Banned Array
    MBTI
    type

Functional analysis

Minister of Propagandhi Array ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    What is the point of assigning a type (which is based on cognitive processes) to someone if you only have superficialities to go by?

That's just useless confirmation bias.
    Not much, besides some kind of personal satisfaction and a sense of knowing your social surroundings better.

Superficialities are just clues, albeit one of the weaker ones, into getting to know someone's personality.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    FA?
    I took that as he uses "fuck all" as a backup.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I'm sure there were a lot of non-ESFJ's and the like I over looked... because since ESFJ's and ESFP's dominate the other types of girls might somehow blend in and maybe even try to act like their girl peers.

What would tell me a girl wasn't that type, is if at a party or something she was hanging with some oddball group of people, no makeup, a little artsy or emo looking..
    Looking artsy or emo, to me at least, suggests a higher-than-usual preoccupation with appearance. While that may fly for certain NF types who are trying to make a social statement or something, I certainly wouldn't put that much thought or effort into what I looked like. Just fixing oneself up enough to blend in with the crowd takes little effort or thought by comparison.

And don't forget the whole "mirroring" phenomenon that is supposedly an attribute of NT-ness.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Looking artsy or emo, to me at least, suggests a higher-than-usual preoccupation with appearance. While that may fly for certain NF types who are trying to make a social statement or something, I certainly wouldn't put that much thought or effort into what I looked like. Just fixing oneself up enough to blend in with the crowd takes little effort or thought by comparison.

And don't forget the whole "mirroring" phenomenon that is supposedly an attribute of NT-ness.

Yeah, I've definitely seen some artsy/emo-dressing types who are about as normal as you can get. I go to shows sometimes and it's like a convention of people who are dressed to the nines in artsy gear but are more interested in showing themselves off and being seen than paying any attention to the music. The way someone's acting will definitely help discern between those who dress a certain way to fit in to an atmosphere or those who do so to make a statement/are really wanting to be different out of some idealistic goal....

Don't Judge Me! Array Haphazard's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ

The thing about how it seems like Ns would dress... they wouldn't look like they had any clique alignment, like very preppy or very goth or anything, but I'm guessing that they might continue to wear clothes that were out of style a few years ago because they still had them and they hadn't worn out, wearing minimal accessories, clothes sort of matching but not quite, keeping typical choices to things that would match anything (no strange-colored pants that only go with specific things, etc)...

Not quite so bad as the 'no matching socks' phenomenon, but similar, just more subtle.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    No, but if or how much makeup a girl wears could be indicative of some things. On average, a SF women might be more likely to wear makeup, or a large amount of makeup, compared to an NT women.
    Not necessarily. I'm definitely an NT woman, and I actually enjoy playing around a bit with makeup. I usually wear it unless I'm going to the gym or something. I think everyone expects NT women to look like Janeane Garafalo.

re: the hanging out in packs thing, I don't really have any ESFJ friends, but my NFJ and NFP friends like makeup, too, and they wouldn't fit your template, either. If you want to know what someone's like, you'll just have to talk to them.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I KNEW #14 was an INFP!!
    Why?

(Tis I.)

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    The thing about how it seems like Ns would dress... they wouldn't look like they had any clique alignment, like very preppy or very goth or anything, but I'm guessing that they might continue to wear clothes that were out of style a few years ago because they still had them and they hadn't worn out, wearing minimal accessories, clothes sort of matching but not quite, keeping typical choices to things that would match anything (no strange-colored pants that only go with specific things, etc)...

Not quite so bad as the 'no matching socks' phenomenon, but similar, just more subtle.
    that's how I dress. why stop wearing something cuz it's no longer in style? if it fits and is comfortable why not?
    Perfectly robust chickens
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Cock is a word for rooster
    Hen is a type of chicken?
    Kit kats are good
    Nice chickens don't belong in the
    Zoo
    ~@magpie