First 119519569609617618619620621629669 Last

Results 6,181 to 6,190 of 7139

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic royal View Post
    What if everyone was mistyped?
    If everyone were mistyped, no one would be mistyped.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    *yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    Haven't thought of it from that perspective. Fair point
    CHOOSE THE PATH THEY'LL NEVER TAKE

5w4 8w9 4w3 sx/sp/so
    Likes Forever, magpie, Punderstorm liked this post

Damn American Cowboy Reborn Relic's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    Not necessarily. :p You could have everyone be wrong about themselves and not the functions. :p
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

--Theodore Roosevelt

“Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.”

--Friedrich Nietzche

I have a Johari again

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

So, @ceecee, ever considered Te-dom?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    So, @ceecee, ever considered Te-dom?
    Sure, it's possible, ESTJ less than ENTJ. I would be a low energy E, regardless.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

At times I wonder if maybe I'm an INFJ..
    "..But my dreaming self refuses to be consoled."- M.Atwood
    tumblr | instagram

MBTI
    Idk
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Me because I still don't even know my type.
    Likes chickpea, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Sure, it's possible, ESTJ less than ENTJ. I would be a low energy E, regardless.
    I think the E merely stands for Eight.
    Walk first through the fire.

*Currently participating in the "No Likes" experiment.
    Likes cascadeco, chickpea, Chanaynay liked this post

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@highlander
    long time to speak, but I still don't see you as a 6 at all. yes, you are security oriented, but there is a lot more to 6 than just security. other core neuroses include (source: Character and Neuroses by Claudio Naranjo)

Over-alert Hyperintentionality

Closely related to anxiety but not identical to it is the hyper-alertness entailed by a suspicious and over-cautious disposition. Unlike the confident over-alertness of type III which orients itself to having “everything under control, “this is a hyper-vigilance that is on the lookout for hidden meanings, clues, and the unusual. Aside from constituting a state of chronic arousal in the service of interpreting (potentially dangerous) reality, it serves an excessive deliberation concerning what forothers would be a matter of spontaneous choice. I have borrowed Shapiro’s word “hyper-intentionality” for the extraordinarily rigid and tense directedness of behavior (of suspicious character) as well as for the exaggerated need to rely on rational choices.
    Orientation to Authority and Ideals

What the aggressive, the dutiful, and the affectionate safety maneuvers have in common is their relevance to authority. We may say the fear of ennea-type VI was originally aroused by parental authority and the threat of punishment by the power-wielding parent—usually the father. Just as originally his fear led to sweetness, obedience or defiance (and usually ambivalence) toward his parents, now he continues to behave and feel the same in the face of others to whom he assignsauthority or towards whom he (consciously or unconsciously) becomes one.The pattern of “authoritarian aggression” and “authoritarian submission” noted by the authors of The Authoritarian Personality may be mentioned here: type VI manifests aggression towards those below and submission to those above in the authority hierarchy. Not only do they live in a hierarchical world: they both hate and love authority consciously (being, in spite of anxiety in the face of ambiguity, the most explicitly ambivalent of all character types).In addition to traits of submissiveness, the demand for obedience and love, hate and ambivalence toward authority, ennea-type VI exhibits, to a larger extent than any other, an idealization of authority figures—manifest either in individualized hero-worship, in a generalized attraction to the great and the strong or in an orientation to impersonal greatness, which causes some to over-mythologize life so as to indulge a passion for archetypal sublimity. This penchant for what is larger than life seems not only to underlie a divinization/ demonization of the ordinary (observed by Jung in connection with the introverted thinking type) and the perceived sublimity of ideals of fanatics, but is a characteristic of ennea-type VI people in general, who in view of this may be described as “idealistic.”
    Accusation of Self and Others

Guilt is as prominent in ennea-type VI character as in types IV and V, only that in type VI the mechanism of guilt production goes hand-in-hand with a prominent mechanism of exculpation through projection and the creation of outer enemies. It is not only anxiety, but guilt, we may say, that seeks to be alleviated through ingratiation, through dutiful appeasement of potential accusers, through submission to personal or intellectual authorities, or through an assertive bluffing behind which the individual hides his weaknesses and imperfections. In usurpation of parental authority and becomingan authority, just as in placating authority, the individual acts not only self-protectively but blame-avoidantly.We may say that guilt manifested in such traits as defensiveness, self-justification, and insecurity, involves an act of self-accusation, by which an individual becomes an invalidating parent to himself. It is in this act of self-opposition through which an individual becomes his or her own enemy, that I see the fixation proper of type VI, i.e., the cognitive defect that developed as a consequence of fear and has ended by becoming its root. Accusation is not only a type VI characteristic in regard to self, but also to others—perhaps through the operation of projection in the service of avoiding the torment of too much guilt. Not only does ennea-type VI persecute himself and feel persecuted, but also he is a suspicious and critical persecutor—and he may affirm his grandiosity precisely in view of the entitlement that it affords to pronounce judgment on others.
    more on defense mechanisms
    The close association between paranoid functioning and projection is so well established that Shapiro observes: “the mental operation or mechanism is so central to our understanding of paranoid pathology and symptoms that it has almost come to define what is called paranoid in psychiatry.”Though “projection” is a word that has been used with a variety of meanings, that which is appropriate in this context is that of attributing to others motives, feelings, or thoughts not acknowledged in oneself. In some cases (“super-ego projection”) it is self-accusation that is disowned, through the implicit pretense that punitive ill-will comes from an outer source (as is most striking in the persecutory delusions of psychotics). The sense of being watched, judged, and so on that is part of type VI suspiciousness can also be interpreted in terms of externalization: the mechanism of transferring an intra-personal event to an inter-personal relationship. In other instances, (“projection of the Id”) it is the person’s unaccepted impulses that are disowned and attributed to others, so that self-condemnation becomes the accusation of another.In either case, projection may be understood as a mental operation aimed at self-exculpation or blame-avoidance, and thus something in the nature of an escape valve for excessive guilt. The generation of such guilt—which I am proposing to regard the core of type VI psychology—may be understood in relation to the defense mechanism known as “identification with the aggressor.”The psyche of the coward is that which best embodies the meaning of “diabolus,” the devil: the adversary, the enemy. We may say that the ennea-type VI individual once sought to placate his enemies through becoming an enemy to himself. It is as if he thought to himself that it is prudent to adopt a self-accusing attitude, since in that way he will not run into trouble with authority. Self-accusation typically sees monstrosity where there is only nature, and to the extent that fear is part of the universal neurosis, we carry within us a Freudian Id filled with hostility and destructiveness. This imagining of monstrosity where there is potential spontaneity and the wisdom of the organism not only leads to self-inhibition, but is complicated by the fact that inhibition perpetuates the situation of not knowing oneself, which in turn makes the individual vulnerable to self-vilification.

additionally, Sexual 6 is an incredibly aggressive, reactive and defensive type. you are consistently calm, pretty much never lose your shit and lack the bravado and neuroticism of cp6.

if you think you have a strong 6 component, maybe 5w6 Sx/Sp (could also see 1w9 or 3w4 as possibilities)?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

who are

Quote Originally Posted by idk View Post
    Me because I still don't even know my type.
    Idk is a fantastic type.
    Likes idk liked this post