Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

You are what you love Array themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Can I shamelessly self-promote my new ESFJ description? I'm trying to rewrite stuff function by function, taking some of the ENFP stereotypes that are really more applicable to ESFJs. It'll be even more applicable to the ENFP/ESFJ thing once I get to the Ne portion.

My work in progress
    Do what your younger self never thought she could do.
    Be who she always dreamed of being.
    Darling, make that little girl proud

2w3 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes Chanaynay, Starry liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    Belting =/= range.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Most of the ESFJs I knew somewhat closely and I would gossip as an activity to gather information on social dynamics... Just as much as the ENFPs...

Gossip is a tool used by most people.
    Likes Chanaynay, themightyfetus, Starry liked this post

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Who knew I was really an INFJ? Be honest now....
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts
    Likes Starry liked this post

Unapologetically Curious Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I just finished reading through all the posts after my last post, was already too distracted at work today since I was checking in what seemed like every five minutes haha, but a few comments to throw out there for everyone to chew on.

When I'm playing the "weird" card on the forum or in vent, or when I talk about being accepting of other people, these are all very natural to me, and is nothing I ever have to force. The weird side of me is precisely where my feeling of being unaccepted comes from. I opened my mouth far too often in elementary school and middle school and was immediately ridiculed for making some off the wall connections and jokes. To me, they weren't off the wall at all, since I made perfect sense (to me). I just assumed everyone else was right there with me in thought. The emotions in such times left such a strong imprint on me that I would forever carry this burden on myself to become as "normal" as possible, and to even mature as quickly as possible. I never allowed myself the freedom to just be a kid, because I was afraid of what the others would say of me if I acted in any way like I really wanted to. Now, reaching 30, I feel I never gave myself the childhood I deserved so I am quick to goof around and to joke with people on the forum to try and live through the experience I associate with youth. That, and who doesn't like a good time right?

The only reason I mentioned my openness towards others is because of the exchange happening right now. I don't go out projecting that image of myself. People have always seemed to come to me, for whatever reasons, I never quite understood, and confided in me their issues and thoughts. Perhaps because I actually give them the time to vent or have their feelings acknowledged? I really don't know.

Finally, this one is a point I do not tend to like mentioning since I feel it may give people the wrong impression of my motives...again with trying to fit in (stop it Dreamer!) but it's the fact that my "interest" in people and getting to know them is...admittedly, to serve myself ultimately, by accumulating emotional data and to gather more to feed my psychological interests. There is a part of me that does truly appreciate getting to know people on a more personal level, but there is always a personal gain behind it too.

(I literally just stared at my screen a solid 5 minutes thinking if I should remove that last bit or not since I do not want people to think I am only using them to feed some endless curiosity, but I also think this bit is kind of important to bring up too)
    "So dom in an Fi user is like giving a shotgun to a guy with no arms" ~sadly, this is true
    -Brain in a Jar

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!
    Likes Chanaynay, Cloudpatrol, Starry liked this post

You are what you love Array themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Quote Originally Posted by FutureInProgress View Post
    Most of the ESFJs I knew somewhat closely and I would gossip as an activity to gather information on social dynamics... Just as much as the ENFPs...

Gossip is a tool used by most people.
    I used to think, "Man, people who gossip are the worst." Until I realized that I do it all the fucking time (though I only do it around my really close friend group--I feel weird doing it with anyone else).
    Do what your younger self never thought she could do.
    Be who she always dreamed of being.
    Darling, make that little girl proud

2w3 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes Hard, Starry liked this post

I think sometimes it's possible to not feel a type resonates with oneself. But, here's the thing: it doesn't mean that the person being questioned doesn't like or wish they COULD be that particular type.

ie. I would make a horrible INTJ and would say NO! if that got suggested to me. But, I LOVE INTJ's, think they are hilarious and brilliant. I just would suck at being one. However, I admire all the things they are (and I'm not) and am drawn to those qualities.

I honestly think MOST personality descriptions are rife with stereo-types. Discussions like this - that involve living control groups - are great for de-bunking those.

I have been thinking about @Starry's descriptions about the 'typing heyday' here and realize that it's important for the person receiving input not to take things personally (yep failed at this in my own thread ) AND the giver not to be overly invested in their suggestion.

