• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
We communicate using Te, hence what you see there.

Based on your claim of your internal state, you may be one of us and not one of them.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
just personal opinions, folks:

betaswimmer: ENTJ
blackmail: not ENTP. some kind of NF
elfinchild (i think that's his/her name): not NT. some kind of NF
nocapszy: ENTJ

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We communicate using Te, hence what you see there.

Based on your claim of your internal state, you may be one of us and not one of them.
INTPs communicate with Ti, but there is plenty of Ne in evidence at INTPc.

There wouldn't be any play at all otherwise.

I have to hunt for Ni at INTJf.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Except in my dealings with INTPs (and there's been a lot over the years at INTPc) you rarely get this.

This is why MBTI theory breaks down. INTPs are supposed to have rigid internal frameworks cause of Ti. Instead they have fuzzy ones, and pathologically refuse to limit/reject alternatives. You have to hit upon a deep principle to get any good pushback.

Yes this is my point. INTP's are the most rigid when you talk about something they really care about, i.e. an idea they've invested a lot of time developing. But with most topics they don't really care enough about to put up much resistance and prefer to examine the idea from every angle before reaching a conclusion. With BlueWing most of his posts are responses to these long threads that he's started. So most of the things he talks about are ideas that he's invested quite a bit into. And he doesn't really budge at all.

INTJ's on the other hand appear more rigid than they really are. They can seem rigid even on things they don't really care about. In reality if you point out where they're wrong they usually change, but they might not realize that they have changed. They might even keep arguing with you not realizing that they are now arguing your points. INTJ's can budge quite a bit, but give the impression that they don't.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I3) BlueWing is an INTP. In fact he's almost a caricature of an INTP since he has overdeveloped Ti and underdeveloped Ne. Here is the thing about INTP's. If they spend a lot of effort on developing an idea then they will not budge. Many INTP's will seem like they are listening and humor your arguments, but internally they are still rejecting your ideas regardless of how good they are.

INTJ's are a bit different. If you catch an INTJ in an argument, then they will switch their positions and often not realize that they switched. For an INTJ friend of mine whenever we'd point out what his argument should be, he'd reply "That's what I'm saying!" We'd then counter, "No that is the exact opposite of what you are saying." INTP's on the other hand never lose sight of their argument. That is why they are sometimes called "The Architect". INTP's build these rigid elaborate mental frameworks, and then they don't want to budge if they've put a lot of energy into one. BlueWing always sticks to his original argument and never budges regardless of how good a point you make. That is why he is INTP.

Not much to say besides yup...Bluewing is indeed an INTP

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
INTPs communicate with Ti, but there is plenty of Ne in evidence at INTPc.
You are incorrect, sir. Ti should not be the primary displayed trait, as it's not outward-facing. The real INTPs are like Martoon and Ferrus. The main thing I see at INTPc is Se, while the main thing you see at INTJf is Te.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
You are incorrect, sir. Ti should not be the primary displayed trait, as it's not outward-facing. The real INTPs are like Martoon and Ferrus. The main thing I see at INTPc is Se, while the main thing you see at INTJf is Te.

Challenge!:duel:

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I should have included OMW, who is another prime example.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7

Do you mean Ne or is this implying that INTPc is filled with a bunch of INTP-wannabe Artisans? :devil:
I don't see why Artisans would want to be INTP's though.
Artisans tend to do better with the opposite sex- at least in terms of Artisan males.

Didums

This is interesting, whether to take in one's own assestment of their Type over the people who know them over the interwebs.. or vice-versa. To say to take each one's assestment 50/50 would be a middle ground fallacy so I'm not sure what to think.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Interesting. You declined my original offer. I do wonder what changed your mind.

you've lost me.

edit: oh, i remember. just changed my mind, that's all. no big mystery or reason. actually, i didn't even remember that i'd said that before. i was just going with the flow of the conversation, you J!

NoahFence

MBTI Type
INTP
Well I'm hardly a Guru on this stuff but my impression of S'hhorrss has always been INTJ. I have a fundamental lack of need for structure when contemplating anything. Fuzzy is too light a word I think...mushy, or nebulous are better. I excel at freeform, abstract thought... thinking of strange, unexpected answers is a delight to me even if they are utterly useless to the question at hand.

Bluewing never seems to just...well...mentally jack off, for lack of a better term. Whereas that's about all I ever do. I know it may seem to some like that's what he does but...well...look, can you picture him coming up with some shit like the Cult of Five Four Chick tract? Everything he does is so, purposeful? Deliberate? I don't know how to say it. Structured, but that word lacks all flavor...it's the basic need, almost desperation for structure I sense in his writing and all my dealings with him that is so weirdly alien to me.

But on the gripping hand, it's the lists. He worships lists, people. J.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
BW lacks N IMO...he doesn't strike me as a very creative person.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
you've lost me.

edit: oh, i remember. just changed my mind, that's all. no big mystery or reason. actually, i didn't even remember that i'd said that before. i was just going with the flow of the conversation, you J!

Clever, but I was using sarcasm, you S.

:D

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
what crazy ass dictionary are you using?

Usehername

On a mission
I'm in a curious mood and have officially opened the floor to invite other people's perceptions of me.

:D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't question other people's types I have never met, but if I feel I relate to someone in a certain way, I begin to question my own type. So instead of me going is blah really woodywoohoodoo and not yaddyyahblahwahoof? I'm going am I a yaddyyahblahawhoof and not a woodywoohoodoo?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't question other people's types I have never met, but if I feel I relate to someone in a certain way, I begin to question my own type. So instead of me going is blah really woodywoohoodoo and not yaddyyahblahwahoof? I'm going am I a yaddyyahblahawhoof and woodywoohoodoo?

I admit that I haven't talked to you that much, but even from our limited conversations, I'm pretty confident that you're a yaddyyahblahawhoof.