• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
There are a lot of types that do not use Te much.

And the INFPs would not accept me into their fold. I kept trying to organize their forum and they got mad.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
There are a lot of types that do not use Te much.

What is your point? You said you were INTJ. I see no evidence of Te.

I gave my opinion of what I believe your type is. You might not be INFP. :shrug:

KDude

KDude: I know 3 ESTPs in real life and they're definitely not emotional retards. Maybe except for my uncle. People always think of him as a egotistical jerk, but maybe he's not even ESTP. But the other 2 are women, and they can deal with people very skillfully. So I don't think having social grace is a trait that doesn't belong to ESTP.

And what's PoLR? :huh: I saw it in Socionics but confused everytime seeing people use it.

For the record, I'm not an egotisical jerk either :D Just put me in some situations, and I might get a little tunnel vision and just do what I want. I know it's not cool.. and it's comes out less than when I was younger. It's hard to make sense of if I was a "Fi/Fe dom" or "Fi/Fe aux" though.

I don't know exactly what PoLR stands for, but every type has a weak spot in Socionics apparently. It's the "4th function", if you were to look down on any type's lists of functions. For example, IFPs are Te PoLR. ITPs are Fe PoLR. For ETPs, it's Fi (except Fi is defined somewhat differently there too.. it's best to check it out on it's own terms, I guess. Go to http://www.wikisocion.com... Or, we could just follow Edgar's advice and call it voodoo).

KDude

OK, it stands for Point or Place of Least Resistance (PoLR).

I'll have to think on this more myself..

The vulnerable function is also called the Point or Place of Least Resistance (PoLR) or sensitive function. The element in this function creates a feeling of frustration and inadequacy. A person does not understand the importance of this element entirely, and it can easily lead to painful consequences if not adequately considered.

However, to directly engage this function creates feelings of frustration and inadequacy. Often an alternative approach may be found from the view of the mobilizing function. Because of the psychological disincentives to using the vulnerable function, people usually try to ignore information related to it, and in extreme cases do so even in situations where it is most relevant. Even with a theoretical understanding of how this element works, it is difficult to turn it into practical norms of behavior. One can "develop" the vulnerable function by recognizing that it is actually important in certain real-life circumstances. Even if the subject recognizes this, he will still usually try to avoid taking responsibility for it himself, or develop a minimalist or non-traditional approach (possibly using other functions) that is enough to satisfy one's own needs. The presence of a dual usually dissolves any concern there might be about how to approach matters of the vulnerable function.

Some examples:

A type with Fe PoLR does notcsee the point of activities revolving around excessive displays of emotion or behavior that does not reach a concrete or tangible outcome. They would rather keep conversations serious and to the point, for he/she is overwhelmed by such emotional expression, making it quite difficult to express themselves. In social interactions they will make a serious effort to reduce their level of emotive expressiveness such as being too joyful or sad, believing that showing these signs will make them vulnerable to be influenced by others. They don't hold quite a high standard for how people as a group feel about something (even if outnumbered by many when making a personal decision), and instead value situations where they can speak their own subjective opinions and feelings freely.

A type with Ne PoLR has a difficult time understanding ideas that seem new or novel, especially when it has no tangible effect on their lives. Leaving little to chance, they are able to plan out their lives for years ahead of time. This results in difficulties handling unexpected problems in their lives that put a halt on their usual pursuits, and they tend to fear all the possible "what-if's" when those problems prevent them from seeing a clear future. When unsure about something, these types can either avoid making any changes at all or making too quick and reckless of a decision, either of which resulting in missed opportunities.

A type with Si PoLR has little patience for sitting back and focusing on how they can physically better themselves in the moment, especially if they are involved in what they view as a very important matter. They would much rather try to act on their long-term priorities instead of their physical comfort, resulting in problems such as an inability to be aware or care about present realities, failure to realize the physical or mental strains they are placing on themselves, and being generally unable to relax and take the focus off of their long-term pursuits.

