• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
It don't work for me.

"You're a thinker? How the hell does that work?"

"I only use F when I'm at work, I'm T at home and sleeping. :D"

Yeah...no.
I'm starting to wonder if you're T at all, when you fail to realize that my diagram was an abstract representation.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I believe you...But I'll be damned if you don't still sound INFP to me. What I know INFP is, based on people I've known very well, in life and on the net. Perhaps someday I'll write a description which doesn't suck.

He sounds like a LII to me, to be honest. And yes, CaptainChick could easily be an EIE, the Beta Quadra atmosphere seems to be very fitting for her personality.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
He sounds like a LII to me, to be honest.
Could be.
And yes, CaptainChick could easily be an EIE, the Beta Quadra atmosphere seems to be very fitting for her personality.
I don't know enough about the quadrants. I should do research on that...Ah well, when I get around to it. :D

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm starting to wonder if you're T at all, when you fail to realize that my diagram was an abstract representation.

Wouldn't that be N?

And I can't poke fun at what you say without you questioning my type?

I don't like the 'time' thing. What defines 'judging time' and 'perceiving time'? If we're actually talking real time, do we actually have to measure to figure out type? Like, get a stopwatch?

Or is it something different? How do the thirds come into play?

Or is it just some mystic quality that you call 'time' that only you can measure?

(I'm guessing it's the last.)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Wouldn't that be N?

Or is it just some mystic quality that you call 'time' that only you can measure?

(I'm guessing it's the last.)
Yeah N too, but I didn't want to get too mean. :)

It's an abstract representation, meaning you fail if you take it literally. It's just a way to consider the concept, separate from reality.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Yeah N too, but I didn't want to get too mean. :)

It's an abstract representation, meaning you fail if you take it literally. It's just a way to consider the concept, separate from reality.

I'm an ISTP in your system. Most definitely.

Why is it so much worse to be an S than an F?

But it's an abstract representation of what? Explain to the braindead ISTP.

Atomic Fiend

flo-dig.jpg

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'm an ISTP in your system. Most definitely.

Why is it so much worse to be an S than an F?

But it's an abstract representation of what? Explain to the braindead ISTP.
You really are? I guess that would explain why I always disagree with you and ptgatsby equally.

Of function use.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So being a sensor means I'm not worth a response?

Oh, I get it now.

When it comes to my intuition about you, ISTP is definitly wrong.

Concerning your type there is only one letter that needs changing in my opinion. Change T for a F and you are a made woman :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You have that special knack for atmospheric anime, I only know from INFJ's. Other types do like anime too, but they dont value Toph from avatar for example, because they are not so concerned with her innerself and the possible meaning the presentation of Toph's personality in the show could imply.

I still remember your excerpt about, what types are more extroverted or more introverted in the world. That was the thing about "energy extroversion" and "society extroversion". In my opinion that was a brilliant piece of Ti-ness accompanied by an insightful and long concentration on a certain topic.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
What does make sense, completely, to you? Give me something to work with.

If it's not time and a part of time, then why time and a numerical value? What exactly are you talking about?

See, I thought this was supposed to be better than MBTI, but you seem to be falling into the same traps as it. There's no measure. It's just as bad, you see. How can somebody even tell if they're using a function? Or is that just abstract and metaphoric, too?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
If it's not time and a part of time, then why time and a numerical value? What exactly are you talking about?

See, I thought this was supposed to be better than MBTI, but you seem to be falling into the same traps as it. There's no measure. It's just as bad, you see. How can somebody even tell if they're using a function? Or is that just abstract and metaphoric, too?
It should have been obvious that the time analogy was metaphorical, whereas I don't believe, nor does it seem, that MBTT function theory was intended to be.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
There's no measure. It's just as bad, you see. How can somebody even tell if they're using a function? Or is that just abstract and metaphoric, too?

Measurement is applied by the inventor of the theory. But you are right, there is no measurement of personality. Valueable statement ;) :hug:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Assuming that you're correct about MBTT, then how do you type somebody at all? And how is it even a predictor of behavior, if time is only an analogy?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Assuming that you're correct about MBTT, then how do you type somebody at all? And how is it even a predictor of behavior, if time is only an analogy?

You do the same like every good physic student does. Try and Error, Try and Error, Try and Error, Try and Error...