User Tag List

First 146546596636644645646647648656696 Last

Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 7026

  1. #6451
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Wait, @Cloudpatrol are some people STILL harassing you?? Because that's what it is. What you describe takes it far beyond type suggestions and into a realm that is honestly, disgusting. I never got it that bad, and even then, part of my struggle was my own interpretations of the typings and less so than what was objectively happening at the time. We don't need some typing police, but just some common decency here. Some members need to put themselves in the shoes of others at times, I swear.
    @Cloudpatrol I'm with ED on this. Low level psychological warfare at the minimum, trolling most likely or downright harassement at the worse. Time to slam the door on a few people, imo, or not. You decide when someone can bother you. Their power to bother you came from you. You gave them that power by 'valuing' what they say or think. Take it back.

    Failing that, "Naked force has resolved more issues throughout history than any other factor. The contrary opinion, that violence never solves anything, is wishful thinking at its worst. People who forget that always pay."





    I was going to suggest putting them on your Purge list, but hate is often just a waste of energy. Indifference is the way forward
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #6452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    @Cloudpatrol You decide when someone can bother you. Their power to bother you came from you. You gave them that power by 'valuing' what they say or think. Take it back.


    Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Failing that, "Naked force has resolved more issues throughout history than any other factor. The contrary opinion, that violence never solves anything, is wishful thinking at its worst. People who forget that always pay."
    Ha! It's been too long since I've seen that movie. Naked force huh?





    Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    I was going to suggest putting them on your Purge list, but hate is often just a waste of energy. Indifference is the way forward
    I can't hate. Have tried and it just doesn't work for me. I am also failing at indifference (clearly) but at least see the value of and WANT to adopt it. These &^%* feelings keep getting in the way. Teach me your indifferent ways Sensei.
    Likes Enthusiastic_Dreamer liked this post

  3. #6453
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    Future dust, future rust...right?
    Ha, it does put things in a different perspective when thought of it that way, doesn't it?

    For those who don't know what this is about, it's about this song here, which for me it means to not worry about the non-important as it will lose significance as time goes by. Like getting angry. Or like holding on to negative feelings. Lyrics available in the description.



    Right. Back to the subject. Do people actually send you messages to tell you you're not an INFP? Wow. Those must be some shitty people. I can't imagine a situation where I can be shit bothered to actually write a message to basically say "OH MAH GOD, YOU ARE AN INFP POSER, NOW FEEL BAD!".

    I had spoken previously around here why I believe you're an INFP. Now, I know, and it's important to remember, that people may not know you as well as those closest to you would. Some people may be also be mistyped themselves and would think that all other people that are not like them are not part of that type. Ironic if you think about it. Also, one last thing to remember, life experiences may have changed some of the "standard" behavior of the personality you belong to. You may become more extroverted because loneliness may have taken it's toll. Pain is a strong motivator of change. No reason why an INFP may not become more "Judging" if this is part of a lesson that was learned somewhere in the past. You will, at your core always revert to you default behavior, but your newly learned abilities will be used everytime you need that extra "umph" that the INFP core values may lack. I'm an INFJ that used to have a terrible time connecting with people. I also hated to talk over the phone. I had a job in a support call center and I no longer have any fear left of talking on the phone. The dread of talking on the phone is still there, but the anxiety is gone. I also used to have a big thing with telling people how I really feel (Fe used to suck the life out of me). Now I don't give a shit about telling it how it is. You have seen what I post. You could say that I've gone full Fi-tard (I mean that in a playful way, especially because I appreciate Fi a lot). Plenty of other INFJs I'm sure they frown at my direct way of speaking, sometimes disregarding feelings for the sake of the truth. Fe is good, but I found that it is better to emanate Fe than let Fe become a passive absorbing thing. Does this mean I'm no longer an INFJ? I'd say I'm a much more developed INFJ than I used to be. I'm currently working at that Ti function like crazy and I'm happy with the results so far. Logic is actually adding more and is enhancing my views on the world in a correct and meaningful way). Keep working at what's important for you and move beyond the "standard" limits of your type.

    One more important thing, before I end this, this thread worries me that you may be entering a Fi-Si loop. I say this because I see you seek, in a way, some kind of validation. That's a Fe thing. Don't worry about such trivial things. In the end you need to be able to live with yourself. Would you be able to live in a group if the price of being accepted means not being the way you feel like? Acceptance gets you only so far. Fe sucks because of this. Better to die for something, than live for nothing, comes to mind. Don't slip down the vicious Fi-Si loop because it's a shitty place to be. INFPs have a hard time with depression as it is and it's best to walk a safer path than come close to the that. I think that disconnecting from this "You're not a true INFP" thing is the best thing you can do. Are you familiar with the no true scotsman fallacy?

    No true Scotsman is an informal fallacy, an ad hoc attempt to retain an unreasoned assertion. When faced with a counterexample to a universal claim ("no Scotsman would do such a thing"), rather than denying the counterexample or rejecting the original claim, this fallacy modifies the subject of the assertion to exclude the specific case or others like it by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule ("no true Scotsman would do such a thing"; i.e., those who perform that action are not part of our group and thus criticism of that action is not criticism of the group).

    Person A: "No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
    Person B: "But my uncle Angus likes sugar with his porridge."
    Person A: "Ah yes, but no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
    On a happier and serious note, you have to play Life Is Strange, and tell me how you think about Max. You will understand why I say this and how I think it relates to you in many ways. I think it will make you think more cleared about oneself, once you survive the process of your feelings getting kicked around like a football, taking some serious hits to your feels. I'm a guy and it hit me right in the feels*. MAH FEELS!



