User Tag List

First 139539589629637638639640641649689 Last

Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 7100

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne View Post

Whoa...that post went in the direction of Feeling (and there was a point I was going to make that I no longer remember um)...but I'm too simpleminded for this kind of social stuff. At the end of the day I don't care enough about type to be walking into these kinds of traps. If there are going to be people hurt by this then omg I'm not doing it...even in instances when I had never intended to in the first place but did because I was told I was too simpleminded haha. No...I think people should never ask for what they don't want. But it seems more and more this is becoming hurtful to others and since I don't think people are going to be able to remember who does and does not want their type questioned...TypoC will have to decide which way to go on this. We are still talking about Typology right? Okay...yah...I can't be the person being attacked for typing and not typing others...or merely having a different opinion regarding typology haha. I have too much pride for that haha.

**I should say that I have been helped by typology and figure others might be too. Even when people get it terribly wrong...I will always believe that the majority of people here are sharing their opinions because they want people to experience that benefit. And frankly, if I'm dipping my fries differently than other ENFPs I sure the hell want to know about it haha.
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور
    Likes Bush Did 9/11, Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Whoa...that post went in the direction of Feeling (and there was a point I was going to make that I no longer remember um)...but I'm too simpleminded for this kind of social stuff. At the end of the day I don't care enough about type to be walking into these kinds of traps. If there are going to be people hurt by this then omg I'm not doing it...even in instances when I had never intended to in the first place but did because I was told I was too simpleminded haha. No...I think people should never ask for what they don't want. But it seems more and more this is becoming hurtful to others and since I don't think people are going to be able to remember who does and does not want their type questioned...TypoC will have to decide which way to go on this. We are still talking about Typology right? Okay...yah...I can't be the person being attacked for typing and not typing others...or merely having a different opinion regarding typology haha. I have too much pride for that haha.
    yeah, I get it. I just find it depressing when people feel pressured to not share their (typically well-intended) thoughts. A lot of potential knowledge is lost and insight along with it.

In a venue like this, it just feels like it's defeating the purpose. A rule against would kill most of the appeal. Especially since it seems like a situation that would be very easy to resolve with upfront communication by the specific and relevant parties.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1fx sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

^Yeah I don't think there should be a ban on suggesting a type or pointing out a possible mistype. People need to understand that not agreeing with their listed type is not an attack.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari
    Likes Starry, cosmic royal, Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    ^Yeah I don't think there should be a ban on suggesting a type or pointing out a possible mistype. People need to understand that not agreeing with their listed type is not an attack.
    I agree. Unless if that person keeps badgering on that you're type X instead of the type you identify with. Then that's just annoying.

One user kept saying that I was a Nine and stating all my posts were what Nines would say. Even though I said multiple times that my tritype was already settled.
    CHOOSE THE PATH THEY'LL NEVER TAKE

5w4 8w9 4w3 sx/sp/so
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Kullervo liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IxE Ne

Well, if it's harassment, insults, ridicule, off-topic, etc., it's.. whatever of those it is.. regardless of whether you're talking typology or not.

If someone stalks your wall lying in wait for the opportunity to let you know goddamn well that you're an INFP, PMs you daily with what an INFP you are, and reps all of your posts with "you're an INFP " especially after you've told them to leave you alone, that's still a bad thing.

So we don't have any typology-specific rules.. but we don't really have typology-specific exceptions, either.

And just like with any sort of discussion, it sucks when people get discouraged from partaking for the wrong reasons. Don't beat people over the head with a hammer, because that's annoying as shit, but don't allow someone to stab you in the fuckin gullet either.

So yeah feel free to report and all if shit goes down
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Did 9/11 View Post
    Well, if it's harassment, insults, ridicule, off-topic, etc., it's.. whatever of those it is.. regardless of whether you're talking typology or not.

If someone stalks your wall lying in wait for the opportunity to let you know goddamn well that you're an INFP, PMs you daily with what an INFP you are, and reps all of your posts with "you're an INFP " especially after you've told them to leave you alone, that's still a bad thing.

So we don't have any typology-specific rules.. but we don't really have typology-specific exceptions, either.

And just like with any sort of discussion, it sucks when people get discouraged from partaking for the wrong reasons. Don't beat people over the head with a hammer, because that's annoying as shit, but don't allow someone to stab you in the fuckin gullet either.

Thank you for this post. I'm encouraged by the fact @Kierva "liked" it as I'm hoping this means he now understands that people are allowed their own opinions at TypoC

This is how it has always been though. And frankly, if someone is stalking another individual regarding their type...or someone is harassing you because you have a different opinion of another members type...type is not your problem.

I would encourage the mods to keep an eye on this issue though. I think people underestimate just how much discussion is centered around members discussing other member's type. And since many people look for direction concerning how to feel about something...perhaps it would be worth a word or two to new members idk. There just seems to be more and more confusion as each year passes...and I imagine most members don't want to risk hurting another member's feelings/ego/whatever in the process of giving them what they think they want...or in some cases...what they literally requested. Thanks so much!
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور
    Likes ESFJ, Kullervo liked this post

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Did 9/11 View Post

For me, it occurred on a different typology forum. The guy was infamous for pigeonholing 90% of the members into attachment types.

In retrospect, I should've just reported him. At least he would've backed down from messing with others' self-perception. But I thought that it wasn't a big deal to get worked up about. Plus I was afraid I'd look like someone who couldn't handle dissenting opinions. I know better now.

5w4 8w9 4w3 sx/sp/so

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Thank you for this post. I'm encouraged by the fact @Kierva "liked" it as I'm hoping this means he now understands that people are allowed their own opinions at TypoC

This is how it has always been though. And frankly, if someone is stalking another individual regarding their type...or someone is harassing you because you have a different opinion of another members type...type is not your problem.

I would encourage the mods to keep an eye on this issue though. I think people underestimate just how much discussion is centered around members discussing other member's type. And since many people look for direction concerning how to feel about something...perhaps it would be worth a word or two to new members idk. There just seems to be more and more confusion as each year passes...and I imagine most members don't want to risk hurting another member's feelings/ego/whatever in the process of giving them what they think they want...or in some cases...what they literally requested. Thanks so much!
    Misinterpreting much. I liked what he had to say about harassing, especially this:

I've been on the receiving end of that and I know what it feels like. I'm glad that hardline action is taken against such an occurrence. It has nothing to do with what you think is "he now understands that people are allowed their own opinions at TypoC".

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

^^Oh yeah, and I've also noticed how some members get cocky over their understanding of typology. (Haven't seen it on this forum though.) They end up pushing an MBTI or Enneagram type on someone else. Seriously, things like that anger me. I don't care how long they've studied the system. At least be considerate before giving them the suggestion. They aren't even helping them find their type. They just think they know their targets better than they know themselves.

Then it ends up becoming a huge game of disgusting power-plays and unnecessary dick-jousting.

5w4 8w9 4w3 sx/sp/so
    Likes Starry liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic royal View Post
    ^^Oh yeah, and I've also noticed how some members get cocky over their understanding of typology. (Haven't seen it on this forum though.) They end up pushing an MBTI or Enneagram type on someone else. Seriously, things like that anger me. I don't care how long they've studied the system. At least be considerate before giving them the suggestion. They aren't even helping them find their type. They just think they know their targets better than they know themselves.

Then it ends up becoming a huge game of disgusting power-plays and unnecessary dick-jousting.

Thanks for this because having just had my own type related explanations mocked in a few different places on this forum for not being "up to a certain intellectual standard/sophisticated enough"...it reminds me of having wanted to emphasize that typology isn't an exclusive club. There are lots of people here at varying degrees of understanding, different styles and methods, different ways of looking at the same thing...and I'd like to think there was room for all of it. This is how many people come to understand typology in a meaningful way...long before they might be able to align themselves with *typology's elite.*
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور
    Likes SearchingforPeace, cosmic royal liked this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink: