• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

KDude

I think you're an INFJ. Maybe as some get older, the lines blur. I think young or immature INJs bare little resemblance to ISJ though. They act more all-knowing, and suck at both Fe and Te.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:D There's a thread about this: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/50199-does-anyone-think-i-m-not-infj.html

We determined (basically what I thought) that I'm an ISFJ-like INFJ. (Or possibly ENFJ-like.) I don't think I have much Si. ;)
haha interesting. But to be honest I think you do. You seem more intellectual than the ISFJ stereotype, so I guess you'd probably identify more with the INFJ profile. Also, you seem to have a pretty distinctive informative style of communication.
If you don't know what I'm talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interaction_Styles
I think this is very accurate. Unlike the rest of the Js, all the SFJs I know usually prefer to just express their views, not caring much about influencing another people.
Ask yourself, which one of those is more like you?
communicstyle.jpg

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd probably call myself Foreseer/Supporter... ;) The thing is, I have a decent idea what Si is supposed to look at and I don't identify with the sort of data recall capacity involved, at all, nor particularly with the attachment to tradition. I've got patterns in my mind to support everything from my view of human history to my interpersonal relationships, going off into decades from now... :)

I wouldn't rule out ISFJ but I'd take a lot of convincing ;) ... I haven't read many ISFJ profiles which I identify with much (although certainly more than INTJ, say), whereas I identify greatly with the INFJ profiles as a rule (except for believing that I'm an infallible psychic.) And I came to MBTI by taking a test and finding out I was supposed to be INFJ (and being shocked at how well it fit me), so it wasn't one of those things where I decided INFJ was the most glamorous profile. ;)

Bear in mind also that I think I'm an enneagram 6 which I think would produce a different flavour of INFJ from many. Mind you, I seriously doubt that as many INFJs are 4 (and usually 4w5) as they think they are...

KDude

all the SFJs I know usually prefer to just express their views, not caring much about influencing another people.

Time to step outside again.

I do find it true of the introverts to an extent, but not with ESFJs and ESTJs in the slightest. If anyone is capable of doing exactly that, it's Fe and Te with the surety/conviction of Si.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd probably call myself Foreseer/Supporter... ;)
Fair enough :D
Bear in mind also that I think I'm an enneagram 6 which I think would produce a different flavour of INFJ from many. Mind you, I seriously doubt that as many INFJs are 4 (and usually 4w5) as they think they are...
Good points. Your combo seems to be really rare, indeed. But I won't lie, I still think you are an ISFJ. You just seem more ''smooth'' than pretty much every INFJ. :laugh:

Last edited:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Time to step outside again.

I do find it true of the introverts to an extent, but not with ESFJs and ESTJs in the slightest. If anyone is capable of doing exactly that, it's Fe and Te with the surety/conviction of Si.
I believe there is a scale of directiveness where SFJs rank between Ps and Js. It is not very scientific, I admit, but it is gonna be pretty hard to compare them with EXTJs in this category.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good points. Your combo seems to be really rare, indeed. But I won't lie, I still think you are an ISFJ. You just seem more ''smooth'' than pretty much INFJ. :laugh:

Heh, I'll take your rare opinion under consideration. :tongue:

Although, I am quite convinced that there should be far more enneagram 6s - of many different types, not just INFJ - out there than there are. It's not a fashionable type. :dry: Although we are awesome, and there are a number of self-identified 6s here and a few other INFJ 6s. :D And I have seen it listed as a very common or fairly common type for INFJ... Seriously, whatever I am, I doubt that 95% of INFJs are type 4. It's just too many.

A

Anew Leaf

To be honest, [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] thinks everyone is an ISFJ ;).

I am always getting rep comments from him saying "hi saturned, you're an ISFJ." and stuff.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I am always getting rep comments from him saying "hi saturned, you're an ISFJ." and stuff.

Nooo... I'm definitely more like an ISFJ than you are! :D

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yeah, that is usually how I greet people. But you're an ENFP sis. Deal with it!

A

Anew Leaf

Yeah, that is usually how I greet people. But you're an ENFP sis. Deal with it!

haha! if e didn't stand for "I get most of my energy from other people and i crave constant noise and stimulation" I would say that you have the beginning of a case.

*sits alone at home relishing the silence*

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Marmie Dearest: ENFJ 6w7 So/Sx

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
:D There's a thread about this: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/50199-does-anyone-think-i-m-not-infj.html

We determined (basically what I thought) that I'm an ISFJ-like INFJ. (Or possibly ENFJ-like.) I don't think I have much Si. ;)

Bolded is my impression so far. :yes: You seem fairly Fe-heavy, less deep into Ni, which would make you seem both more accomodating with people and less of a space cadet. (I get the space cadet impression also from INTJs who are really deep into their Ni; I think a more developed J function has a grounding effect on INxJs and ENxPs).

Your thread on sympathetic imagination, where you described envisioning all these tragic scenes and imagining people's experiences from the inside, makes me favor N over S for you. I have a number of SFJs in my family, and while they're all sensitive and caring people they pretty much direct that to the reality in front of them.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bolded is my impression so far. :yes: You seem fairly Fe-heavy, less deep into Ni, which would make you seem both more accomodating with people and less of a space cadet. (I get the space cadet impression also from INTJs who are really deep into their Ni; I think a more developed J function has a grounding effect on INxJs and ENxPs).

Your thread on sympathetic imagination, where you described envisioning all these tragic scenes and imagining people's experiences from the inside, makes me favor N over S for you. I have a number of SFJs in my family, and while they're all sensitive and caring people they pretty much direct that to the reality in front of them.

Good points! I think "nurture"/environment have a bearing as well on the functions we use; Fe is frankly a lot more useful for the type of life I have than Ni is. I tend to use Ni heavily in my interests in the arts, I think - my professors at university would tell me that I was able to see connections between different pieces of literature and concepts that most other people wouldn't notice. I really believe that everything is interconnected and it sometimes surprises me that people don't see connections that seem so obvious to me (but then sometimes I don't see what's in front of my face, ha.) I used to write essays for uni and think that I was being really boring and obvious and the professors would be like "excellent, unusual point! Well spotted!" :D

Plus, if I'm a type 6 as well, no wonder I make myself ill and exhausted with infinite possibilities and having to question and examine all of them. :shock:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=7278]jixmixfix[/MENTION] ESTP... on the basis of the avatar.