• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I want those who believe the ENPs who frequent this site, who are, in fact, to them ESPs to explain their thoughts/rationalizations.

Unless someone is uncertain of their type, and they ask for help, I really have a disdain for those who view themselves as typology experts criticizing other people's types.

If you are self-aware enough, and you take the test, you will come out as a type that, according to the parameters, and according to how well you identify with it, will be your MBTI type.

I think it is presumptuous and PUSSY to exclaim that "many self-proclaimed" EPs on this site are Ss instead of Ns, and yes, BlackCat, I am talking to you.

I don't doubt my type, and neither do most people on this site, but I am sticking up for my EP brethren who you basically told and implied don't know themselves, and are lying to themselves and to us by claiming to be something they are not.

I realize when you first joined you were an INFP and then you switched to ISFP, perhaps you are close on the S/N dichotomy, but don't project your own confusion on others.

Many of us ENPs find solace here, a place where we can be accepted and understood for the weirdos we are.

So, please, oh wise one.

Tell us which ENPs, are in fact ESPs.

I'm sure they'd love to hear your "insights".

-SS

KDude

I won't retype, but I think that INFP guy here who's a firefighter is making an awesome use of whatever Se he has. :rock:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
There are so many NPs on this site who are SPs, particularly a lot of the "ENPs" here. It makes a lot of the information posted not really reliable.

without saying names and reasons this post means even less than opinion posts about others usually means.

Jaguar

It would be really nice if some people in this forum would stop using type to club others over the head, like a weapon.
If anyone has a problem allowing others to be who they want to be, go see a shrink and shut the hell up.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I won't retype, but I think that INFP guy here who's a firefighter is making an awesome use of whatever Se he has. :rock:
I totally agree, BRMC128YE2, whatever its name is, is awesome. :wub:

I think it's a dude, I saw pics and it was a dude, but I thought I read somewhere that s/he had a boyfriend, so maybe it's a girl, or better yet, maybe he is a gay firefighter... :wub:

without saying names and reasons this post means even less than opinion posts about others usually means.
How very ESP of you to think so. :rolleyes:

:D

It would be really nice if some people in this forum would stop using type to club others over the head, like a weapon.
I agree, wholeheartedly.

For some internet stranger to assume she, or he knows some other internet stranger better than that person knows themselves is ridiculous, obnoxious, pathetically presumptuous, and, hmm, kinda disgusting.

If anyone has a problem allowing others to be who they want to be, go see a shrink and shut the hell up.
In general, I absolutely agree with what you are saying, let people be/become that which they want to be.

But, there is a thin line here, I do not like the idea of accepting and fostering delusion in myself or others.

I dunno, it's weird.

I don't want to be an ENFP, I just am.

There are a whole lot of other things I want to do and be, but that is irrespective of my personality type.

The reason why I even got into MBTI is due to the fact that when I took the test when I was 21, and came out as ENFP, and read the profile, I was astounded by how fucking accurate the profile fit me, and when I did some research, especially on personalitypage.com it was damn near frightening how much of myself I found in the description.

http://personalitypage.com/ENFP.html

Since the first time, I've taken different tests at different times, which have all come out as ENFP, accept for two times when I came out as INFP, (I can be uber-introverted sometimes, so this makes sense.)

Sorry, lost my train of thought, but.

I get kinda baffled by those who come here and who DON'T identify with their "type" :confused:

Understandably, there is much variability among each type, but still.

On a personal level, because I deeply value both integrity and self-awareness, it frustrates me when people cannot be honest to themselves while taking an anonymous self-assessment test! :wtf:

But, I also firmly believe that some, hell, perhaps a lot of people will simply not strongly identify with any of the 16 archetypes. :yes:

/End rant

:cheers:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
not a call for papers, exactly

:unsure: Since a disclosure seems necessary, maybe this thread is the right place to mention that if anyone in good faith wants to suggest considerations for me regarding type, functions, enneagram(!), anything I am interested in hearing your thoughts. Certainly doesn't have to be in this thread, though. Add please, no clubbing unless its like dance clubbing or something.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
For some internet stranger to assume she, or he knows some other internet stranger better than that person knows themselves is ridiculous, obnoxious, pathetically presumptuous

Yeah, this. :yes:. I mean, I don't have any issue with anyone putting forth their opinion when asked, especially when it's lighthearted and fun, but the whole "you're obviously not an XXXX" thing is just ridiculous. Especially when the only available information upon which to make such a proposition is a few internet posts. I mean, really? I won't pretend to have any ability to classify others in such a way and fully admit that others can do so better than I... but not to make a definitive and unimpeachable decision on the basis of internet posts alone. Especially when loaded (as it always seems to be) with "I'm better than you" connotations.

I get kinda baffled by those who come here and who DON'T identify with their "type" :confused:

But, I also firmly believe that some, hell, perhaps a lot of people will simply not strongly identify with any of the 16 archetypes. :yes:

Yeah -- some people really just "fit" better than others, I think. I know that in my case, it's more that when I read about certain types I see traits characteristic of certain types in myself. It's more of a "I'm like X a lot, mostly like Y, but also kinda like Z, and not like 1, 2, or 3".

In the end, it's not like the type itself really "matters", if we internalize the idea that others aren't coming from the same perspective that we are and that all may not be as it seems to us. That alone is the most important thing to take out of the whole "type" concept, I think.

