• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
ESFJs can indeed be private. My point is, the stuff you don't see because she is private is the data you lack. I don't think you need a closer look. I think you are holding a magnifying glass over a small portion of the big picture that reinforces your preconceived ideas about someone who happens to disagree with and annoy you.
I think you fail to understand my position. I always take typing people seriously. My reasoning for typing Jen was to better understand her intent, demeanor, and style. The only way to describe these three things that I'm aware of is to define her as xSFJ, likely ESFJ.

I'm quite adept at typing from a distance. Ask around the forum.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Somehow I don't think that as many people would be rushing to my defense if someone typed me as ESFJ in this thread. Is it because I don't hate ESFJs as much as Jen? Is it because I don't come across as one online?
If it's not ok to assess someone as a type they hate, maybe we should make that clear in the OP. Otherwise people might get the wrong idea that any type assessment goes, as long as they can back it up.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
we're cellmates.

So when you were sad you internalized everything and now that you're happier you're more outgoing.
I wouldn't say I was sad back then and I wouldn't call what I am now "happy", (I certainly don't walk around smiling) but I am more comfortable in my own skin. Content even. As a child I was very withdrawn and painfully shy. It took many years to pull myself out of that place.

The person who knows me better than anyone is my Husband and there's no way he'd be married to an extrovert let alone an ESFJ. Cafe also knows me very well so I am comfortable with her assessment of what type she believes me to be. We speak regularly and often discuss our future plans all the way up to us living in the same old folks home playing scrabble.

I also question whether or not I am completely J these days. I do my best to avoid obligations or reservations of my time. I am also homeschooling our son because the school system has failed us and choose a non secular homeschool group to avoid the SJ mentality. I am hardly a rigid mother but there are times when I have to work at being more structured for their own well being plus it's what society expects of me. However I can see based on my posting style, there being some confusion as to my type. I am not an easy person to pin down type wise so it's best to move on to someone else.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
...I am not an easy person to pin down type wise so it's best to move on to someone else.
This is incorrect, and also happens to be a view more common of SJs than any other Keirseyan temperament.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
In an attempt to reconcile his perceived introversion with his dominant extroverted intuition, Jack Flak created a new system in which INTPs, his claimed type, were 'intuitive primaries', and therefore solved the problem.

Little did he know that many ENTPs can also behave quite introvertedly, and that his system, if used alongside MBTI, would only screw up the typing of all ENTPs after him...

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I wouldn't say I was sad back then and I wouldn't call what I am now "happy", (I certainly don't walk around smiling) but I am more comfortable in my own skin. Content even. As a child I was very withdrawn and painfully shy. It took many years to pull myself out of that place.

The person who knows me better than anyone is my Husband and there's no way he'd be married to an extrovert let alone an ESFJ. Cafe also knows me very well so I am comfortable with her assessment of what type she believes me to be. We speak regularly and often discuss our future plans all the way up to us living in the same old folks home playing scrabble.

I also question whether or not I am completely J these days. I do my best to avoid obligations or reservations of my time. I am also homeschooling our son because the school system has failed us and choose a non secular homeschool group to avoid the SJ mentality. I am hardly a rigid mother but there are times when I have to work at being more structured for their own well being plus it's what society expects of me. However I can see based on my posting style, there being some confusion as to my type. I am not an easy person to pin down type wise so it's best to move on to someone else.

Jen, just ignore them. This is a left over from personal conflict and has no bearing on your type. Everything you have described is accurate - if it represents you, it represents your type... just as I have known several ESFJs in my life and gotten to know them very well, nothing in your attitude or posts suggests it, and your description of yourself confirms it.

You are the best judge of your type. Shrug off amateur at-a-distance online typers who you have a recent history with.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...I'm quite adept at typing from a distance. Ask around the forum.

You are?

Okay: What does everyone think of Jack's ability to type people at distance? (Or should I start a new thread?)

I also question whether or not I am completely J these days.

No one is completely one or the other. But I would say that you're definitely more Je than most people I meet, and I think any issues I might have had earlier with you almost always involved your Je and my Pe not getting along. But it doesn't really matter, I don't need to know type in order to relate to you.

Somehow I don't think that as many people would be rushing to my defense if someone typed me as ESFJ in this thread. Is it because I don't hate ESFJs as much as Jen? Is it because I don't come across as one online?

Well, you're not ESFJ, so much so it's just not even worth arguing with someone about it if they actually would think that.

You also haven't been as active here as Jen has, so perhaps people skip over you.

And sure, the less you protest, the less anyone cares. Protesting tends to polarize the issue and draw out opinions; we know that just from watching the ongoing elections. There is no argument unless two people are arguing.

If it's not ok to assess someone as a type they hate, maybe we should make that clear in the OP. Otherwise people might get the wrong idea that any type assessment goes, as long as they can back it up.

Decency on both ends is nice. If someone's have a hard time, as a community member I'd want to back off, since the thread is supposed to be informative, not caustic or demoralizing; if they can't deal, I don't see a point in rubbing their noses in it. However, I'd also want to watch myself and just choose to accept some people will have a different opinion of my type and just leave the discussion myself if it got too much for me. I know that can be hard, sometimes, though; I've been working at stuff like that for awhile.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
In an attempt to reconcile his perceived introversion with his dominant extroverted intuition, Jack Flak created a new system in which INTPs, his claimed type, were 'intuitive primaries', and therefore solved the problem.

Little did he know that many ENTPs can also behave quite introvertedly, and that his system, if used alongside MBTI, would only screw up the typing of all ENTPs after him...
I understand why you may think that, as others have, but I'm not irritated because I know my type. It's not relevant to me how others type me.

Jen, just ignore them. This is a left over from personal conflict and has no bearing on your type. Everything you have describe is accurate - if it represents you, it represents your type... just as I have known several ESFJs in my life and gotten to know them very well, nothing in your attitude or posts suggests it, and your description of yourself confirms it.

You are the best judge of your type. Shrug off amateur at-a-distance online typers who you have a recent history with.
You are typed accurately. Being a Sensor implies lack of Intuition use, which leads you to believe others aren't more perceptive.

I don't type based on vendettas. Types can explain vendettas, that is all.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Jen, just ignore them. This is a left over from personal conflict and has no bearing on your type. Everything you have describe is accurate - if it represents you, it represents your type... just as I have known several ESFJs in my life and gotten to know them very well, nothing in your attitude or posts suggests it, and your description of yourself confirms it.

She knows her self best - at bottom, it's always up to people to know what fits them best, after all the wishful thinking/hatred of types is done. That said, this thread exists for a reason, and from pretty early on, it was clear that anyone that typed her as the dreaded SJ was cast as someone who hates her.

Well, I don't, and yet I'd tend to agree with them. Call it "SJ on MBTIc only" if that is more palatable, but intuition appears out to lunch. If she is an NF it's pretty well hidden.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP

I haven't studied his personal system extensively enough to argue on its merits and faults, barely glanced at it to be truthful. I would say though that I feel as if my intuition is something that I rely on and utilize much more frequently than my thinking and there is almost no way I would consider my self extraverted.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I haven't studied his personal system extensively enough to argue on its merits and faults, barely glanced at it to be truthful. I would say that I feel as if my intuition is something that I rely on and utilize much more frequently than my thinking and there is almost no way I would consider my self extraverted.

But how do you define extraversion?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
...at bottom, it's always up to people to know what fits them best...
Yes and no. It's well accepted that there are "MBTI enthusiasts" out and about who self-deny their type.

Well, I don't, and yet I'd tend to agree with them. Call it "SJ on MBTIc only" if that is more palatable, but intuition appears out to lunch. If she is an NF it's pretty well hidden.
I, for one, appreciate your courage.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
You are typed accurately. Being a Sensor implies lack of Intuition use, which leads you to believe others aren't more perceptive.
PFFT!!!

I've just gotten to know pt recently and from what I have gathered from his posts thus far, compared to yours, is that he is VASTLY more perceptive than you are, or will ever be.

:yes:

I don't type based on vendettas. Types can explain vendettas, that is all.
You might not type based on vendettas, but what you certainly do do is make derogatory, mean-spirited, offensive posts about and towards people who happen to not want to indulge you and your bull shit.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Yes and no. It's well accepted that there are "MBTI enthusiasts" out and about who self-deny their type.
Hence the "after all the wishful thinking/hatred of types is done". ;)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
It is a fatal flaw to believe one is so objective.
Note that it remains the Judging Primaries who deny the ability to be objective. This is all explained, in other terminology, here:

Jack Flak's Function System Adventure

PFFT!!!

I've just gotten to know pt recently and from what I have gathered from his posts thus far, compared to yours, is that he is VASTLY more perceptive than you are, or will ever be.

You might not type based on vendettas, but what you certainly do do is make derogatory, mean-spirited, offensive posts about and towards people who happen to not want to indulge you and your bull shit.
I would much appreciate it if you wouldn't antagonize me here, CC, because we have conflicting, how shall I say, "debate styles," and it would get very mean very quickly. I don't want to do that.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
But how do you define extraversion?

To me it is something that is much more all encompassing so I don't necessarily think it can be confined to just social relations, or any similar aspects for that matter. I even hesitate to define it more rigourously, I feel as if I would be adding personal value judgements based solely on my own inclinations that would unnecsarily restrict rather than elaborate.

I would need to retreat and contemplate to give you a more thorough answer.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
It is a fatal flaw to believe one is so objective.
:yes:

Note that it remains the Judging Primaries who deny the ability to be objective. This is all explained, in other terminology, here:

Jack Flak's Function System Adventure
LOL!!!

I would much appreciate it if you wouldn't antagonize me here, CC, because we have conflicting, how shall I say, "debate styles," and it would get very mean very quickly. I don't want to do that.
Quit being a [super-silly guy] and I will quit "antagonizing" you, as you say. K?

Last edited by a moderator: