User Tag List

First 84484534574582583584585586594634684 Last

Results 5,831 to 5,840 of 7141

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    *easy rider*

Life is a journey and there's really no getting around that. I think 9w8s show us how to embrace this fact by cutting their own path unapologetically.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes asynartetic, Starry, Cellmold liked this post

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    That is me, isn't it? :p

I do know we have certain things in common, but I don't know that we really share a personality. It's really hard for me to type someone without observing how they interact with others irl.

As far as emotionality goes, this isn't exclusively an F trait. Ts can most certainly be sentimental, depressive, neurotic, etc.

I don't know what an "ISTJ vibe" is supposed to look like anyway. Overly serious? Hank Hill? ISTJ is one of the most common types, and there obviously aren't that many Hank Hills out there. Maybe I am mistyped, sure, but any type is more diverse than their extremes. I dunno if that sentence made any sense...

I will admit I've never identified much with Te though (or a majority of the functions for that matter). I have my own reasons for self-typing as ISTJ, but I didn't look at the functions much to do so.

At any rate, do I think Frosty is an ISTJ? Well, no. But I don't know her (or any of you) irl.
    Yes! I couldn't remember you username, well done for spotting the post. It's all just speculation and stereotyping. When people ask to be typed is really the only time I ever get involved. I tend to think most people know themselves best and go with their self typing.

Edit: to clarify I wasn't saying you are not an ISTJ, you may be, honestly I don't know, if it's the type you feel fits you best then i'll go with that. I was more saying that you didn't come across as an obvious ISTJ and that it had been discussed, even by yourself.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

I have that who song stuck in my head because of the seeker archetype

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=the+who+th...ai=UAbzlj3nf4E
    Likes Starry liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Do you think my 9ness is related to a need to argue/debate and correct people when I feel they speak errors of truth? Is that related to the 8 wing, or is that the 6 fix popping its ugly little head out? Maybe that need isn't as apparent in my forum interactions, but I can certainly feel it under the surface, gnawing at me.

Oh it's a whole buncha stuff haha

Fi dominance, 8 wing, counterphobia <-just that alone is a recipe for "right-fighting"

*imo
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Yes! I couldn't remember you username, well done for spotting the post. It's all just speculation and stereotyping. When people ask to be typed is really the only time I ever get involved. I tend to think most people know themselves best and go with their self typing.

Edit: to clarify I wasn't saying you are not an ISTJ, you may be, honestly I don't know, if it's the type you feel fits you best then i'll go with that. I was more saying that you didn't come across as an obvious ISTJ and that it had been discussed, even by yourself.
    Going back to the recent SJ publicity work of @themightyfetus and @21lux, perhaps @/DG/ doesn't come across as a typical ISTJ because the ISTJ stereotype range is so limited? Even on this forum there are those who seem to believe procrastination goes against being a J, displays of emotion against being a T, and a thirst for knowledge and novelty against being an S.
    Likes yama, themightyfetus liked this post

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I don't think that you really understand Se (like way too many people who talk about MBTI )

it's more fleeting than a storage function for things in a way... and it's hard to even perceive if you are using your dominant function most of the time because it's so natural and such a part of how you do things. The functions of an ESTP mean that, at times, you can just KNOW things about your environment... you don't even necessarily remember looking at the object in question, but you know that it's there and what state it's in... and you know the implications of all of that... using the functions of an ESTP together well you can process data from your surroundings and your mind quickly enough that you don't even realize that you're doing it which is why acting quickly and decisively is associated with the type (and it's a mistake to associate the type with concrete abilities... I'm kind of shit at many things that one would stereotype me as being awesome at this includes being somewhat oblivious to things like walls, injury prone and clumsy and I do have an imagination and interest in non-concrete things). No function is stand alone and to try and figure out your type by looking at them as individual things is like fighting with seaweed

not telling you that you are one, but I AM telling you that your perceptions of the type seem a bit stereotypical and off
    Is Se the function that makes me good at playing bass (well, good back when I played regularly) or like, when I spacing out one time in P.E. class (which was most of the time), but then someone tossed the basketball at me and I reflexively caught it and proceeded to toss it directly in the net (bear in mind I always was clumsy as fuck at sports)?

I also have really good damn rhythm (for a white boy), like, keeping a beat...to the point where if I'm singing along with a song in my head and leave the room for a few seconds but continue singing in my head, then return to where the music is audible, I am exactly in time with the song. Also good ear for learning a song. Can't read notation for shit, but I can listen to a song and figure out the notes or chords relatively fast (really good at this with bass, somewhat less so with guitar or keyboard).

Am I misunderstanding Se? or

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Is Se the function that makes me good at playing bass (well, good back when I played regularly) or like, when I spacing out one time in P.E. class (which was most of the time), but then someone tossed the basketball at me and I reflexively caught it and proceeded to toss it directly in the net (bear in mind I always was clumsy as fuck at sports)?

I also have really good damn rhythm (for a white boy), like, keeping a beat...to the point where if I'm singing along with a song in my head and leave the room for a few seconds but continue singing in my head, then return to where the music is audible, I am exactly in time with the song. Also good ear for learning a song. Can't read notation for shit, but I can listen to a song and figure out the notes or chords relatively fast (really good at this with bass, somewhat less so with guitar or keyboard).

Am I misunderstanding Se? or
    as Se is the function that takes in information from your environment for your other introverted functions to play with and process, it seems as though you're getting the hang of Se there

note: NOBODY is completely without Se, no matter what they claim
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    Fascinating conversation. Interested in hearing others opinions on the matter.
    How does it feel to have ESTJ listed under your name? I couldn't even pretend to be ENTP when I listed it as mine for like, a day lol. It just didn't sit right for me, and that's not even based off relating to any typical descriptions for the type either, but on a functional basis.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    as Se is the function that takes in information from your environment for your other introverted functions to play with and process, it seems as though you're getting the hang of Se there

note: NOBODY is completely without Se, no matter what they claim
    I feel Se comes out in me when I'm out in nature. It's amazing to take in the scenery. Though, I feel Ne is thrown into the mix, I definitely feel that's where it's most evident for me
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    How does it feel to have ESTJ listed under your name? I couldn't even pretend to be ENTP when I listed it as mine for like, a day lol. It just didn't sit right for me, and that's not even based off relating to any typical descriptions for the type either, but on a functional basis.
    It makes me feel complete. I finally have a label that fits me perfectly. Never pretend to be someone you're not, Dreamer. Always be true to yourself.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description
    Likes Dreamer liked this post