User Tag List

Page 583 of 701 FirstFirst ... 83483533573581582583584585593633683 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 7009

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

  1. #5821
    Senior Member Array Eskimo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    6,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    When you say "check me out" ...is that just another way of saying "provide me with a tritype description"...?


    I'll be honest and say it's not the most flattering of tritypes...you won't like it...I expect both you and your fellow 469 @Frosty to reject it... But then again that's just what Seekers do on their extended journey back to who they truly are
    Actually, this is one of the only typings that I really am pretty sure on for myself. Come to terms with it-with the tritype that tells me that I can never come to terms.

    It just for me would be hard to argue for any movement anywhere else really-any shift of any fix at all. The seeker seems solidly 'me'.

    Which is fix first is really what I am struggling with-if anything-and yeah probably there is an anything, so yeah I probably and know that I am constantly turning over that in my mind- but the tritype itself... Well it has wormed its way in. And I don't hate it. I don't love it. It just 'is'.

    Mbti socionics and even instincts play by something different to me than 'tritype'-for whatever reason... Perhaps because they seem more definite, technical, and unmoving. But really tritype is the same at some point so... again.

  2. #5822
    Shame as Lit Array Anaximander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    7,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Actually, this is one of the only typings that I really am pretty sure on for myself. Come to terms with it-with the tritype that tells me that I can never come to terms.

    It just for me would be hard to argue for any movement anywhere else really-any shift of any fix at all. The seeker seems solidly 'me'.

    Which is fix first is really what I am struggling with-if anything-and yeah probably there is an anything, so yeah I probably and know that I am constantly turning over that in my mind- but the tritype itself... Well it has wormed its way in. And I don't hate it. I don't love it. It just 'is'.

    Mbti socionics and even instincts play by something different to me than 'tritype'-for whatever reason... Perhaps because they seem more definite, technical, and unmoving. But really tritype is the same at some point so... again.
    The thought of constantly seeking is...kind of depressing to me. One would never find closure or journey's end, because by their very nature, the seeker would need to keep moving and looking for their true destination. All in the metaphorical sense, not meaning physical travel, necessarily. However, the thought of finding the endpoint is also depressing. What would be left to do and learn? Then there would be no point in existing, and the best thing would be to fade or dissolve away...
    Likes N/A liked this post

  3. #5823
    Senior Member Array Eskimo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    6,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    The thought of constantly seeking is...kind of depressing to me. One would never find closure or journey's end, because by their very nature, the seeker would need to keep moving and looking for their true destination. All in the metaphorical sense, not meaning physical travel, necessarily. However, the thought of finding the endpoint is also depressing. What would be left to do and learn? Then there would be no point in existing, and the best thing would be to fade or dissolve away...
    Exactly. I always felt that... We had similar outlooks on things at times. My thoughts tend to circulate and just sort of stack-to the point where I want to run away from them... But also just am so interested-needing-compelled-to follow them through just in case I miss something-because they constantly tease me that I AM missin something-that every conclusion I come to, no matter how right- has endless flipsides of wrong. So yeah, that uncertainty is painful. And the guilt at that uncertainty... Why can't I ever just STOP and let things BE? Truly BE. Is painful. Feels like a disservice and yeah, it does bring shame in so many forms. But I can't just forget. Because if I forget... I just... I don't think I could- because something always always would be tugging at me itching me to 'remember'-remember that nothing really can be forgotten and that everything has ENDLESS shades of meaning-not all of them pleasant-but all potentially valid. And that can't be ignored. Because it is THERE. It exists. And it is fascinatingly painful.

    Right now though... Definitely leaning MUCH more to acknowledging the painful. It really really just is not something that I CAN'T do. No matter how much I wish for it to stop. Thankfully-it is in better control now. Muted.

    And some of the psych shit does not really feel tied to any actual thought process at all-I would say... 'Most' of it just attacks-or feels like it attacks-from elsewhere- in a way where there is no consciousness from my self to it-only thing to do is fight. But not sure that is related to tritype or just chemical imbalances or something.
    Likes Anaximander liked this post

  4. #5824
    Shame as Lit Array Anaximander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    7,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Exactly. I always felt that... We had similar outlooks on things at times. My thoughts tend to circulate and just sort of stack-to the point where I want to run away from them... But also just am so interested-needing-compelled-to follow them through just in case I miss something-because they constantly tease me that I AM missin something-that every conclusion I come to, no matter how right- has endless flipsides of wrong. So yeah, that uncertainty is painful. And the guilt at that uncertainty... Why can't I ever just STOP and let things BE? Truly BE. Is painful. Feels like a disservice and yeah, it does bring shame in so many forms. But I can't just forget. Because if I forget... I just... I don't think I could- because something always always would be tugging at me itching me to 'remember'-remember that nothing really can be forgotten and that everything has ENDLESS shades of meaning-not all of them pleasant-but all potentially valid. And that can't be ignored. Because it is THERE. It exists. And it is fascinatingly painful.

    Right now though... Definitely leaning MUCH more to acknowledging the painful. It really really just is not something that I CAN'T do. No matter how much I wish for it to stop. Thankfully-it is in better control now. Muted.

    And some of the psych shit does not really feel tied to any actual thought process at all-I would say... 'Most' of it just attacks-or feels like it attacks-from elsewhere- in a way where there is no consciousness from my self to it-only thing to do is fight. But not sure that is related to tritype or just chemical imbalances or something.
    right.

    step 1) introspect, contemplate, ruminate
    step 2) come to a realization. "a ha I have it all figured out! I feel whole. I have discovered my nature."
    step 3) introspect more about new found self-awareness, analyze, ruminate more.. "then again, there's also this facet that I failed to consider. How does that line up with what I've learned? Have I really considered all angles or perspectives of what I thought I knew?"
    step 4) begin to doubt previous truths and awarenesses, introspect more, return to where I began. rinse, wash, repeat.

    It's like this with everything. Not just self-analysis. I mean, maybe it's different for you, I can't read your mind, but I find myself going in these circles with everything.
    Likes N/A liked this post

  5. #5825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    *nods emphatically*
    In some people, there is literally no distinction.
    It's hard wired into them to be consistent within their personalities.

  6. #5826
    Senior Member Array Eskimo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    6,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    right.

    step 1) introspect, contemplate, ruminate
    step 2) come to a realization. "a ha I have it all figured out! I feel whole. I have discovered my nature."
    step 3) introspect more about new found self-awareness, analyze, ruminate more.. "then again, there's also this facet that I failed to consider. How does that line up with what I've learned? Have I really considered all angles or perspectives of what I thought I knew?"
    step 4) begin to doubt previous truths and awarenesses, introspect more, return to where I began. rinse, wash, repeat.

    It's like this with everything. Not just self-analysis. I mean, maybe it's different for you, I can't read your mind, but I find myself going in these circles with everything.
    Yes same with me, everything. I think it is why I can come off sort of... Confusingly at times. And why I have a very difficult time being direct. Because I really just do not want to deal with absolutes-it is very hard for me to consider them to exist in the first place---everything starts and eds with a 'but what if this...' And a 'you have to include this alternative otherwise the idea is incomplete' so explaining things can be... Can cause a bit of stumbling. Partially uncertainty and insecurity... But it is hard to be 'secure' when you feel like you are grasping at some sort of awareness... But that it is always just a fraction out of reach-continuously moving so.

    But yes... EVERYTHING.

    It is why I refuse to proof-read. It would legitimately be hell for me, going through every point and watching and needing to expand further on it-adding more and more layers. Nothing would ever get done-nothing-ever- so I have had to learn to accept what I view as incomplete as complete. Was a bit of a perfectionist as a kid-now it is sort of a switch I turn on and-generally off. Painful all or nothings. Painful pseudo choosing. Detatchment becomes a necessity-until it cannot be anymore. Floating until forcefully seized. Like now. Dramatic sigh.

    We need our own thread.

    Im making it.
    Likes Anaximander liked this post

  7. #5827
    Intentionally Clementine Array Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Why won't I like it? You think I'm a core 4? Something is off or missing about 469 profiles. It's a tritype I've considered before. I'm not trying to be argumentative. There's just some unsettling doubt about it.

    Argumentative haha. Not at all. The only thing I see above are *questions* which is as it should be.

    I just wanted to quickly say at this time that I do not think you are a core 4...I believe you are as 9 as they come...it's merely that tritypes are packaged numerically and I guess left up to the buyer to sort it all out. I feel good about this tritype for you but don't know if I would say 946 or 964... I also maintain an ongoing awareness that this is merely my opinion from a distance and perhaps you are none of it at all. (let's start telling people we are perfect 10s on the enneagram and analyze the responses we get for science).

    I like the questions part. And as for your other post... ISXP 9w8 can be extraordinarily rebellious and/or counter-culture... *easy rider*
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور
    Likes Anaximander liked this post

  8. #5828
    Shame as Lit Array Anaximander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    7,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Argumentative haha. Not at all. The only thing I see above are *questions* which is as it should be.

    I just wanted to quickly say at this time that I do not think you are a core 4...I believe you are as 9 as they come...it's merely that tritypes are packaged numerically and I guess left up to the buyer to sort it all out. I feel good about this tritype for you but don't know if I would say 946 or 964... I also maintain an ongoing awareness that this is merely my opinion from a distance and perhaps you are none of it at all. (let's start telling people we are perfect 10s on the enneagram and analyze the responses we get for science).

    I like the questions part. And as for your other post... ISXP 9w8 can be extraordinarily rebellious and/or counter-culture... *easy rider*
    Likes Starry liked this post

  9. #5829
    Intentionally Clementine Array Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    The thought of constantly seeking is...kind of depressing the very essence of freedom to me.
    *easy rider*

    Life is a journey and there's really no getting around that. I think 9w8s show us how to embrace this fact by cutting their own path unapologetically.
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور
    Likes Anaximander, N/A liked this post

  10. #5830
    Shame as Lit Array Anaximander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    7,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    *easy rider*

    Life is a journey and there's really no getting around that. I think 9w8s show us how to embrace this fact by cutting their own path unapologetically.
    Do you think my 9ness is related to a need to argue/debate and correct people when I feel they speak errors of truth? Is that related to the 8 wing, or is that the 6 fix popping its ugly little head out? Maybe that need isn't as apparent in my forum interactions, but I can certainly feel it under the surface, gnawing at me.

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6674
    Last Post: 03-23-2017, 07:19 PM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  3. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •