Results 6,151 to 6,160 of 6877

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    I could really see myself as ISFP.
    Gasp! You mean all those times I told you to get some Si I was actually being racist? For shame!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Gasp! You mean all those times I told you to get some Si I was actually being racist? For shame!
    How dare you pressure me to be a function I'm not!
    Likes Ghost, Punderstorm liked this post

In Line to the Throne Array Cloudpatrol's Avatar
    MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    You are probably going to piss them off but I don't see why that would be really danagerous.
    Telling me I am mistyped won’t piss me off. Less attached to ‘type badge” then: want to know how most effectively live.

@hel themightyfetus

I looked up ISFJ info to remind myself of the dynamics. There ARE some parallels to my person You both saw SOMEthing and that makes me curious. (Thrilling to be perceived as a “S” for the 1st time )

Still, SO many things that I don’t identify with and feel would require contortions to fit ‘that box’. My close friend has lived with an ISFJ girlfriend for 8 years and he feels we are VERRAH different. Here are my reasonings:

I do enjoy serving others, but I have stronger other motivations. I like making my own traditions, not following already established ones. I think the stability of social ranking should be questioned.

I am not overly humble (though I work on it). Am comfortable in the spotlight and not reserved (tho am shy at times in bizarre ways). I abhor mundane tasks unless I can myself view them as fun. Am NOT inspired by duty and am not always reliable if I don’t see the value.

I am not reluctant to change. I actively seek it! I don’t care for routine. Can easily tire of structure and stability except for special circumstances/people.

I place reduced value on conventional behaviour.

Having little time to prepare for something charges me up.

I don’t struggle with emotional expression and “letting physical actions” stand in for words seems foreign to me. So, I am not that way - but AM drawn to people - who are.

The ISFJ concept of dating and sex puzzles me. I prefer friendship sparked with sexual tension to formal, courteous planned dating. ISFJ’s attract free spirits - I AM a free spirit :P

I don’t find verbalizing a break-up difficult. I can’t even fathom viewing sex as a responsibility. Connection, pleasure, excitement, laughter, physical release, shared experience = yes. I am ok with making love AND sex. I understand how they can be one in the same > or different depending on the circumstances.

I don’t care for rules and don’t expect others to follow my ways. I enjoy give & take.

I often make friends on fun or random nights out. I went to a futbol game this week with a guy who I had met on the train the week before.

The career explanations did not resonate. I prefer to work alone. I do enjoy contributing to organization, harmony and finding resolutions. But, I want more than thanks. Financial compensation and career advancement matters to me in a very practical way.

I’ve never found it a challenge to find/keep a partner. I love improvisation and don’t find it difficult to chill - prefer easygoing atmospheres.

Family is important to me, but not more so than friends. I am not possessive. If you are my friend, it won’t be long before I introduce you to everyone else in my circle and am happy if you form your own friendships with each other. I prefer relaxed but clear expectations (talk when we can talk but if time passes just pick up again when convenient) and don’t like clinginess.

What do you two think?

breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    Telling me I am mistyped won’t piss me off. Less attached to ‘type badge” then: want to know how most effectively live.

@hel themightyfetus

I looked up ISFJ info to remind myself of the dynamics. There ARE some parallels to my person You both saw SOMEthing and that makes me curious. (Thrilling to be perceived as a “S” for the 1st time )

Still, SO many things that I don’t identify with and feel would require contortions to fit ‘that box’. My close friend has lived with an ISFJ girlfriend for 8 years and he feels we are VERRAH different. Here are my reasonings:

I do enjoy serving others, but I have stronger other motivations. I like making my own traditions, not following already established ones. I think the stability of social ranking should be questioned.

I am not overly humble (though I work on it). Am comfortable in the spotlight and not reserved (tho am shy at times in bizarre ways). I abhor mundane tasks unless I can myself view them as fun. Am NOT inspired by duty and am not always reliable if I don’t see the value.

I am not reluctant to change. I actively seek it! I don’t care for routine. Can easily tire of structure and stability except for special circumstances/people.

I don’t struggle with emotional expression and “letting physical actions” stand in for words seems foreign to me. So, I am not that way - but AM drawn to people - who are.

The ISFJ concept of dating and sex puzzles me. I prefer friendship sparked with sexual tension to formal, courteous planned dating. ISFJ’s attract free spirits - I AM a free spirit :P

I don’t find verbalizing a break-up difficult. I can’t even fathom viewing sex as a responsibility. Connection, pleasure, excitement, laughter, physical release, shared experience = yes. I am ok with making love AND sex. I understand how they can be one in the same > or different depending on the circumstances.

I don’t care for rules and don’t expect others to follow my ways. I enjoy give & take.

I often make friends on fun or random nights out. I went to a futbol game this week with a guy who I had met on the train the week before.

The career explanations did not resonate. I prefer to work alone. I do enjoy contributing to organization, harmony and finding resolutions. But, I want more than thanks. Financial compensation and career advancement matters to me in a very practical way.

I’ve never found it a challenge to find/keep a partner. I love improvisation and don’t find it difficult to chill - prefer easygoing atmospheres.

Family is important to me, but not more so than friends. I am not possessive. If you are my friend, it won’t be long before I introduce you to everyone else in my circle and am happy if you form your own friendships with each other. I prefer relaxed but clear expectations (talk when we can talk but if time passes just pick up again when convenient) and don’t like clinginess.

What do you two think?
    Not a ISFJ. But I never thought you could be.

However, I am getting a NFJ vibe.... I don't feel a lot of Fi in your answer. And INFPs have tert Si, so all those things you just used to push against being a Si dom have application here as well. And nothing in your answer seemed to push against being a Fe aux.

How do you feel about Ni and Fe? Do you relate to them at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Punderstorm liked this post

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post

@hel themightyfetus

I think making one's own traditions is a Si/Ne thing. Many ISFJs don't appreciate established traditions. (@21lux can help me out some if he wants...right?)

Now, this is a generalization--but I have always seen that INFPs are much less comfortable in the spotlight than ISFJs. Some ISFJs can pass as extroverts. But, beyond the generalizations. I'm not sure anybody would enjoy mundane tasks if they don't find them fun. The definition of enjoyment seems to be fun--at least in my book. ISFJs are not necessarily inspired by duty--they too have values and may not put all their heart into something they don't care about.

Hm, the aversion to change seems to be an ISxJ thing. So this may go against my conclusion.

Si does not always equal conventional behavior (as in traditional values and such).

This isn't the most ISxJ thing I've heard. So perhaps I am wrong again.

Wha? I have not ever heard this being attributed to ISFJs. If anything, I think Fi is less comfortable expressing itself than Fe by a long shot.

Hm, that seems to be a personal preference, or maybe a generational thing. Courteous, planned dating sounds kind of dry. Everybody wants connection and enjoyment. So friendship with sexual tension sounds hella more fun than two people politely smiling and sticking their pinkies out drinking weak tea. And as for the free spirit, well...it's certainly not in the stereotype, but Si is a Perceiving function. This is something to take into account.

Personal preference.

ISFJs are not so rigid that they expect others to follow them, I believe. Live and let live is very much a motto they could be attracted to.
    I don't really see this as an argument against ISFJ. Quite possibly an argument for it, actually. Making friends on a fun night out makes me lean towards Fe. Fe does stuff like that.

Bah, MBTI career explanations are sort of stupid, in my opinion. There's so much more that goes into finding a career. Any practical (a word that seems more attributed to ISFJs than INFPs for sure) person would care about financial compensation. I can't think of a person who would be perfectly happy just living on thanks all the time. Sure, some would prefer it (like myself), but never just alone. Thanks can't power a car or put food on the table.

Having trouble finding/keeping partners is not attributed to ISFJs. I've heard that more among ExxPs. As for easygoing atmospheres, I think that something common among IxFx types.

This of all things stuck out to me as Fe. Joining others, introducing others, forming connections with others naturally. This is Fe.

What do you two think?
    I hope this did not come off as abrasive. I'm not trying to shoot down your typing or pretend I know you better than you know yourself. But I would seriously consider ISFJ! Some of the things you've said didn't really line up, but the rest of your reasons really didn't go against it.

I'm also interested in why you identify as a 4, because none of this has struck me as that either...when I first met you, my thought was 2w1, and that may still be a possibility. But I don't want to completely bombard you on the Enneagram front either!
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

2 or 3/6w7/9w1

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

It makes me sad when people are averse to having their types questioned. It's like there's an attachment to the label (I've seen this more on PerC, but still).

I love when people question my type. Wish I was tagged more often here.

2 or 3/6w7/9w1

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLI Te

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    It makes me sad when people are averse to having their types questioned. It's like there's an attachment to the label (I've seen this more on PerC, but still).

I love when people question my type. Wish I was tagged more often here.
    same. what caused you to start thinking e over i?

In Line to the Throne Array Cloudpatrol's Avatar
    MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram

Nope, don't feel bombarded

These are good things to consider. I really appreciate your feedback (hug!) You made me sit up and take note!

I am not resistant to determining I am a different type (enneagram…). I have long been envious of “S” types and consider it an honour to even be considered! I have recently abandoned some ‘strong beliefs’ I’ve had since childhood and although scary, it’s also thrilling

Difficulty due to: finding myself in many type profiles! Thus, I find it best to winnow the overwhelmingly applicable characteristics down as much as possible. Also, to rely on that feeling of “having arrived home” when reading descriptions.

A frequent complaint of many friends (and even more so family) is that although they authentically know me, I am hard to pin down and know in a COMPLETE sense.

I definitely DID relate to some of ISFJ. Like seeing someone in a crowd who has remarkably similar physical features to me. When I read INFX descriptions, I feel like I am talking with old friends who ‘get me’.

Yes, I think INFP’s are more uncomfortable in the spotlight. My family background required me to ‘put on’ extroversion until I reached an age where I made the decision to take off the social mask. I have a background in theatre and performing (dance, singing in a band). My introversion level measures only slightly less than my extraversion. I feel these factors may play a part?

Interesting. I agree with you that the ‘emotional expression’ aspect seemingly contradicts Fi/Fe. Good point!

I do have a very practical/pragmatic side. I was not this way until I was married and saw in an intimate setting; HOW beneficial utilizing that way of thinking can be. I consciously made the effort - to adopt habits/ways of thinking that were opposite to myself but would serve me better - when rational or logical approach was appropriate.

I think I am even more so since my husband died and I do not want to ‘forget’ that influence. I know that isn’t traditionally associated with INFP and it has been bewildering for me when trying to make determinations also.

Having a chill and easygoing atmosphere is core to my life. I will base decisions (who to include more in my life, what to do for work, where to live…) based on this. I do NOT like drama, or things being written in stone.

So friendship with sexual tension sounds hella more fun than two people politely smiling and sticking their pinkies out drinking weak tea.

Ha! (laughs) I get what you are saying about personal preference. Even though dating is increasingly casual, I still know people who value a more traditional dating format. My 21-year-old cousin is currently planning a first-date for the girl he likes with flowers, a poem, dinner…the whole shebang. She is the kind that will eat that up ;D

I get that I am not socially a typical INFP at all & understand how this would make my type up for discussion.

I am very shy at times. I recently explained to @riva that if TypeC had a party I would go: enter the room confidently, want to meet everyone, dance and laugh. But, if a week later I saw someone who I had REALLY liked at the party…I would quickly scurry into a subway entrance until I knew they had passed. Even though I desperately WOULD want to talk to them

This doesn’t prevent me from direct communication because I favour honest interface MORE, but the shyness IS present.

I do see myself in 2 - just don’t feel those motivations and fears - MORE SO than the ones within 4.

It may not be as readily apparent because I reveal myself VERY slowly. I have been on public forum’s before and this is the first time I am williing/trying to truly speed up the rate of opening myself. I recognize that the benefit’s outweigh my desire to keep to self. It may seem like I ‘put it all out there’ but in actuality I am struggling to figure out the appropriate speed. Given it normally takes, a LOT of one-on-one interaction to go to those “other levels” with people.

I understand the 4’s desire for connection (stronger than my need to help & display love although those elements are also key!) and knowing self. Also, the fear that if people truly DO know you that they will reject you. Because they prefer the ‘easy breezy you’ to the darker side that can also be present.

{Even if one is not REALLY dark, BUT that side is in such contrast to the sunny and personable side. I have often had people tell me “You can’t be grumpy. You are ___(my name)____.” I value my ISTP so much because he lovingly forces me to ‘rant’ sometimes}.

I understand the ’lessons’ of a 4. I have had to learn that profound creativity doesn’t put always put food on the table. That I need to not take myself seriously. To question the ‘stories or beliefs’ I construct and remember to do it with humour. That I can be vulnerable but still open.

These have been arduous lessons for me to absorb. I am still working on it all so I don’t back-slide when under stress…

Now what? (smiles)
    Likes themightyfetus, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    same. what caused you to start thinking e over i?
    Hmm...recent events have made me feel a little more Fe-heavy. But I am young and possibly developing my auxiliary.

People have suggested ESFJ and I'm considering it. But I really don't know. I'm always considering new info and insights, I guess. It'll probably change by tomorrow or the next day.

Post number 2,000. I've been fucking waiting for this.

2 or 3/6w7/9w1

Hiro Dreams of Sushi Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

When I chatted with @Cloudpatrol on vent, nothing caught my attention that would suggest something other than INFP, though, I wasn't particularly thinking about her typing either. I just know we got along swimmingly and actually had much to agree on. The thing I noticed right off the bat though, is her interest in people, on a more conceptual/psychological level. Not an interest based on umm...daily happenings or the such, but I could see a similar vibe in how we spoke with one another. That is something I definitely see in my close ISFJ friends, in that they are definitely "people" people, but the conversation tends to remain in the more superficial, day-to-day chit chat. Not a slant against that, but those sorts of conversations tend to bore me if it doesn't progress towards something deeper or more conceptual.
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Punderstorm, geedoenfj liked this post