User Tag List

First 848565758596068108158558 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    And by "feelings", I mean that you seem to be incredibly defensive and take neutral or relatively benign opinions/statements, personally.

I am guilty of this too, but then again, I am an NF!
    *thwaps you with a newspaper*

*thwaps self with newspaper three times*

Well, if it is any consolation to yee NFs, this sensitivity works both ways.

Feeling.. the thorn in my side, the flutter in my heart.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well, here's what's interesting.

You and I have disagreed in several threads on several different topics recently, yet it has been *you* not I, who has taken to personally criticizing me, i.e. engaging in/committing an ad hominum abusive, rather than critiquing a perceived faulty point of view.

To be honest, both T's and F's do this, but I have been personally attacked mostly by INFJs (namely Kiddo), and a few INTPs.

When engaging in any form of heated discussion or debate with you, I can't help but notice your positions to be firmly grounded in/on your feelings.

And by "feelings", I mean that you seem to be incredibly defensive and take neutral or relatively benign opinions/statements, personally.

First, let me summarize why I'm actually defending MP this time: Nothing I've read so far is remotely good evidence of MP being an "F".

What just kills me (at a thinking level, actually) is that suspicion was first raised about MP's type by bluewing, an obvious Te-prefferer. And now people have forgotten about questioning BW's obvious typing, and gone on to bother MP. And you know what kills me even more? MP's posts have a ton of Ti in them! And yet he's the one being questioned instead of BW.

And by the way, Kiddo is very obviously NOT an INFJ. He has one of the most obvious Fi-prefference of anyone on this forum--- a definate __FP type.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Well, here's what's interesting.

You and I have disagreed in several threads on several different topics recently, yet it has been *you* not I, who has taken to personally criticizing me, i.e. engaging in/committing an ad hominum abusive, rather than critiquing a perceived faulty point of view.

To be honest, both T's and F's do this, but I have been personally attacked mostly by INFJs (namely Kiddo), and a few INTPs.

When engaging in any form of heated discussion or debate with you, I can't help but notice your positions to be firmly grounded in/on your feelings.

I think this is selective observation.

When comparing this to my life experience, I can't help but laugh in a "amazing how people give me no way out" sort of way. Again, I know that I can't prove this to you, but in personal life I've been subjected to criticism for being insensitive and detached, excessively analyitical and pedantic, and not being aggressive enough. So, facing this current subject here, is extraordinary.

Now I've already said many times, all over this forum, that I'm emotional here, than in normal life. Because, 1: there's safety in anonymity and distance, which allows me to let my guard down and experiment. 2: this forum is dedicated to a subject on which I feel that I'm in my element, and that I am dedicated to. I have found that Ts and Fs, Ps and Js alike, have a tendency to get pretty fierce when dealing with arguments over subjects that are important to them.

That being said, while admitting to being more emotional, I don't think I've been nearly as aggressive or presumptios as you say. Maybe I just coincidentally happened to do more of that lately, but I think I've been my normal, passive, open-ended self for most of my time on this forum.

Also, as another little note, CC, it seems like you tend to mistake my hypothetical propositions for things I actually believe, which might cause confusion. I have tendency to play devil's advocate for the sake of argument. Maybe you didn't realize that.
    Last edited by Magic Poriferan; 08-09-2008 at 04:33 AM.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    istp

based on my observations of others, thinking and feeling are not always obvious. considering our society, i would expect a "thinker" to recognize the advantages Fe has to offer, and, as nocap points out, feelers may be emotionally inclined to appear more logical for whatever reason.

it's in the source for decision-making, not appearances. thinking tends to refer to calculation of objective data, feeling... personal experience, instinct, who knows what else. that is the question to ask when determining whether a person is one or the other.

personally, i keep my logic to myself in day to day life. that's logical, after all. <only weak, overly emotionally-expressive people use these, right?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    Does that make Fe a minefield? I kind of like that.
    Actually Fe is obvious while Fi is hidden. If Fi is a tripwire, then Fe must be the walls slowing closing in on you.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENFJ

Hey, Gabe,

What type am I?

Just curious.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I say we leave MP alone.

Having your apparent "essence" flayed by a group of would-be psychoanalysts has got to get irritating after awhile.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I say we leave MP alone.

Having your apparent "essence" flayed by a group of would-be psychoanalysts has got to get irritating after awhile.
    Quit wasting time and tell me why I'm ESFP.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I say we leave MP alone.

Dude. Night is such an F. All caring about people's feelings and stuff. I know, riiiioght.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    And by the way, Kiddo is very obviously NOT an INFJ. He has one of the most obvious Fi-prefference of anyone on this forum--- a definate __FP type.

Perhaps I cannot see this because his Fi values are diametrically opposed to mine.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles