Results 6,031 to 6,040 of 6874

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    My intentions weren't to come across as demanding, but it seems like I have. I am sorry if I was disrespectful. It's not the side of me I wanted to show you, or how I want to the represented on the forums. I'm not all that bad, really.

I've just.. been in a bad rut.. and I don't know what possessed me to act the way I done yesterday.
    I clearly wasn't thinking my responses through clear enough.
    I feel bad for making you also feel like shit. It wasn't my intentions at all.

Yeah, I have heard that depression causes people to mis-type. I've also read the 'Was That Really Me?' book by Neiomi Quenk, and resonate a lot with Inferior Feeling (Fe and Fi), but also with some of the Inferior Ti points. This is one of the main reasons I am confused with my type is because a lot of people tend to say that finding your Inferior is the best way to find out your dominant function.

EDIT: Never mind, thank you for your opinion. Can we put the past in the past now?

I'm always for moving forward... but at the same time I want you to know that as far as I'm concerned nothing terrible has happened here. I meant it when I said...we all go through shit and at times behave in ways we are not especially proud of. There needs to be room for humans to be human (you did not make me feel like shit...only I can do that.)

My primary concern here is merely that you understand what's really going on...along with all of what's not going to change and improve once you've landed yourself an MBTI. I don't mind repeatedly typing others...but want you to maintain an awareness of your urgency and subsequent resistance to every suggestion merely because I think it's trying to tell you something.
    Flaming Uke
    Oakland booty

wants Mifune clone minion Array Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    6 is all about pleasing the authority. Those people disgust me when it becomes too excessive. Like Albert Camus said those who respect their captors are fools or something along those lines. And 6's naturally click with others. I have no friends irl. Virtually none. This is the place where I can sort of be myself, but even starting here felt tough.
    I'm pretty sure e6s are the most inclined to distrust and/or test authority- especially counterphobic e6 (I mean, that's the very CP e6 stereotype- someone senselessly and compulsively testing anything that remotely looks like "authority")- but I don't know about pleasing it. I think they're probably more about pleasing people who are genuinely important to them more than most types- loyalty is one of the e6 virtues (and honestly, it's something I deeply appreciate about the type ). But something tells me most e6 would disagree with that statement about pleasing authority though.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari
    Likes Hawthorne, FutureInProgress, MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I'm pretty sure e6s are the most inclined to distrust and/or test authority- especially counterphobic e6 (I mean, that's the very CP e6 stereotype- someone senselessly and compulsively testing anything that remotely looks like "authority")- but I don't know about pleasing it. I think they're probably more about pleasing people who are genuinely important to them more than most types- loyalty is one of the e6 virtues (and honestly, it's something I deeply appreciate about the type ). But something tells me most e6 would disagree with that statement about pleasing authority though.
    @Forever

Seconding this. Six's anxiety is supposedly the result of "wanting something/someone to trust and believe in" but "struggling to find it worthy". Once they do find something, they latch on to it with ferocity because it becomes the foundation of their stability. Thus Six's particular brand of loyalty.

Phobia/counterphobia describes the two primary ways a six can react to that anxiety. The first is involves near-compulsive avoidance of the triggers of their anxieties. The second involves near-compulsive confrontation of the triggers or outright rejection of the anxiety itself. If we're going to utilize stereotypes, I would argue that cp6 is *the* type of the Rebel.
    Likes Z Buck McFate, MDP2525 liked this post

Post 0101010101010101010101010

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I'm always for moving forward... but at the same time I want you to know that as far as I'm concerned nothing terrible has happened here. I meant it when I said...we all go through shit and at times behave in ways we are not especially proud of. There needs to be room for humans to be human (you did not make me feel like shit...only I can do that.)

My primary concern here is merely that you understand what's really going on...along with all of what's not going to change and improve once you've landed yourself an MBTI. I don't mind repeatedly typing others...but want you to maintain an awareness of your urgency and subsequent resistance to every suggestion merely because I think it's trying to tell you something.
    I'm glad that nothing horrible has happened. But sometimes it's hard for people to be a human in this society as opposed to a robot, or some beast. Modern society moves too fast sometimes. And we just forget we have lives and families and our own sense of being sometimes.

I know that certain things aren't going to change once I get an MBTI type I am happy with, and that my issues are something I have to work on, and aren't magically gonna dissappear overnight. I know I am the only catalyst for real change within my life, and the only one with the power to move myself forward in life.

And I realise that MBTI isn't all about ME; that the system wasn't built for me, or for me to abuse, and that there are no right or wrong answers on type, and that it's a matter of subjectivity. Like I said, I got carried away and was in a bad place the other night.

Yes, I should have handled it better. I did disagree with some of your points, but I shouldn't have disagreed in that manner, but thank you for your suggestions.

I am going to point out why I am not certain of Pe-Dom in general (to yourself, and to other members, and maybe some of you could help me shed some light on my typing situation or lead me to some resources which might):

1. A lot of people on this forum, and other forums have suggested that I use a lot of Te in general. (Again, this might have something to do with being 'in the loop', or developing it, but I just want to point that out. This is where I need advice within regards to my type).

2. My enneagram type. This could be another reason why I seem to come across as J-ish to a lot of people. I have a strong presence of 8 and type 8 is generally associated with ExTJ types a lot more than is associated with Pe types.

3. My current course. Within my current music course, we use a lot of Te and Ti in our classes, as well as our assignments. Yes, my T side does come quite naturally to me, but sometimes it's overwhelming when I overwork it.

4. I am quite an imaginative person, and can put my imagination and my visions to good use (well developed N for my age?) most of the time, and turn it into something. Sometimes I do have idle days where I just procrastinate and nothing comes off anything.

5. I have been quite demotivated and depressed as of late. I haven't been doing much and I know I have to get out of this funk I'm in. But I do also think that this is a chance to progress and develop as a person, in finding a release and outlet for myself to become a better person.
    Likes Starry liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    @Forever

Seconding this. Six's anxiety is supposedly the result of "wanting something/someone to trust and believe in" but "struggling to find it worthy". Once they do find something, they latch on to it with ferocity because it becomes the foundation of their stability. Thus Six's particular brand of loyalty.

Phobia/counterphobia describes the two primary ways a six can react to that anxiety. The first is involves near-compulsive avoidance of the triggers of their anxieties. The second involves near-compulsive confrontation of the triggers or outright rejection of the anxiety itself. If we're going utilize stereotypes, I would argue that cp6 is *the* type of the Rebel.
    Um... If you guys are just clarifying what a 6 is I mean that's great. But I don't see myself as the loyalist or rebel lol. I always felt I was my own person. Sure there's the infj stereotype that they fight for a cause and everything.

Personally I have no beef with any of the mods. I am not someone who tries to make the mods here struggle in any way. Are you saying my way of posting funny pictures and gifs is a cp6 thing to do. Lol?

While I may talk with some of the mods I'm not necessarily kissing their ass and I'm no mod either. You think if I really supported typology central as something great, I'd be swearing or doing some fluff posts? No. I'm not rebelling against it either. I'm being me.

What about the Evee love? Evee ain't a group. I didn't like everybody he liked for sure and we had opposite opinions. But you say I was loyal to him right? the loyalty I had for him was entirely irrational so you're like so you're a 6. But to name a whole enneatype off a few loyalties doesn't work well. And even though me and Evee aren't friends anymore is it like I'm seething his death/still seeking his friendship? No.

Me as a missionary? Yeah I wanted to be a missionary because if I was going to be stuck with Mormons for years to come I might as well do what other members are doing there and when I got to the mission once I found out what was wrong there I tried to leave but I feel guilt super easily like I said, like the feelings were so overwhelming I felt inferior. But to continue to serve wasn't out of duty. Anyway anymore of this is irrelevant for the story.

And merely saying you like 6's doesn't make me a 6. You think if I chose a type to be liked, you think I would've stuck as an INFJ? No!

But if you feel so strongly that's who I am and you like me that's cool but I'm kind of a bit annoyed you go confirmation bias on me and skip anything I said about 4.

wants Mifune clone minion Array Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Um... If you guys are just clarifying what a 6 is I mean that's great.
    Yeah, I'm clarifying something about 6. It's actually kind of a big point (e6s and trusting authority), so it seemed worth clarifying.

Like I said before, none of this is intended as arguing a type for you specifically- I don't begin to have enough experience of you to have an opinion there. (I did then make a comment about how the next part of your response sounded 6ish, so I can understand the confusion - but yeah, none of what I'm saying is intended to be about you specifically.)
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post

Yeah, I'm clarifying something about 6. It's actually kind of a big point (e6s and trusting authority), so it seemed worth clarifying.

Like I said before, none of this is intended as arguing a type for you specifically- I don't begin to have enough experience of you to have an opinion there. (I did then make a comment about how the next part of your response sounded 6ish, so I can understand the confusion - but yeah, none of what I'm saying is intended to be about you specifically.)
    Alright I'm fine with that then. I'm okay with being wrong or admitting I'm not understanding things crystal clear so thank you for that. I believe you may know well know enough how you should try to type me should you feel so in any point of the future. I will try best to see some things I have in common with said enneatype and of course what may not be in common if any with that enneatype you mention.

I will say I believe that everyone has all 9 points in them in differing degrees but the core type is what you struggle/relate to the most.

Thank you though!

Likes Z Buck McFate liked this post

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

@Forever: I could see you as a 4.I don't really see the 6 in you. The reactivity can also be a 4ish trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    @Forever: I could see you as a 4.I don't really see the 6 in you. The reactivity can also be a 4ish trait.
    Thank you! I think what can be mistaken as 6cp is really dominant Ni as it doesn't think the way the rest of the world does. That along with inferior Se produces a very peculiar type.

I don't think 4's have to have a dark past to be a 4 that sounds stupid it's more of what an 8 would have imo because of their aggression and control for power.

I think the 4 can irrationally hate themselves but it's nothing dark. Lol and more like perceived darkness rather than actual darkness. From trying to be very objective of myself none of my actions are inherently evil even though subjectively it comes to me that way.

INFJ's want to look like ISFP's talk like INTP's and be like INTJ's. It's so funny lol. The last one is debatable I believe you could substitute ISTP, ESTP, ENFJ. Idk but for me it's an ESTP/INTJ.

Likes Legion liked this post

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Thank you! I think what can be mistaken as 6cp is really dominant Ni as it doesn't think the way the rest of the world does. That along with inferior Se produces a very peculiar type.

I don't think 4's have to have a dark past to be a 4 that sounds stupid it's more of what an 8 would have imo because of their aggression and control for power.

I think the 4 can irrationally hate themselves but it's nothing dark. Lol and more like perceived darkness rather than actual darkness. From trying to be very objective of myself none of my actions are inherently evil even though subjectively it comes to me that way.

INFJ's want to look like ISFP's talk like INTP's and be like INTJ's. It's so funny lol. The last one is debatable I believe you could substitute ISTP, ESTP, ENFJ. Idk but for me it's an ESTP/INTJ.
    Ha. I don't think all 4s are necessarily dark.... I would say more angsty, moody, and somewhat reactive.