A type with Te PoLR tends to reject facts given from a source which they are personally unfamiliar with, firmly believing they can make their own decisions that are solely based on their own perspective and reasoning about it. They will tend to become defensive when questioned about their rationale or efficiency, pointing out that there is no such thing as objective "fact". Also, these types experience a significant level of stress in tending to day-to-day must do's and responsibilities in life (like routine maintenance or working productively), manifesting itself as a general laziness or hyper-diligence.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
KDude: I know 3 ESTPs in real life and they're definitely not emotional retards. Maybe except for my uncle. People always think of him as an egotistical jerk, but maybe he's not even ESTP. But the other 2 are women, and they can deal with people very skillfully. So I don't think having social grace is a trait that doesn't belong to ESTP.

This is actually a very good point.

If I use the term "emotionally retarded", I mean "has difficulty making decisions with my emotions, in lieu of logic/facts."
There is no way I am socially inept.
I love people, I love crowds, and I love interacting with both and keeping them entertained, and making things happen.
That is second nature to me. :)

And what's PoLR? :huh: I saw it in Socionics but confused everytime seeing people use it.

+1! :doh:

For the record, I'm not an egotisical jerk either :D Just put me in some situations, and I might get a little tunnel vision and just do what I want. I know it's not cool.. and it's comes out less than when I was younger. It's hard to make sense of if I was a "Fi/Fe dom" or "Fi/Fe aux" though.

That happens to us all when we are stressed, whetehr consciously or not, IMHO.

I don't know exactly what PoLR stands for, but every type has a weak spot in Socionics apparently. It's the "4th function", if you were to look down on any type's lists of functions. For example, IFPs are Te PoLR. ITPs are Fe PoLR. For ETPs, it's Fi (except Fi is defined somewhat differently there too.. it's best to check it out on it's own terms, I guess. Go to http://www.wikisocion.com... Or, we could just follow Edgar's advice and call it voodoo).

Nice! ;)

FWIW, I still think I am ESTP, just my very own iteration of being a Promoter. :woot: :yay: :moonwalk:

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Well, I suppose that I might as well ask. Does anyone want to take a swing at my type?

KDude: I know 3 ESTPs in real life and they're definitely not emotional retards. Maybe except for my uncle. People always think of him as an egotistical jerk, but maybe he's not even ESTP. But the other 2 are women, and they can deal with people very skillfully. So I don't think having social grace is a trait that doesn't belong to ESTP.
It seems strange that people would even think this. ESTP seems to be the stereotypical type under which younger males are expected to act; "socially retared" definitely isn't the word that I would use to describe them. It actually seems more likely that a young INFJ would have trouble with being liked by others than an ESTP of the same age.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's not your avatar. It's the content of your posts. You won't take action with your problems. You have an emotional argument when people give you sensible advice.

I would honestly guess INFP.

I take action with my problems and I'm for sure an INFP ;). I try to deal with them in the best way possible in order for the best outcome.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
No, if you're an INFP, you can't take actions for your problems, like me :D

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OK peeps.

Instead of shit slinging let's change topic.

Anyone think I'm not an ESTP?
Your Se is ridiculously visible. The only other types I could possibly consider for you are ESFP and ENTJ, and both are pretty remote possibilities given that your analytical style seems (to me at least) to fall along Ti lines rather than Te.

I think you're probably just a very driven ESTP.

O

Oberon

I for one, never got worked up about somebody suggesting that I was of a different type...

As far as I can tell, you never get worked up about anything you see on the forum at all. It's nothing but data to you... which is, perhaps, as it should be.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
As far as I can tell, you never get worked up about anything you see on the forum at all. It's nothing but data to you... which is, perhaps, as it should be.

That's not 100% true. For one, I get highly annoyed when somebody accuses me of doing something that I didn't do. Also, I find two-faced "righteous indignation" offensive to my intelligence and sense of justice (for example, a person lashes out at me for doing X to somebody else, while in fact, its really about me doing Y do their own person in the past).

