• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, halla and you are amazing estps, imo, and represent your species very well. :)

We both show ESTP charm, but he's a more positive example than I am :doh:

I've noticed that S vs N can be difficult to differentiate, because its external expression isn't obvious. Si can be flexible and desire variety, Ni can be intransigent and fixated upon particular ideas. The external behavior doesn't necessarily reflect the internal thought process.

In particular, it is very difficult to differentiate a stupid intuitive from a stupid sensor. :p

true dat... stupididy knows no type! :laugh:

and stupidity seems to obfuscate the S/N divide the best of any! :yes:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We both show ESTP charm, but he's a more positive example than I am :doh:

Oh, I'm not talking about charm at all, in fact, I'm not that keen on 'charm' per se. I'm talking honed perception, almost to the point of intuition, or maybe intuition as well. I think ESTPs are perhaps the most intuitive of all the S's followed by ISTPs; you have the best of both--S which has a definite N feel, especially when mature.

KDude

Oh, I'm not talking about charm at all, in fact, I'm not that keen on 'charm' per se. I'm talking honed perception, almost to the point of intuition, or maybe intuition as well. I think ESTPs are perhaps the most intuitive of all the S's followed by ISTPs; you have the best of both--S which has a definite N feel, especially when mature.

I think most people can be fairly intutitive or sensing.. the only difference is proclivity..or something. i mean, i can "Ne", but leave it for "special"/necessary situations. I could never operate fully with it. props to whoever can though :holy: in a way, i intentionally put a lid on it and enforce Se.

that said, i can see how it might come to more use for certain istps and estps.

R

Riva

Ooh! Ooh! Someone try me!

I thought you were introverted. Not at all a Fe dom. Guessed you were a Ti dom or a Ni dom. So it's IxTP or INxJ.

And also more INTJ than INFJ and ISTP than INTP.

So the closest to you I have come is INTJ. ISTP has never occured to be but since you seem to type yourself as an ENFJ I see IStP as a possibility. They do share the same functions and if you are a mature (very mature) ISTP you could pull off being a ENFJ at social situations. But the core would be different and you'll be your chill ISTP self soon when you find yourself out of socializing.

Heh what the hell. I think you are a INTJ.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
SimulatedWorld is ESFJ. This is why he's such an expert on why I don't have Fe!!! He reportedly has "feelings" about people's types, likes to host parties, and as incessantly as he's argued for months, days, and weeks over pages and pages of text that I most certainly DO NOT have Ni...he just suggested that I might be ESFP. That's also totally irrational, and not at all indicative of Ti aux.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SimulatedWorld is ESFJ. This is why he's such an expert on why I don't have Fe!!! He reportedly has "feelings" about people's types, likes to host parties, and as incessantly as he's argued for months, days, and weeks over pages and pages of text that I most certainly DO NOT have Ni...he just suggested that I might be ESFP.
Don't forget about the inflatble tertiary.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SimulatedWorld is ESFJ. This is why he's such an expert on why I don't have Fe!!! He reportedly has "feelings" about people's types, likes to host parties, and as incessantly as he's argued for months, days, and weeks over pages and pages of text that I most certainly DO NOT have Ni...he just suggested that I might be ESFP. That's also totally irrational, and not at all indicative of Ti aux.

Ahaha even though this seems to be a joke post, I met simulatedworld in real life; and it's safe to say he's an ENTP. He's said that on here that he thinks he's in a dominant-tertiary loop (keyword- just on here). His mom is an ESFJ; and so growing up he had to adjust to being around an Fe dominant. So that's probably where people see a lot of Fe coming from him.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Hey, whatever, did you mention anywhere about how you decided you were ESTP instead of ENTP? I was curious, but never saw anything.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually mentioned it in a video in the video thread! :laugh:

My first two functions are Se and then Ne... I chose ESTP because I feel more comfortable there and tend to live more in the present, even when playing with ideas :)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I actually mentioned it in a video in the video thread! :laugh:

My first two functions are Se and then Ne... I chose ESTP because I feel more comfortable there and tend to live more in the present, even when playing with ideas :)

Oh, okay, cool. I'll check out the vid thread, too.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
In particular, it is very difficult to differentiate a stupid intuitive from a stupid sensor. :p

I disagree. The stupid intuitive asks more "what if" questions.

Stupid ones.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I disagree. The stupid intuitive asks more "what if" questions.

Stupid ones.

Agreed with Jeffster.

Sometimes, they'll even start threads comparing their type to hypothetical superentities.

Maybe it's a sign of immaturity. Or undeserved self-importance.

Either way.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
^ I just know I don't need to click on the above link for confirmation of what it is...

*clicks anyway* Yup. :rolli:

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
ragashree is INTJ, but I'm not sure if he/she knows that yet

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
If I knew it, would that mean that I also had delusions of divine grandeur?