breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    As in completely change your mind on your type once you go through some more major life changes/experiences or get out of a slump. That's what happens with a lot of the people who seem chronically undecided/unsure about their type.
    There is an age factor as well. Frontal lobe is not fully developed until 25 or so.

Some theorists argue that young adults have a serious conflict between their dominant and inferior function during this time.

It isn't that you change type, but that you can't see yourself clearly.

I typed as ISTP at 21 and 24, but I am not a ISTP in the least, just share the functions. I thought I lived life like a ISTP, while I really always lived like a ENFJ.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    It just doesn't seem like I use Sé as a Dominant Function at all. Maybe I am misunderstanding the concept of Extroverted Sensation, but from what I understand, it's taking in sensations within the present moment, taking action within the moment and perceiving the experience of that moment and storing sensory data as experiences. Making practical observations, and seeing things within a concrete realistic manner.

It doesn't seem like I am on the same wavelength as that. I don't know. It seems like I am away on a distant planet sometimes.

And also, I do think that some people take these descriptions of the functions too literally. You have to have some give and take within those descriptions.

And enneagram? Meh. I don't really care for that much tbh.
    I don't think that you really understand Se (like way too many people who talk about MBTI )

it's more fleeting than a storage function for things in a way... and it's hard to even perceive if you are using your dominant function most of the time because it's so natural and such a part of how you do things. The functions of an ESTP mean that, at times, you can just KNOW things about your environment... you don't even necessarily remember looking at the object in question, but you know that it's there and what state it's in... and you know the implications of all of that... using the functions of an ESTP together well you can process data from your surroundings and your mind quickly enough that you don't even realize that you're doing it which is why acting quickly and decisively is associated with the type (and it's a mistake to associate the type with concrete abilities... I'm kind of shit at many things that one would stereotype me as being awesome at this includes being somewhat oblivious to things like walls, injury prone and clumsy and I do have an imagination and interest in non-concrete things). No function is stand alone and to try and figure out your type by looking at them as individual things is like fighting with seaweed

not telling you that you are one, but I AM telling you that your perceptions of the type seem a bit stereotypical and off
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I don't think that you really understand Se (like way too many people who talk about MBTI )

it's more fleeting than a storage function for things in a way... and it's hard to even perceive if you are using your dominant function most of the time because it's so natural and such a part of how you do things. The functions of an ESTP mean that, at times, you can just KNOW things about your environment... you don't even necessarily remember looking at the object in question, but you know that it's there and what state it's in... and you know the implications of all of that... using the functions of an ESTP together well you can process data from your surroundings and your mind quickly enough that you don't even realize that you're doing it which is why acting quickly and decisively is associated with the type (and it's a mistake to associate the type with concrete abilities... I'm kind of shit at many things that one would stereotype me as being awesome at this includes being somewhat oblivious to things like walls, injury prone and clumsy and I do have an imagination and interest in non-concrete things). No function is stand alone and to try and figure out your type by looking at them as individual things is like fighting with seaweed

not telling you that you are one, but I AM telling you that your perceptions of the type seem a bit stereotypical and off
    Ok, fine.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Ok, fine.
    Like I said, not telling you what you are or aren't but some stereotypes need to die, be buried at a crossroads and have a stake driven through their hearts!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes yama, Dreamer liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Like I said, not telling you what you are or aren't but some stereotypes need to die, be buried at a crossroads and have a stake driven through their hearts!
    True.

I've been typed pretty much everything though, lol.

MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Well, if anything, you seem to use Se/Ni, come off as an extrovert, and are more likely a T.

Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    Well, if anything, you seem to use Se/Ni, come off as an extrovert, and are more likely a T.
    Sure.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx

@Rico

You come across as an.. assertive type. ExTJ or ESTP.

Your posts are pretty staccato. Like, staccato enough to be a pretty good giveaway. Not as fluid as I'd expect from a Pe dom. My vote is for Te dom.

Not enough to go on for a good, solid, certain stab at an aux, but Ni is more likely from what I've seen. But yeah, my stab at that is less 'right into the jugular with precision and finesse' and more 'accidentally grazed the skin on my own arm like a dumbass.'
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes FutureInProgress liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    @Rico

You come across as an.. assertive type. ExTJ or ESTP.

Your posts are pretty staccato. Like, staccato enough to be a pretty good giveaway. Not as fluid as I'd expect from a Pe dom. My vote is for Te dom.

Not enough to go on for a good, solid, certain stab at an aux, but Ni is more likely from what I've seen. But yeah, my stab at that is less 'right into the jugular with precision and finesse' and more 'accidentally grazed the skin on my own arm like a dumbass.'

Yes. I have gotten that before.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yes. I have gotten that before.
    I actually think INFP. Only because the tone of your posts remind me of my brother, who is one. Other than that, I have no clue and "talking" online is no determination of type so take with a grain of salt.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance