User Tag List

First 3171798081828391131181581 Last

Results 801 to 810 of 7026

  1. #801
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Your profile picture makes you look like some kind of ESFJ. But I guess you're not..
    How does one look like an ESFJ?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  2. #802
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    How does one look like an ESFJ?
    Do you not think that one's personality could also shape his appearance?

  3. #803
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Do you not think that one's personality could also shape his appearance?
    Perhaps in the matters of appearance that can be controlled by the person (e.g., clothing, make-up, general style, etc...). However my profile picture only reveals my face, and I don't think that personality had much control over how that turned out.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  4. #804
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    How does one look like an ESFJ?
    Good natural non-awkward smile, looks like you keep up on your appearance and are neat and orderly, you seem to have some emotion in your facial expression.

    Some people are very accurate at visual ID. Most of it I think is just an intuitive vibe.

  5. #805
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Good natural non-awkward smile, looks like you keep up on your appearance and are neat and orderly, you seem to have some emotion in your facial expression.
    Ah, I see where you're coming from. If you couldn't tell, the picture I posted was a formal pic taken by a photographer, so I had to smile and had to be fairly well manicured (unless I wanted to pay for yet another horrible pic of myself).

    Edit: About the visual ID...I think it requires more than just a snapshot of someone. A lot is revealed by a person's mannerisms, continual facial expressions, clothing, and interaction style (to name just a few things). I could never accurately type someone from a photo, I don't think.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  6. #806
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Ah, I see where you're coming from. If you couldn't tell, the picture I posted was a formal pic taken by a photographer, so I had to smile and had to be fairly well manicured (unless I wanted to pay for yet another horrible pic of myself).
    Yeah I'd say someone in a natural situation would be a lot better picture to guess someone's type from.

    If you think you're an INTP, you should be happy, we're the best type for sure

  7. #807
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Yeah I'd say someone in a natural situation would be a lot better picture to guess someone's type from.
    Yes better, but still not good. I have a hard time typing celebrities even after having watched several of their interviews, seen them move around and behave, and express their opinions. If it's hard to get an accurate read on someone even after having seen all of that, then it must be near impossible to do so from seeing just one or two pictures.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  8. #808
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yes better, but still not good. I have a hard time typing celebrities even after having watched several of their interviews, seen them move around and behave, and express their opinions. If it's hard to get an accurate read on someone even after having seen all of that, then it must be near impossible to do so from seeing just one or two pictures.
    People who are really into MBTI have an easier time typing people than ones who might have just been introduced to it. Ever read some of the What's my Type? and Popular Culture and Type threads?

  9. #809
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    People who are really into MBTI have an easier time typing people than ones who might have just been introduced to it. Ever read some of the What's my Type? and Popular Culture and Type threads?
    Yes, I've read them. And participated ('cause they're fun).
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  10. #810
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    People who are really into MBTI have an easier time typing people than ones who might have just been introduced to it. Ever read some of the What's my Type? and Popular Culture and Type threads?
    I actually disagree. It's harder for me to type people now, because there's so much variation in behavior within type.

    Whereas before I'd just type people and be wrong more often.

    I get it right now, but it's just a hard thing to do. (Some cases are easy obviously, but not all.)

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6775
    Last Post: 05-22-2017, 09:44 PM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  3. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts