• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you look down on INFPs as your misguided little brothers and sisters?

Why would you think that?

...Okay, yeah that was a question in response to a question. I think the answer is no. I've admittedly had many frustrating experiences with INFPs, though, and it probably doesn't help that my mother is one of them. Me and my brothers have sometimes joked about the characteristic mistakes and weaknesses of INFPs, which are at once so amusing, but so troubling. That being said, I think I get along with INFPs more than most types, and while they are flawed in their own way, they are merited in their own way as well. So is every other type. In general, I tend to think there isn't much grounds for trying to create a linear pecking order among types, like BlueWing does.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You're INFP then imo.

The INTP/INFP dynamic is that each sees the other as "Doing it wrong" whenever making a decision. There's an inherent disrespect, which is unavoidable if both people are being themselves. Each puts the other on a slightly lower level.

There is no linear pecking order, but there are characteristic relations between types.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're INFP then imo.

The INTP/INFP dynamic is that each sees the other as "Doing it wrong" whenever making a decision. There's an inherent disrespect, which is unavoidable if both people are being themselves. Each puts the other on a slightly lower level.

There is no linear pecking order, but there are characteristic relations between types.

So you're saying that because I didn't spend that post putting INFPs down, I must be an INFP myself?

I don't see INTPs as doing things wrong either. Now what? If INFPs and INTPs regard each other as ineffective, misguided, or just error prone, but I regard neither type as those things, what does that make me?

(over all, I have to disagree anyway, as I doubt the interaction between types has such a simplistically predictable nature).

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
If you think you have certain strong F traits but also identify with INTPs more, why not settle with the INxP label?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you see neither as misguided, you could be INFJ.

Hah. Well I saw that one coming. Funny how as soon as people step outside of INxP, they always want to say I'm an INFJ. Though I remember that some time before it became trendy to start calling me an F, a handful of people kept suggesting that I was actually INTJ.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you think you have certain strong F traits but also identify with INTPs more, why not settle with the INxP label?

I've put that idea forward before. I just kind of think that's silly. Besides, I'm not uncertain about my type, which is what that implies. Instead I'd a simple for specifically indicating that I know that I am balanced on that continuum. I never did conclude that I was too Feeling to be a T, though.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Hah. Well I saw that one coming.
That's just your Ni acting up, lol.
Funny how as soon as people step outside of INxP, they always want to say I'm an INFJ. Though I remember that some time before it became trendy to start calling me an F, a handful of people kept suggesting that I was actually INTJ.
Could be INTJ too, I suppose, but I do get the Feeling-Judgment vibe (The reason I suggested INFP to begin with).

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Let's just say MP is an ESFP.

That should adequately bewilder any newcomers. What do you think?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Holy shit- the sponge has spawned PAGES while I was away! :shock:

I'd say that Mr. Spongie is rather well balanced, but he gets compared to some of the more extreme members here and they assume that he is in "the other camp".

Balance is a good thing- it just confuses those who seem to prefer it all black and white.

:)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Could be INTJ too, I suppose, but I do get the Feeling-Judgment vibe (The reason I suggested INFP to begin with).

INFJ implies far too much Fe. I am more likely an INFP than an INFJ.

Let's just say MP is an ESFP.

That should adequately bewilder any newcomers. What do you think?

If I wanted to do something like that, I would have thrown off this label a long time ago. I think I'd have more fun with it than that, too.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
If you're sure of INTP, so be it. If you're not sure, I recommend analyzing your feelings on other INTPs and INFPs further, and if you're either, you may find that you "don't get" one type more than the other, making you the other.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
If you're sure of INTP, so be it. If you're not sure, I recommend analyzing your feelings on other INTPs and INFPs further, and if you're either, you may find that you "don't get" one type more than the other, making you the other.

You're an INFP.

Magic Thingy is an INTJ.

Done.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Wait, so why is it exactly that so many people here think that Magic Poriferan is an NF of some sort? I feel like I'm missing something.