• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Mort - INTP; ENTP

Sweet! When I saw my name I worried about seeing an F or a J.

But really, if you met me in real life I seem far more introverted. I'm much more fluent in wiriting than I am in speaking.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm much more fluent in writing than I am in speaking.
Were it to come to that, that would clinch it, being a kind of split personality I've noticed among INTPs.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I remember he had originally typed himself as ENFP on INTJf, and then ended up changing his type.

Where is he, anyway? I haven't seen him around.
Yes, he is missed, and I am quite sure that he is an ENTP.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I really wish you hadn't had to drag me into this. For one thing, I don't even post here that much anymore, and for another thing, I've already made it clear that I don't want anyone questioning my type. Finally, I've removed my type from my profile due to not being willing to deal with it anymore. Why do you have to do this to me? Sigh.

I found out what "ISTJ" really means to you, former/current INTPc members, and I don't need these insults. I have tried to explain before why I don't think I'm an ISTJ or any other type, and yet you insist on typing me with this despite that it doesn't fit how I think I use the functions at all, nor does it fit my behavior if you do more than a cursory glance.

What an ISTJ thing to say.

redacted

elfinchilde = INFJ
edahn = INFJ
night = INFJ

:)

oh and BW is definitely INTP. i thought INTJ for a sec too, but i talk to him on AIM now for hours and hours.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
elfinchilde = INFJ
edahn = INFJ
night = INFJ

:)

oh and BW is definitely INTP. i thought INTJ for a sec too, but i talk to him on AIM now for hours and hours.

What about me, huh? Huh? Whaddayagot? :2ar15:

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can see that for [...] Night.

Night could either be an INTJ or INFJ. Like Wedekit (INFJ), he plays both sides well enough, despite the majority of his actions appearing to stem from Ti and Fe. The only roadblock is that there's probably a whole lot more than meets the eye to Night and therefore, he can't be accurately typed by someone who doesn't know how he process things. Is his Fe learned? Why is he motivated to use it? What influenced his view on Fe? He once said he started out as an INFJ, but could it be a mistype? And what was his reason for thinking he was an NF? How does he define an INFJ from an INTJ? Te from Fe? Etc.

It's possible Edahn is NF, but he seems P to me, not J.

Same here. To me, he's a perceiver before anything else.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Night could either be an INTJ or INFJ. Like Wedekit (INFJ), he plays both sides well enough, despite the majority of his actions appearing to stem from Ti and Fe. The only roadblock is that there's probably a whole lot more than meets the eye to Night and therefore, he can't be accurately typed by someone who doesn't know how he process things. Is his Fe learned? Why is he motivated to use it? What influenced his view on Fe? He once said he started out as an INFJ, but could it be a mistype? And what was his reason for thinking he was an NF? How does he define an INFJ from an INTJ? Te from Fe? Etc.

Night's Fe seems to be a bit formal to me, making me think it's learned rather than natural.

redacted

It's possible Edahn is NF, but he seems P to me, not J.

hm. i couldn't see FP for him. now that i think more, he's probably INTP. INFJs aren't as funny. we're actually pretty un-funny.

Night's Fe seems to be a bit formal to me, making me think it's learned rather than natural.

but that's not how type is defined. night seems to derive feeling from the outer world. look at what happens when he's involved in disagreements -- he makes sure there's resolution right away, he never leaves it up in the air. it's almost compulsive. an Fi user wouldn't care as much about fixing a disagreement, because their opinion is consciously validated by their internal state. when night sees an external feeling state he doesn't like, he changes it. totally Fe.

he does seem slightly uncomfortable with Fe, but that's because the Ni/Ti axis is safer.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
To follow usehername's lead, anyone doubt my type?

If it's not INTP or ENTP, I would be curious about the reason.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I should have included OMW, who is another prime example.

So when OMW posts that she and I think alike on INTPc, what does that make my observations?

Yes this is my point. INTP's are the most rigid when you talk about something they really care about, i.e. an idea they've invested a lot of time developing. But with most topics they don't really care enough about to put up much resistance and prefer to examine the idea from every angle before reaching a conclusion. With BlueWing most of his posts are responses to these long threads that he's started. So most of the things he talks about are ideas that he's invested quite a bit into. And he doesn't really budge at all.

How many INTPs have to say they don't think he's one of us?

If that's how you view INTPs, then it's like you don't really get us at all.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
Grayscale - ISTP; INTP

ive typed as INTP and INTJ. besides my primary CPs, I have well developed Te and my Ne isn't shabby, although i dont trust it.

im fairly certain of my type, this forum is the occasional socio-intellectual outlet for me outside of the stereotypical SP climbing/traveling/shooting/going fast/blowing things up... that purpose may subconsciously alter my online persona

i would be interested to hear from people who have talked with me outside of the forum... anyone?

edit: @ other people's types, the only one that seemed obvious to me was nightning (T rather than F)

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
No dudes, Edahn is definitely not an FP.

I'll jump on board with INFJ, but never FP.

I still say Grayscale is ISTP. I haven't talked to you out of the forum... just saying. I think it works.