Anyway, go ahead and "type" me if you feel like it :D.

Jaguar

On a personal level, because I deeply value both integrity and self-awareness, it frustrates me when people cannot be honest to themselves while taking an anonymous self-assessment test! :wtf:

I value both, as well. But our opinions about testing, oppose.

It is not even remotely unusual to read people complaining that their answer to a test question was actually "both" or "neither."
Now what does that say about the "integrity" of the test itself?
It tells me the tests are not reliable for determining type.

It does no one any good if their options are so limited, the individual is forced to answer untruthfully.
And unfortunately, it happens a lot.

It is no secret that, for decades, MBTI has come under fire for using forced-choice questions in their testing.
In addition, many questions used to determine type are biased toward certain function-attitudes.
I have always noticed the F questions leaning more toward Fe than Fi.
And at the risk of making BC's case for him, I do have to bring up this article:

Another concern of mine is that we know that the Form G currently under-reports SPs. Stephanie Rogers, who is doing her dissertation on SPs, has hypothesized that many of the sensing questions on the current Form G are biased toward introverted sensing. As a result, her research indicates that extraverted sensors tend to select the intuiting responses rather than the sensing responses, therefore, creating the under-reporting of SPs. To my knowledge, the committee that developed the Form M did not take into consideration the function-attitude perspective. As a result, I am very concerned that the bias toward particular function-attitudes still exists.

The New MBTI®: What Would Isabel Say?

I posted that since I happen to think the tests are biased towards several function-attitudes, and they produce misleading results. And I'm not just referring to alleged SP's.

I could make a case that those who highly value truth, fairness, and justice are selecting a T response, rather than an F response.
Why? Many F questions are biased toward Fe, while a big Fi type who personally values truth, fairness, and justice has no choice but to choose the T response.

See the pattern? ;)

Frankly, I think the tests stink.
To even think Fi types can be tested with Fe questions, or Se types with Ne questions, is nothing short of absurd.
People really need to take a closer look.

Give my best to Z, SS.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I posted that since I happen to think the tests are biased towards several function-attitudes, and they produce misleading results.

That's my problem with MBTI tests. :yes:

Reading the questions, I can't imagine many of the SPs I know testing as S.... and if I went by tests, then I'd be identifying as INTP :horor: :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't go by MY test results... half the time I test as an INTP for goodness sake :doh:

I would be a TERRIBLE INTP! :horor:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Man, I've gotten ENTP, INTP, INTJ, ENTJ, ISFP, ISTP, INFJ, ISTJ, INFP...

which one am I?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I test as INTP most of the time and I'm not an introvert or a thinker. I figure it's easier to conclude where you stand after study than get an accurate result from an internet test.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Man, I've gotten ENTP, INTP, INTJ, ENTJ, ISFP, ISTP, INFJ, ISTJ, INFP...

which one am I?

I think you're ENFJ. I don't have a tailored response to give for that assessment. It's more of an instinctual judgment. I sense something in your posts that I notice in other ENFJs as well.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I think you're ENFJ. I don't have a tailored response to give for that assessment. It's more of an instinctual thing. I sense something in you that I notice in other ENFJs as well.

Woah, how do you figure that?

Could it possibly be that it says that under my avatar?

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Woah, how do you figure that?

Could it possibly be that it says that under my avatar?

Well :rolli: yeah, but I think it fits.

BUT WHAT DO I KNOW? I'M JUST A CRAZY EyeInEffPee! IT'S NOT LIKE YOU ASKED FOR HELP WITH YOUR TYPE OR A N Y T H I N G!!!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Well :rolli: yeah, but I think it fits.

BUT WHAT DO I KNOW? I'M JUST A CRAZY EyeInEffPee! IT'S NOT LIKE YOU ASKED FOR HELP WITH YOUR TYPE OR A N Y T H I N G!!!

Ah.

I was asking because the ENFJ thing is a joke. It was changed that way on April Fool's day and I never bothered to change it. So maybe the April fools generator was right :D

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah, I hate it when other people give unsolicited type reappraisals. It's most commonly in the form of "are you sure you're not XXXX? Because your argument is so bad that you can't possible have Y function." And I agree that tests are useless...I've tested as INTP, INFP, INTJ, ISTP, and ISTJ in the past.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I want those who believe the ENPs who frequent this site, who are, in fact, to them ESPs to explain their thoughts/rationalizations.

Unless someone is uncertain of their type, and they ask for help, I really have a disdain for those who view themselves as typology experts criticizing other people's types.

If you are self-aware enough, and you take the test, you will come out as a type that, according to the parameters, and according to how well you identify with it, will be your MBTI type.

I think it is presumptuous and PUSSY to exclaim that "many self-proclaimed" EPs on this site are Ss instead of Ns, and yes, BlackCat, I am talking to you.

I don't doubt my type, and neither do most people on this site, but I am sticking up for my EP brethren who you basically told and implied don't know themselves, and are lying to themselves and to us by claiming to be something they are not.

I realize when you first joined you were an INFP and then you switched to ISFP, perhaps you are close on the S/N dichotomy, but don't project your own confusion on others.

Many of us ENPs find solace here, a place where we can be accepted and understood for the weirdos we are.

So, please, oh wise one.

Tell us which ENPs, are in fact ESPs.

I'm sure they'd love to hear your "insights".

-SS

typical closet ESFP response^

:p