User Tag List

Page 633 of 688 FirstFirst ... 133533583623631632633634635643683 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 6877

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

  1. #6321
    untitled Array Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Was that an ENFP description or an ESFJ one?
    That was an ESFJ one from my POV. But oop I guess I misread your comment

    I was saying I see this in my ENFP very much! But it's when HE feels tense that he uses humor to diffuse. The situation doesn't have to actually BE negative. Even if I tell him, "hey no worries" he wouldn't hear that and he does it to alleviate HIS anxiety (6 wing).
    Hmm, but if it's a situation that's giving him anxiety I see how a 7w6 would want to joke around and end things on a light, positive note because then they won't have to face the reality of the situation and the existential problem with him. I was talking more about mediating others, keeping the environment upbeat and happy, etc. So like you said it's when your husband himself feels tense. Whereas if someone is feeling tension from the tension of their surroundings that they feel like they feel compelled to alleviate, I'd chalk that under ESFJ.

    As far as the "gimme more dirt comment"

    I think (sorry, stereotypes) that the ESFJ's I know have never let their Fe values get in the way of some good gossip.
    IME there are quite a few ESFJs who make a point to not gossip due to their values, I wonder how gossip manifests in type or if it's even type-related at all. Not to refute your own experience - I think you could see gossip more in ExFJs because they have the need to seek out validation that their assessment of whatever situation it is is correct. I would say that consensus is important to them related to gossip or not.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

    Likes Starry liked this post

  2. #6322
    untitled Array Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kierva View Post
    What do you think?
    oops, i didn't finish writing that comment lmao. i can't remember what i was even writing with that honestly.

    Did I explicitly say that they carried no weight? No.
    You said they were misplaced assertions...assertions pointing in the wrong direction...

    Again, did I explicitly mention your name? No.
    I'm dropping this.

    What kind of a community adds on confusion to a member's type, especially when it goes against providing "a space to reflect and learn more about themselves"?
    Confusion allows people to observe themselves from multiple angles rather than one.

    Then shouldn't he ignore you? Or Starry for that matter?
    Did you not read about how I did listen to people's suggestions about my type and flipped around? You just have to filter through what you want to listen to and what you don't.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

    Likes Starry liked this post

  3. #6323
    Rainy Day Woman Array MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ISTp None
    Posts
    4,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    That was an ESFJ one from my POV. But oop I guess I misread your comment



    Hmm, but if it's a situation that's giving him anxiety I see how a 7w6 would want to joke around and end things on a light, positive note because then they won't have to face the reality of the situation and the existential problem with him. I was talking more about mediating others, keeping the environment upbeat and happy, etc. So like you said it's when your husband himself feels tense. Whereas if someone is feeling tension from the tension of their surroundings that they feel like they feel compelled to alleviate, I'd chalk that under ESFJ
    Hmm. Okay. You're seeing a distinction where I am not because I would say the bolded fits in line with ENFP 7w6 as well. I see that tension and reaction to diffuse.

    I can see that in ESFJ's also. So it might be an overlapping quality or maybe a quality that leans towards a 6 or 6 wing?

    I'm actually trying to separate the ENFPs and ESFJ's I know irl that are tested and there is a busy-bodyish quality with ESFJ's that I don't see in ENFP's. Or maybe it reads different.

    I mean that with no neg or pos connotations but ESFJ's want to know, everything. Like social information. It's actually a ExFJ thing. Fe dom thing. At least, that's a distinguishing characteristic for me between FJ and FP.
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~




    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  4. #6324
    Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post

    I think this is very NFP. The ESFJ's I know tend to feed into that in a gimme more good dirt kind of way.

    omg NOOOOOOOOOOooooooo! She's drunk. she's drunk!!! haha

    I can't believe it. I just got back and this was literally the first thing I saw! Here again is why we have no ESFJs (honestly, I have only met one ESFJ that was a gossip and even then she was pretty tame about it.)

    @Enthusiastic_Dreamer

    I do not get the hostility here regarding your type...especially because you, yourself, don't seem closed off to it (have you been gossiping by any chance? haha). I came back because I was so touched by you having opened up about your story and was going to do the same for comparison but I am not attached to you changing your type and don't want it to seem that way.

    I am a little bit attached to you checking out e2 though...just because enneagram offers a great deal more in the way of self-improvement...something you seem dedicated to. Having been mistyped for a decent amount of time and then discovering my correct e-type...I know that feeling of when the confusion is lifted (not saying you will have this experience but it is definitely worth it to see). Being properly e-typed makes a huge difference...so it might be worth it to give e2 a read.
    Flaming Uke
    Oakland booty
    Likes MDP2525, Chanaynay, Cloudpatrol liked this post

  5. #6325
    펼쳐지는 모든 건 Array Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    oops, i didn't finish writing that comment lmao. i can't remember what i was even writing with that honestly.
    Lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    You said they were misplaced assertions...assertions pointing in the wrong direction...
    It doesn't mean that they don't carry weight. They carry some weight, just misplaced.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I'm dropping this.
    Okay.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Confusion allows people to observe themselves from multiple angles rather than one.
    No, it fogs up an issue that can be resolved quickly and simply by matter of clear and concise arguments, backed up by sufficient evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Did you not read about how I did listen to people's suggestions about my type and flipped around? You just have to filter through what you want to listen to and what you don't.
    And my point is that he shouldn't have to listen to you?

  6. #6326
    untitled Array Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Hmm. Okay. You're seeing a distinction where I am not because I would say the bolded fits in line with ENFP 7w6 as well. I see that tension and reaction to diffuse.
    IME ENFPs (7s) aren't so much bothered by conflict (when they're not on the receiving end of it) but rather "inconvenienced" by it as it muddles their previously positive experience and disrupts the fantastical distraction we've set up for ourselves. But I'm also of the opinion that ENFPs are more self-centered and superficial than type descriptions lead on and that ESFJs are a lot less judgmental and "middle aged woman on the phone with her girlfriend about what they've been reading in People Mag" than type descriptions lead on...so I feel like our perspective on the types as a whole differ <- also that's not a dig at your perspective on ESFJs haha I know your view is more balanced/somewhere in between

    I'm actually trying to separate the ENFPs and ESFJ's I know irl that are tested and there is a busy-bodyish quality with ESFJ's that I don't see in ENFP's. Or maybe it reads different.
    Actually that's a good note, if you read @Starry's thread that I linked earlier you'll see a post or two I think about how ESFJs can "weird" it up for however long it provides fun and entertainment while the ENFPs get tired around after the 5th or 6th time being asked if they're high

    I mean that with no neg or pos connotations but ESFJ's want to know, everything. Like social information. It's actually a ExFJ thing. Fe dom thing. At least, that's a distinguishing characteristic for me between FJ and FP.
    I don't know about gossip specifically, but I do know if any type is interested in the manifestation of human nature in the outside world it would be ExFJ (whereas IxFP deals more with the manifestation of human nature from within).
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

    Likes MDP2525, Starry liked this post

  7. #6327
    (in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,785

    Default

    I think all the ENFPs are really ESFJs.

    Also, the idea of @MDP2525 being happy drunk somewhere makes the world seem a little brighter.
    Likes Chanaynay, MDP2525, Starry liked this post

  8. #6328
    untitled Array Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kierva View Post
    No, it fogs up an issue that can be resolved quickly and simply by matter of clear and concise arguments, backed up by sufficient evidence.
    The "fog" is just another person's POV that people have already validated including ED himself.

    And my point is that he shouldn't have to listen to you?
    Okay, we'll agree to disagree then. My point is that he'd probably benefit from ignoring those who follow him around and cause him emotional trauma, but since I've only talked to him once or twice about this it's not like I have an agenda to push but rather ideas for him to consider.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

    Likes Starry liked this post

  9. #6329
    Rainy Day Woman Array MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ISTp None
    Posts
    4,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    omg NOOOOOOOOOOooooooo! She's drunk. she's drunk!!! haha

    I can't believe it. I just got back and this was literally the first thing I saw! Here again is why we have no ESFJs (honestly, I have only met one ESFJ that was a gossip and even then she was pretty tame about it.)

    @Enthusiastic_Dreamer

    I do not get the hostility here regarding your type...especially because you, yourself, don't seem closed off to it (have you been gossiping by any chance? haha). I came back because I was so touched by you having opened up about your story and was going to do the same for comparison but I am not attached to you changing your type and don't want it to seem that way.

    I am a little bit attached to you checking out e2 though...just because enneagram offers a great deal more in the way of self-improvement...something you seem dedicated to. Having been mistyped for a decent amount of time and then discovering my correct e-type...I know that feeling of when the confusion is lifted (not saying you will have this experience but it is definitely worth it to see). Being properly e-typed makes a huge difference...so it might be worth it to give e2 a read.
    Lol. Well, to be fair, when I say gossip...I don't mean they are telling people other people's business. Wrong word maybe. But they are the "sit down and tell me all about hon" types. Like, they want so badly to lend the ear.

    I see ENFP's a bit more...there's a boundary there. Like, am I over-stepping? I think they go through more of that.
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~




    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes Starry liked this post

  10. #6330
    펼쳐지는 모든 건 Array Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    The "fog" is just another person's POV that people have already validated including ED himself.
    Validated, and unused. What's the point?



    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Okay, we'll agree to disagree then. My point is that he'd probably benefit from ignoring those who follow him around and cause him emotional trauma, but since I've only talked to him once or twice about this it's not like I have an agenda to push but rather ideas for him to consider.
    Sure. Let's believe that.

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6550
    Last Post: Today, 12:38 AM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  3. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •