First 140540590630638639640641642650690 Last

Results 6,391 to 6,400 of 7100

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Thanks for this because having just had my own type related explanations mocked in a few different places on this forum for not being "up to a certain intellectual standard/sophisticated enough"...it reminds me of having wanted to emphasize that typology isn't an exclusive club. There are lots of people here at varying degrees of understanding, different styles and methods, different ways of looking at the same thing...and I'd like to think there was room for all of it. This is how many people come to understand typology in a meaningful way...long before they might be able to align themselves with *typology's elite.*
    Assuming we focus on an established member such as yourself: criticizing somebody's type is often a thinly veiled attempt to "get at them". Said person is trying to undermine your self-confidence and create a negative feedback loop whereby you become easy to pry and poke, to take apart and (ultimately) be driven away.

I won't deal in innuendo here: this has happened to me before, and it will happen to me again. And I have nothing but contempt for anyone who is so weak that they must project their own insecurities onto me.
    Likes Bush Did 9/11, Starry liked this post

MBTI
    IxxP
    Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Assuming we focus on an established member such as yourself: criticizing somebody's type is often a thinly veiled attempt to "get at them". Said person is trying to undermine your self-confidence and create a negative feedback loop whereby you become easy to pry and poke, to take apart and (ultimately) be driven away.

I won't deal in innuendo here: this has happened to me before, and it will happen to me again. And I have nothing but contempt for anyone who is so weak that they must project their own insecurities onto me.
    Happened to me too.
    Formerly Anaximander
    Likes Starry liked this post

^yah, I think I mentioned yesterday that I've had someone take to insulting me using typing as a guise.

I think what is confusing though for people is what qualifies as an insult. I've seen supposed Intuitives lose it because someone suggested they were a Sensor. 4s feel undermined because someone said they were a 6. And do established member's opinions carry more weight? I never think of it that way which is why I said I don't get social stuff. Should I not share my opinion of E_Ds type in his type me thread if I'm an older ENFP member and don't think he's an ENFP? I imagine that would have saved me some grief.

I don't really care so much myself anymore...but I do think these thoughts are feedback thread worthy. (I'm on my phone and can't seem to quote)
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور
    Likes FutureInProgress liked this post

MBTI
    IxxP
    Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

^yah, I think I mentioned yesterday that I've had someone take to insulting me using typing as a guise.

I think what is confusing though for people is what qualifies as an insult. I've seen supposed Intuitives lose it because someone suggested they were a Sensor. 4s feel undermined because someone said they were a 6. And do established member's opinions carry more weight? I never think of it that way which is why I said I don't get social stuff. Should I not share my opinion of E_Ds type in his type me thread if I'm an older ENFP member and don't think he's an ENFP? I imagine that would have saved me some grief.

I don't really care so much myself anymore...but I do think these thoughts are feedback thread worthy. (I'm on my phone and can't seem to quote)
    It didn't bother me that people were suggesting I was a sensor so much as their refusal to adequately explain their reasoning beyond what appeared to be a rudimentary understanding of socionics and mbti and the few examples they gave were lifted directly from poorly written internet type profiles then reinforced by their own bias rather than any real objective attempts to type me. Furthermore, I hadn't asked at the time; they just decided to mention me as mistyped, then got several others to back them up. This person was very good at manipulating others to believe their own biased and faulty conclusions.

I type consistently as an LII but I am open to sensor typings if people can back their claims up with some good reasoning and logic. Sometimes I even appreciate others perspectives because as much time as I spend self-analyzing, I may have overlooked something or not been objective...confirmation bias is easy to reinforce without stepping back.

The person who started this is long gone from the forum but they had a habit of doing this to a number of members.
    Formerly Anaximander

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    The person who started this is long gone from the forum but they had a habit of doing this to a number of members.
    The boy who worked for Santa Claus?
    Think.

There's a theory for how iNtuitives become iNtuitives that has to do with brain development and while unflattering I guess (I don't value things in the same way as others seem to) makes a whole lot of sense to me.

I have been raked over the coals by iNtuitives for sharing it a couple times haha
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

MBTI
    IxxP
    Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

There's a theory for how iNtuitives become iNtuitives that has to do with brain development and while unflattering I guess (I don't value things in the same way as others seem to) makes a whole lot of sense to me.

I have been raked over the coals by iNtuitives for sharing it a couple times haha
    Can you elaborate?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The boy who worked for Santa Claus?
    Dudley Moore?
    Formerly Anaximander

@Anaximander

Yah your last post contains so many of the elements that I think causes confusion all around.

Should a rule be made that a person can't question another's type unless they specifically ask? That would render this thread unnecessary I imagine. And then for people like me that are interested in other peoples opinions when they arise I can insert "question my type anytime" in my sig. <-that actually sounds like a terrible idea for the sig haha

I don't think of any type as being "better" than the other...I've only had issues when a member has been like "I think you're X type because you are a shit". IOW the type itself meant nothing...it was only a vehicle to insult me. But we are lying to ourselves if we say that others don't feel the same. you have always seemed open to all typings but I've seen and have now experienced people insult a reasonable typer/typing just because they didn't like what was suggested. Again, i do not think you are doing this but I've seen it..."I'm not XSXX because your explanation sucks/you're a dumbass/you're just trying to undermine me" I've seen it all ways.
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Forever's Mistype List as of August 2016

It's almost exactly 3 years I've been on this forum.

Crazy of the plethora of types and perspectives are on this forum during my time here.

Without further ado...

I present you who I think is currently mistyped and their suspected types.

@Cloudpatrol : ExFJ
    @ESFJ : ISFP
    @theforsaken : xSFJ
    @themightyfetus : xNFP
    @Urarienev: IxFx
    @Yamato Nadeshiko : INFP

So there. I'll put anyone else on if it is of concern or wait for the next edition whenever that comes out.
    everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sp

@Forever I agree with one of those... the obvious one. Do you have reasoning for the others'?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: