MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Jen is a...

I dunno. that "Can you relate to me" outburst seemed really... uhh... EF. I guess.
    Thankfully I've found better more constructive things to do with my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Since Jen is asking, I say she seems very ENFJ, her eyes seem very Fe to me but then again she says she is very introverted and she would be the one to know herself better.
    I can be, but when around people for too long I really have to get away from them or I turn into a meanie. My energy comes from being alone but there are times when I like to be with people. I found this pic of my eyes in this thread http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...er-pics-2.html. My Husband insists my eyes are green but to me they are blue. Is he color blind?

Quote Originally Posted by Members Only View Post
    Agreed.

I get the same vibe from Jen, that I get from my dad (ENFJ). My dad is quite the clean freak.

*Thinks he must stop agreeing with everything Heart posts*
    On the surface I am a "clean freak", just don't open any drawers or closets if you value your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Jen, I think some people around here may be under the misguided notion that mom who does hair and makeup = ESFJ.

But, part of that may be due to the fact that a lot of them are very young and rarely if ever leave their mom's basement.

See, I can stereotype too.
    wow Jeff. That was very intuitive of you. There may be hope for you yet.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    I actually disagree. It's harder for me to type people now, because there's so much variation in behavior within type.
    Whereas before I'd just type people and be wrong more often.
    I find it to depend on the person.

Some people actually gets easier, it's not an empirical tree structure but rather an intuitive feel: You're collecting lots on instinctive data points about someone, but it's less about the points themselves and more about the relationship between the points, what is larger, what is smaller, the context, and other things.

I don't know. Either I am full of it, or you just learn to develop a sense of those patterns of traits.

Example: This guy I saw once recently? I met him on MySpace. When I first met him, just based on his profile and the sort of things he put there, I was figuring him an ENFP or something. (That was based on limited data points, and the obvious ones -- the cliches.)

But within about 15-20 minutes of talking to him on the phone (maybe less, I'm not sure), despite his high degree of openness in conversation, I was guessing he was ISTJ instead. That feeling only got stronger the longer we talked.

Sure enough, when I went to his house for dinner, it was just SO bad -- the cliche ISTJ. Clinched it beyond belief, as soon as I saw him, his yard, and his house, and the things in it, and how he behaved all night. It was crazy... one of the most Si+Te people I have ever met.

So beware the initial data points and using them as isolated reference points to pinpoint type. It's the relationship between different types of points that paints the picture.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Minister of Propagandhi Array ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    ajblaise has a pattern of calling any well-kempt girl an ESFJ. Your basement theory is plausible.
    It's not just that. It's something in the eyes, which I think is a vital part when it comes to visual ID.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

entropie's an ENTj (in socionics, at least)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I find it to depend on the person.

Some people actually gets easier, it's not an empirical tree structure but rather an intuitive feel: You're collecting lots on instinctive data points about someone, but it's less about the points themselves and more about the relationship between the points, what is larger, what is smaller, the context, and other things.

I don't know. Either I am full of it, or you just learn to develop a sense of those patterns of traits.

Example: This guy I saw once recently? I met him on MySpace. When I first met him, just based on his profile and the sort of things he put there, I was figuring him an ENFP or something. (That was based on limited data points, and the obvious ones -- the cliches.)

But within about 15-20 minutes of talking to him on the phone (maybe less, I'm not sure), despite his high degree of openness in conversation, I was guessing he was ISTJ instead. That feeling only got stronger the longer we talked.

Sure enough, when I went to his house for dinner, it was just SO bad -- the cliche ISTJ. Clinched it beyond belief, as soon as I saw him, his yard, and his house, and the things in it, and how he behaved all night. It was crazy... one of the most Si+Te people I have ever met.

So beware the initial data points and using them as isolated reference points to pinpoint type. It's the relationship between different types of points that paints the picture.
    Seriously! That's freaky!
    He was the complete opposite online! Amazing!

There must be some kind of Ni we can derive from that!

veteran attention whore Array Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    wow Jeff. That was very intuitive of you. There may be hope for you yet.
    Nah, not intuitive. Observant. But that's more proof that you're intuitive. My observation is that intuitives tend to default to the belief that insight = intuitive, when actually it can be intuitive OR observant. In my case, it's much more likely to be observant, because I'm much more accurate that way.

I don't know if any of that makes sense, and I'm tired of typing "intuitive" because it never looks right. But anyway, there ya go.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    entropie's an ENTj (in socionics, at least)
    From Socionics about the ENTj:

"ENTjs often have full lips and a characteristic salesman like smile. Their bone structures normally give them their square shape figures. Their faces too are often square in shape and the facial structure itself often has many small details. Their eyes are constantly darting about rarely remaining on one object for any period of time. ENTjs typically tend to have a bouncing gait. The more hyperactive they are the more noticeable this becomes."

----

Haha, great !
    Closer.to.Heaven
    Patience, that blending of moral courage with physical timidity.
    ~Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy

Don't Judge Me! Array Haphazard's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It's not just that. It's something in the eyes, which I think is a vital part when it comes to visual ID.
    Are you sure this might not have something more to do with features of eyes accentuated by makeup?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Sniffles

On online tests I keep scoring as INFP. But most people classify me as INFJ. So far, nobody has really challenged that.

Minister of Propagandhi Array ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Are you sure this might not have something more to do with features of eyes accentuated by makeup?
    hmm I haven't thought about how makeup might effect it... I'm sure it does.

It's just that in high school and in college and after college I've been around A LOT, too many, ESFJ and ESFP girls... I like to think that I know the type very well.

Concerning Jen, it seems that most people think she's an ENFJ, and she doesn't seem to have a problem with that, so I guess there is a decent chance that someone who hates to be called an Sensor might not be one.