    *#toxicmasculinity CONFIRMED. Illuminati confirmed. Half Life 3 confirmed.

  4. #6454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    On the other hand (I am not going to name any specific user's) there are the people who will not let up. Either sending PM's, writing messages or making "mentions" in other posts. I FULLY GET that a lot of people disagree with my initial typing.

    I won't offer my viewpoints anymore in INFP related threads. Despite the recipients finding meaning in my words and being thankful, I continue to receive snarky messages that question why I am posting in those threads. I am not participating in threads offering advice to other members (save for impartial relationship questions...) because I would feel like a fraud. I don't think like those types and don't feel I have anything of value to offer.

    I KNOW that having my type questioned and referred to without letup isn't servicing me in continued enjoyment of interacting here.
    Is this shit still going on? I have zero patience for stalkers. Type stalkers. Sex stalkers. How-dare-you-unfriend-me stalkers. Any kind of stalker. I don't give a rat's ass what your type is. It's your call. Period.

  5. #6455
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    ENtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni
    Posts
    3,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    stuff.
    Feel free to report any of that stuff btw

    It sounds like some of it borders on harassment

    We don't want anyone to be discouraged from the site on account of that bullshit
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Enthusiastic_Dreamer, Nørrsken, N/A liked this post

  6. #6456
    heretical angel Nørrsken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Fe
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    @Cloudpatrol: You have my deepest sympathy. The entire typology subject is supposed to be a light hearted hobby, much like astrology and numerology, but its extremists who always ruin the fun for everybody else. If I ever mentioned in passing that I thought of you as an extravert, please let me know, I have a terrible memory and can hardly remember the color of my underwear that I put on in the morning. ;p Your Fe is clearly present in your posts, but that doesn't have to mean that you are a Fe-dom. You can always be an introvert with a strong Fe. I really do think this.
    Let's get out of here.
    Go some place where no one knows our names.

  7. #6457
    Unapologetically Curious Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    729 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    2,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theforsaken View Post
    @Cloudpatrol: You have my deepest sympathy. The entire typology subject is supposed to be a light hearted hobby, much like astrology and numerology, but its extremists who always ruin the fun for everybody else. If I ever mentioned in passing that I thought of you as an extravert, please let me know, I have a terrible memory and can hardly remember the color of my underwear that I put on in the morning. ;p Your Fe is clearly present in your posts, but that doesn't have to mean that you are a Fe-dom. You can always be an introvert with a strong Fe. I really do think this.
    I think that's what some people get caught up in and forget, that just because someone displays this function or that, does not automatically make them a dominant level of that function. Oh shoot me should I ever display Fe or Si, the typology police will come out to play. I'm under the belief that everyone uses all the functions to varying degrees. It's what you default to is what your type should follow.

    There is also a tendency I've noticed that once someone makes up their mind about you, it can be very difficult to steer them otherwise, because from that point on, ALL they will see are signs of the function(s) they see in you, and will totally negate any other signs that would suggest some other type.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes Nørrsken, Cloudpatrol liked this post

  8. #6458
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    I can't hate. Have tried and it just doesn't work for me. I am also failing at indifference (clearly) but at least see the value of and WANT to adopt it. These &^%* feelings keep getting in the way. Teach me your indifferent ways Sensei.
    You poor, innocent soul.

  9. #6459
    heretical angel Nørrsken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Fe
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    There is also a tendency I've noticed that once someone makes up their mind about you, it can be very difficult to steer them otherwise, because from that point on, ALL they will see are signs of the function(s) they see in you, and will totally negate any other signs that would suggest some other type.
    First impressions count on this site, unfortunately. :/
    Let's get out of here.
    Go some place where no one knows our names.
    Likes N/A liked this post

  10. #6460

    Default

    @mystik_INFJ

    Appreciated all you said! I am realizing that 'typing tired' is virtually the same as 'driving drunk' for me. I don't regret writing what I did, because I have now learnt how many others have also been harassed and that matters. But, yes I was a hot mess about it.

    First, I was in full Fi+Te mode. Lost my sense of humour, was decisive and judgemental. Felt good. Till it didn’t.

    Then I slipped into a Fi+Si loop and got even more serious, fixated, and obsessed with solving the problem, not being resistant to criticism and figuring out my mistakes.

    I knew I had lost perspective and balance but also was overreacting. Always fun for everyone!

    Everyone's support helped. I should have been able to decide it didn't matter on my own, but in this case I did need reinforcements. Then I was finally able to realize: I needed rest and to stimulate my Ne

    @Jaguar

    I always value when you add your 2 cents.

    @Bush Did 9/11

    I have always felt like reporting is "telling on someone" instead of handling your own stuff. But, now I see that maybe silence somewhat allows that kind of thing to flourish. I will take what you say into consideration Thank you sincerely.


    @theforsaken

    Oh I would never want you to apologize for making a suggestion (and I can't remember specifics of all we have talked about either). I don't mind people expressing their views and giving suggestions or impressions. It's more when I let the person know it doesn't fit and they INSIST their perception is the correct one that I am frustrated. HUG!

    I agree it's supposed to be FUN! (grin)
    Likes Enthusiastic_Dreamer, Nørrsken liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6786
    Last Post: 05-26-2017, 09:23 AM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  3. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts