Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 7009

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

my floof is luxury Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Ah I saw that comment more as a way to explain that he is naturally accepting and open-minded, and those suggesting ESFJ/2 as a way to take away from the "natural" part of those qualities and subsequently implying that his behavior is more controlled than he leads on are what leads to his aggravation and sensitivities regarding his sense of identity in relation to forum perception, unrelated to whether he himself thinks ESFJ/2 is more controlled and less natural or not. Or that the implication that he's avoiding the type due to its stereotypes is aggravating because he wants to accept all types. @Enthusiastic_Dreamer if you feel like clearing up these interpretations of your comments feel free to chime in.

I personally think regardless of what his True Type™ is he doesn't refute ESFJ/support ENFP just for the ENFP image. In general, I 100% agree with you that there's a perceived cache associated with the two types and that "there's a stereotype of ENFPs as accepting and open minded, and ESFJs as close minded and traditional. And it screws up people's ability to evaluate themselves." The entire people's ENFP thread created by Starry that I contributed to kind of hones in on that idea. But in Dreamer's case with what he's said about caring deeply about being an accepting and tolerant person, and also given the times I recall he's talked about his friends who are SFJs, I'm not sure if I'd say he's subconsciously denying that SFJs are any "less" of those qualities because that'd go against his values overall. But then again I also don't know any other explanation he has for denying ESFJ, although I wouldn't be surprised if the whole "super extrovert" stereotype played a role in it. ED feel free to chime in as well because I don't know you're subconscious so I can only speculate.

Circling back to these values overall, I think the fact that he makes a point of being open-minded and accepting is just another way you could point to ESFJ. @Starry can disagree with me if she wants but I don't believe ENFPs "make a point" of really doing anything regarding their values...or just in general. Like how @themightyfetus said she wanted one day to give speeches and uplift people because that's a goal that fulfills her, it strikes me as the same kind of nature where they specifically set out to interact with the world in this way because that's what feels right with them. With ENFPs...I feel like the way we interact with the world is a lot less consistent. Hell even the way I go about foruming on here is inconsistent
    I understand what you're saying. This is all really well reasoned, but I think I'm hitting my rumination limit lol. Te-doms can only think so much about a topic before we have to go lay down or phone a friend or whatever.

Honestly, I think @Enthusiastic_Dreamer is wonderful. He's a genuinely kind spirit and a good person. For those reasons, I don't care about his type one way or the other. Whatever he is. He's doing his best and seems to make a conscious effort to leave things better than he found them. Whatever bin that leaves him in is a good bin and I hope he sticks with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kierva View Post
    No, I don't get it. I'm not a westerner and here in Singapore I have never heard that expression being used here. Language here is more utilitarian.

But thank you for pasting that definition. It will certainly help to understand people when I move to the west.
    So serious.

No, I'm saying that saying someone is "on the level" means "they get it". They have insight into something that shows they really understand it, and so you can trust what they say about that subject.

Unrelated, but is it true that you can't chew gum in public in Singapore?
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    So serious.

No, I'm saying that saying someone is "on the level" means "they get it". They have insight into something that shows they really understand it, and so you can trust what they say about that subject.

Unrelated, but is it true that you can't chew gum in public in Singapore?
    Correct. They outlawed it* in the 80s because it was dirtying the roads and sticking on people's shoes, and because of that (among many other reasons like hefty fines for spitting and littering) it gives Singapore its sterile reputation.
    E2 - Eb4 - E5

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Sure he takes them into consideration, but you think he's going to change his mind on his type?
    He doesn't have to, but do you think people can only bring up observations to him

And disagree I have. Did I explicitly say that your observations are invalid? I don't think so?
    Just above you said they were misplaced and spoke as if they carried no weight because you talked about how intimately you knew him.

He has nothing to do with my "dislike" of you. Since when have I explicitly said on this forum that I "dislike" you?
    You called me and Starry empty vessels for not contributing to your own type thread with full-fledged analyses. I didn't get a "like" or "neutral" impression from that.

The thing is, I have witnessed people getting hive-minded over things like these. One of the members here have caused him emotional pain because this person kept asserting the ESFJ claim, and a few others have jumped on that bandwagon as well, causing him to be unsure of himself whenever he wants to post anything. Do you think that's a healthy way to grow, especially when the man himself is trying to?
    I'm not aware of how far this "harassment" (not sure what to call it) has gone because I rarely Vent, but I don't think the actions of members following him around in that way forbids everyone from making a similar assertion...especially since I tried to be pretty gentle since I know he does have these insecurities. A big appeal to this forum is that it's a gateway to provide people a space to reflect and learn more about themselves, and the community itself can play a part in that. People have chased me around calling me ESFP for years, and sometimes when I would post I would post knowing that it'd probably open up doors for people to take advantage of that. But sometimes you just gotta learn to ignore said forces. But like I said I don't know how severely he was bullied and intimidated.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes Starry liked this post

my floof is luxury Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Correct. They outlawed in the 80s because it was dirtying the roads and sticking on people's shoes, and because of that (among many other reasons like hefty fines for spitting and littering) it gives Singapore its sterile reputation.
    I also heard it led to good things for your economy, so more power to you guys.

Anyways. Thanks for indulging my ignorance.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Hmm, well if you wanted more reasons I could outline a few from what I've seen on the forum.

Your interactions tend to go very smoothly. Not to say you go about socializing with a certain "finesse" but I've noticed that even during conflicts with escalating levels of heat you tend to stay in the middle man position in one or two ways - delving into a "bigger picture" problem at large catalyzing the conflict, being playful and joking with others inadvertently helping prevent either side from getting far out of hand, etc. Those with an Fe ego (and ESFJs moreso than ENFJs due to differing interaction styles) value harmonious social interactions, fostering an upbeat and positive emotional environment where people can interconnect with others and communicate with each other. In that way I see you as that same kind of pleasant and tranquil.

In the same way I said in the past that @themightyfetus excels at seeing the world in an optimistic light, I've seen the same kind of rose-tinted view of life come through in some of your posts. I think one time when I was lurking through the random thought thread I liked something you said about how you rediscover who you are when you gaze up at the stars. I think these very romantic portrayals of the world clue me into ESFJ, as a type that values happy and positive environments of course sees the world in a happy and positive light as well. And I think this also relates to what you experience as your Fi going "deep" (although admittedly I've never fully grasped what you meant when you said that haha). iirc you described as your Ne wanting to get to know everything, but your Fi provides accentuates it by warranting further thorough investigation. From an alternative perspective, it could be that wanting to know everything and gaining a deep understanding of it could be more rooted in Fe, as trying to intimately understand so much relates back to interconnecting with others and creating a warm and empathetic atmosphere. And on the flip side, Ne is less like "ooh shiny object" syndrome ( @OrangeAppled once said she actually finds this symptom more in ExFJs, due to tertiary Pe and to keep the momentum of positive interaction flowing) and actually more disinterested by a surprising amount of what the world has to offer. I don't know about going deep, but I'd say the Ne ego rather latches onto ideas and concepts its engaged by and then seeks a way to bounce ideas off others because it's that building of ideas that is stimulating. So when I hear about the idea of gathering a deeper understanding in relation to one's environment, I think Fe.

And just to pull up a specific quote:

^This is something I've also seen common in ExFJ - stereotyped as "the givers" but I think more than anything else what they give is a sense of value at the expense of their own. I think there is a kind of social anxiety that can exist in Fe types (but especially ESFJ as Si can make them especially anxious about what can go wrong...which is why 6 is probably a common Enneagram typing for both SFJs), so while they grace others with an inherent respect and value they may be hard on themselves because of how much they perceive themselves as not being good enough. I think that's why self-love is a concept that resonates with many ExFJs as its a therapeutic concept to them, and I also think that's why so many ESFJs can misidentify as NFP nowadays as the idea of listening to one's own needs and caring for oneself can seem like Fi from the get-go. In addition the comment itself is...classically e2 at the very least. 2 gives so much love to others, but it stems from a lack of the own absence of love they possess for themselves. And while 2 and 7 are both positive outlook, it manifests differently. In 2, positive outlook manifests in how it influences and relates to its surroundings (much like what I said above about Fe...and its no surprise above all type combinations 2's correlation with Fe has been one of the strongest). On the other hand, 7's positive outlook manifests in the corners it cuts to escape from its own emptiness (the keyword being emptiness rather than shame). And while I could believe the idea of you chasing your own tail in that way, I do also feel a shame or insecurity regarding your sense of identity...and your naturally consistent positive influence in forum interactions is clear to me.

So there are a few reasons I could churn out for you if you were feeling in the dark about these suggestions
    I just jumped in here, and am a bottle of white wine in...bear with me, but my ENFP is very much how you describe in your first few paragraphs...kind of jumping in and diffusing with humor a tense situation (to them ).