It is really helpful to be questioned. Especially if no ulterior motives or large ego is present on EITHER end.

I don't suggest mis-types because frankly I don't feel educated enough to do so But, this thread and the typing threads are really useful.

Oh yeah, I also forgot about the SJ "gossip thing". Agree all types gossip. I think (based on people I know) that SJ's are legitimately interested in people and are good at deciphering individual dynamics. This may be translated into a stereo-types of gossip but I see it more as genuine care and concern for people in general.

{Sidenote: We should discuss this sometime @Enthusiastic_Dreamer.

Finally, this one is a point I do not tend to like mentioning since I feel it may give people the wrong impression of my motives...again with trying to fit in (stop it Dreamer!) but it's the fact that my "interest" in people and getting to know them is...admittedly, to serve myself ultimately, by accumulating emotional data and to gather more to feed my psychological interests. There is a part of me that does truly appreciate getting to know people on a more personal level, but there is always a personal gain behind it too.

That is almost exactly how I described myself in my thread. I vacillate between thinking it's 'self-serving' and justifying why it totally isn't
    }
    Likes Enthusiastic_Dreamer, Starry liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    I used to think, "Man, people who gossip are the worst." Until I realized that I do it all the fucking time (though I only do it around my really close friend group--I feel weird doing it with anyone else).
    I gossip ALL the time. Always have, always will. It's just so... interesting. There isn't anything inherently wrong with it either. You just need to be mindful of who, when, how, and where you do it. I don't think I have ever gotten in trouble or caused problems through gossiping.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari
    Likes themightyfetus, Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Huh, I would think Fi users would care too to spread their values around as well. I'm confused now.
    Not really. If someone says something I disagree with morally, I tend to provide counterpoints or an opposing perspective to balance things out. I've noticed other INFPs doing this as well.

It's not about converting people to my way of thinking. Instead, it's more like complicating ideas so the nuances don't get lost. It's less active and more reflective, I think. FPs are pretty much "live and let live" until we think something important is getting lost in all the noise. I see it as a "you do you" attitude. A lot of us can be almost aggressively passionate and even dogmatic, which can look like spreading our values around, but I don't think it's quite the same.

That's not to say there aren't activist types of FPs. I think there are activists, or people who serve as catalysts, in every type. I'm just saying it's not a default for Fi.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Not really. If someone says something I disagree with morally, I tend to provide counterpoints or an opposing perspective to balance things out. I've noticed other INFPs doing this as well.

It's not about converting people to my way of thinking. Instead, it's more like complicating ideas so the nuances don't get lost. It's less active and more reflective, I think. FPs are pretty much "live and let live" until we think something important is getting lost in all the noise. I see it as a "you do you" attitude. A lot of us can be almost aggressively passionate and even dogmatic, which can look like spreading our values around, but I don't think it's quite the same.

That's not to say there aren't activist types of FPs. I think there are activists, or people who serve as catalysts, in every type. I'm just saying it's not a default for Fi.
    Hmm. The "you do you" is very much my philosophy. I'm very hands off with telling people how they should be. But I can get passive aggressive if someone hasn't respected my personal wishes (like not being quiet when I am studying)

Even when I saw people who are like "ugh I hate feminists" when I see variety amongst everyone around I just brush it off my shoulders and let it go. I let people be who they are as long as they are not trying to change me.

I don't mind the gap of conservatives and liberals, it may not seem in the forum but I am a pretty neutral person. Of course some things annoy me because they're trespassing my personal space or a person in the past I just want to avoid.

Even with this one INFP chick, she said she should stop smoking because she doesn't want bad teeth and cancer. And I still shrug my shoulders. I didn't know how to respond. I just wanted to let her know she could be comfortable around me no matter what choice she makes.

I guess if I have to work with people I don't agree with, then problems tend to happen.

I am very much an IEI person I suppose.

Oh and if I am in a community whose central values I don't agree with, I tend to be very resistant and would leave when I get the chance. Like any religion what makes an objective value true? Like how would that work for everyone at every time?

So what does that make me? A Fe/Fi combo?

ETA: I'm sorry, I'm never a simple person.
    ​Cusp of Rebirth
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post