTI.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Personally I don't think career choice is a very good indicator.

It's not just career-choice that doesn't seem to fit; it's the whole picture. There are many other indicators....
Still confused :unsure: One enneagram?
Anyways, middle of the night..... talk later.

A

Anew Leaf

[MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION] does seem ENTJ to me, but maybe a bit softer on the t and j than other ENTJs. We frequently misunderstand each other, and that's usually a sign that the person has no Ne to share with me. :laugh: I hardly make sense to myself so I cannot blame others for not following me down the rabbit hole. ;). But I think he sincerely wishes to understand when he doesn't get something, and that I think is a great trait that is shared by most NTJs I meet.

[MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION] is definitely an ESTP. No Ne there at all, much less Dom Ne. :)

[MENTION=9552]ReflecTcelfeR[/MENTION] (future incarnation) is ENTP. :D (in before type changes again) because he is awesome and all ENTPs are awesome, ergo he is awesome.

[MENTION=12223]Viridian[/MENTION] is ISFJ e9. Because he is very nice and polite and likes making people feel good about themselves.

[MENTION=6465]thealchemist[/MENTION] is INtP or INfP because she's extra sweet and fun ;) and should make her blog wherever she feels she is best suited even though a special forum should be made for those on the border of two :whistling:

/judgement