I think this is very NFP. The ESFJ's I know tend to feed into that in a gimme more good dirt kind of way.
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Unapologetically Curious Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I just jumped in here, and am a bottle of white wine in...bear with me, but my ENFP is very much how you describe in your first few paragraphs...kind of jumping in and diffusing with humor a tense situation (to them ).

I think this is very NFP. The ESFJ's I know tend to feed into that in a gimme more good dirt kind of way.
    Ohh you snagged an ENFP?! I'd love to hear your feedback on my type if you have the time
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes MDP2525, Starry liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Ohh you snagged an ENFP?! I'd love to hear your feedback on my type if you have the time
    I will come back to the thread when sober. Been with my ENFP for almost 4 years. He's a 7w6...I know that etype well, some others maybe not so much.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Yeah, the situation isn't tense at all to me. I mean it's lively and animated, but I think the interactions between me and ED specifically are pretty fine I have typed out a lot today so let me just quote Jung to further emphasize what I'm getting at:

"The woman of this type follows her feelings as a guide throughout life. As a result of upbringing her feeling has developed into an adjusted function subject to conscious control. Her feelings harmonize with objective situations and general values."

^This is what I mean when I talk about the middle man position he plays, the positive and reciprocative atmosphere he provides to interactions with others, etc...actually wait this quote about sums it up too:

"For this type, it is of the highest importance to establish an intense feeling of rapport with the environment."

What do you mean by "gimme more good dirt"?

Also I'm curious how you feel about this thread then, since your husband is very sweet and effusive as you describe: ESFJ e2 "The People's ENFP"

^Not claiming that ED is an example of this phenomenon tho
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes Starry liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yeah, the situation isn't tense at all to me. I mean it's lively and animated, but I think the interactions between me and ED specifically are pretty fine I have typed out a lot today so let me just quote Jung to further emphasize what I'm getting at:

"The woman of this type follows her feelings as a guide throughout life. As a result of upbringing her feeling has developed into an adjusted function subject to conscious control. Her feelings harmonize with objective situations and general values."

^This is what I mean when I talk about the middle man position he plays, the positive and reciprocative atmosphere he provides to interactions with others, etc...actually wait this quote about sums it up too:

"For this type, it is of the highest importance to establish an intense feeling of rapport with the environment."

What do you mean by "gimme more good dirt"?
    Oh. Not you two personally. Regarding this:

Not to say you go about socializing with a certain "finesse" but I've noticed that even during conflicts with escalating levels of heat you tend to stay in the middle man position in one or two ways - delving into a "bigger picture" problem at large catalyzing the conflict, being playful and joking with others inadvertently helping prevent either side from getting far out of hand, etc. Those with an Fe ego (and ESFJs moreso than ENFJs due to differing interaction styles) value harmonious social interactions, fostering an upbeat and positive emotional environment where people can interconnect with others and communicate with each other. In that way I see you as that same kind of pleasant and tranquil.
    Was that an ENFP description or an ESFJ one?

I was saying I see this in my ENFP very much! But it's when HE feels tense that he uses humor to diffuse. The situation doesn't have to actually BE negative. Even if I tell him, "hey no worries" he wouldn't hear that and he does it to alleviate HIS anxiety (6 wing).

As far as the "gimme more dirt comment"

I think (sorry, stereotypes) that the ESFJ's I know have never let their Fe values get in the way of some good gossip.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

He doesn't have to, but do you think people can only bring up observations to him
    What do you think?

Just above you said they were misplaced and spoke as if they carried no weight because you talked about how intimately you knew him.
    Did I explicitly say that they carried no weight? No.

You called me and Starry empty vessels for not contributing to your own type thread with full-fledged analyses. I didn't get a "like" or "neutral" impression from that.
    Again, did I explicitly mention your name? No.

I'm not aware of how far this "harassment" (not sure what to call it) has gone because I rarely Vent, but I don't think the actions of members following him around in that way forbids everyone from making a similar assertion...especially since I tried to be pretty gentle since I know he does have these insecurities. A big appeal to this forum is that it's a gateway to provide people a space to reflect and learn more about themselves, and the community itself can play a part in that.
    What kind of a community adds on confusion to a member's type, especially when it goes against providing "a space to reflect and learn more about themselves"?

People have chased me around calling me ESFP for years, and sometimes when I would post I would post knowing that it'd probably open up doors for people to take advantage of that. But sometimes you just gotta learn to ignore said forces. But like I said I don't know how severely he was bullied and intimidated.
    Then shouldn't he ignore you? Or Starry for that matter?
    E2 - Eb4 - E5