Both of those things have happened on this board, but I do try to keep my response measured, lest I sink to the their level of intellectual and emotional degeneracy.

I think a lot of people who only know me superficially are surprised to find out that I have a very strict code of moral conduct when it comes to certain things.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
NT Central is probably less explicitly Thinker than just about any other forum that I’m aware of. Sciforum, Gamefaqs, Physicsforum, Gamespot, Macforums, Historum, and even 4chan seem to give off much more of an NT vibe. I can’t help but believe that several Ts are actually mistyped Fs, especially the males, who would be more pressured to type themselves as Ts. Someone actually mentioned that the NTs in this thread are actually less NT than the women. Another astute INTP from INTP Central mentioned that we might as well change Typology Central’s name to NF Central, and no one would complain. I’m inclined to agree with both of these statements. I mean, can you imagine the same level of attention being given to social harmony on any of the examples that I listed above? How about Gamefaqs or Physicsforum?

4chan is mostly full of STP shitheads.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
4chan is mostly full of STP shitheads.

Its an even split between STP shitheads and NT shitheads, with an occasional NF wandering in to start a bawww thread.

O

Oberon

That's not 100% true. For one, I get highly annoyed when somebody accuses me of doing something that I didn't do. Also, I find two-faced "righteous indignation" offensive to my intelligence and sense of justice (for example, a person lashes out at me for doing X to somebody else, while in fact, its really about me doing Y do their own person in the past).

Both of those things have happened on this board, but I do try to keep my response measured, lest I sink to the their level of intellectual and emotional degeneracy.

I think a lot of people who only know me superficially are surprised to find out that I have a very strict code of moral conduct when it comes to certain things.

I don't even know you superficially. I'd say we're barely even acquainted, and yet I'm unsurprised to hear you say that you play by your own rules.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Awwww....tertiary Fi. :wubbie:

KDude

Well, I suppose that I might as well ask. Does anyone want to take a swing at my type?

It seems strange that people would even think this. ESTP seems to be the stereotypical type under which younger males are expected to act; "socially retared" definitely isn't the word that I would use to describe them. It actually seems more likely that a young INFJ would have trouble with being liked by others than an ESTP of the same age.

I don't have many problems being liked by others per se. By socially retarded I mean being socially retarded in some kind of moral/ethical sense.. especially in terms of social boundaries and such (which could be Fi PoLR).

For me personally, INFJ doesn't seem to be a good choice. I thought it could have been once, but I was never particularly "set apart" or weird in a Ni sense. That wasn't something I had to work through. I was kind of a geek, but it wasn't hard to connect exactly. What I didn't have was a good understanding of values. Impulse took over a lot of my behavior. When I was young, I had my moments of being a good kid (I think I've always been particularly generous, as well as democratic), but I was definitely socially retarded in that I was stealing a lot.. candy, toys.. I remember being so horrible I was stealing dollar bills when my mom left her tip money around.. I was impulsive in some funny ways, like pulling fire alarms, sometimes pinching whatever girl's ass walked by. Sometimes my sense of justice wasn't exactly productive. For example, there was a teacher whom I thought liked "the little girls" a bit too much (like he'd always have them sit on his lap).. So I broke into school at night and pissed on his desk. Not that I was a hero though.. At the same time, I'd stock up on school supplies while I was at it. And just skateboard for 20 minutes, without a worry in the world, because that was the only time I could shred on slick tile.

By my teen years, I stepped it up and started hanging with gangs and the like. It's probably the most popular I ever been, so ironically, I was socially accepted for my antisocial behavior. I had to hit rock bottom to find my F, so if anything, I'm sort of a late bloomer INFJ. I mean, I can respect a lot about where those type of people are coming from now (by those "types", I mean in the stereotypical sensitive "Feeler" sense), but it took some effort to get there. And every 5 years or so, I go through this period where I give up on being cool and getting impulsive again.. but for the most part, I'd be hard to distinguish from some IFPs or IFJs here (yet, I didn't start out the same way).