• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I read his posts (usually by accident, or when someone reports them) his arguments are presented logically and he seems to know how to divide his feelings about things from the argument at hand.

Reported? I've never been warned or infracted. :thinking:

I guess what's funny is that most of the time people would bother reporting me would probably be the times that I am most showing my supposed status as an F. So if I seem like a Thinker then...

But there's another interesting point. Dividing feelings and the argument at hand. What does this tell us about someone's type? Should someone who is not a Feeler simply not involve their Feelings, or can they still have them but seperate them?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
If I had to brand Magic, I would go with "sensitive INTP," but I wouldn't go F. When I read his posts (usually by accident, or when someone reports them) his arguments are presented logically and he seems to know how to divide his feelings about things from the argument at hand. Granted, I've really only read a handful of posts, but that's my impression.

This has always been my read on him, as well.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"sensitive entp" , wow that sounds great. Just makes no sense, but it really sounds great :D

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Reported? I've never been warned or infracted. :thinking:

I guess what's funny is that most of the time people would bother reporting me would probably be the times that I am most showing my supposed status as an F. So if I seem like a Thinker then...

Yeah...that was a joke. (Or was it?)

But there's another interesting point. Dividing feelings and the argument at hand. What does this tell us about someone's type? Should someone who is not a Feeler simply not involve their Feelings, or can they still have them but seperate them?

I think of T as a need for consistency and order. Feelings play a role in the big picture because if you really dig down into arguments, you'll eventually find a value system that's based on feelings, even if it's disguised as some kind of "principle." Being able to identify when feelings and arbitrary values are being summoned in an argument is the sign of a strong intuitive thinker. The display of those emotions is another matter which to me speaks more to emotional maturity than to type.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think of T as a need for consistency and order. Feelings play a role in the big picture because if you really dig down into arguments, you'll eventually find a value system that's based on feelings, even if it's disguised as some kind of "principle."

Just to be clear, are you saying that every argument alludes to a value system or every argument is based on feelings? Those are completely different things to me and the first one sounds much more plausible.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Just to be clear, are you saying that every argument alludes to a value system or every argument is based on feelings? Those are completely different things to me and the first one sounds much more plausible.

The first one.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The first one.

Definitely the first one. I'm not sure how anyone would make a decent argument saying otherwise.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Poriferan, take it from an expert: You're an F.
Or don't take it. I don't care.
Your acceptance/awareness of it doesn't change the fact that you are.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Poriferan, take it from an expert: You're an F.
Or don't take it. I don't care.
Your acceptance/awareness of it doesn't change the fact that you are.

So, am I an F, Nocap ol buddy?

:wubbie::hug::blush::steam::cry::hi:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Implicitly son.

And she's not the expert I'm talking about.
And I'd like to make it explicitly apparent that I don't approve of your cheekiness.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Hm, things are tense around here. Again one of these good ol' T F problems.
Oh well, since I'm slightly unsure of my type I'll give it a shot:
- Type Dwigie :)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now, since people obviously don't work this way, where is the line drawn? I certainly do what is attributed Ti, constantly. The case for me being a Feeler has never so much been the absence of Ti processes, but the highlighting of the presence of what are allegedly Fi processes in my behavior. So what do we make of this?

Do I use more Fi than Ti? I would argue that this assertion is simply not true. Is my over-all point guided by Fi or Ti? I do not know, because that's harder to locate. I would argue, however, that every human being is guided by Feeling. Thinking does not provide motivation, by definition. So this would really be an useful measure for distinguishing people. Then things are further complicated by context. For example, there are some topics in which nearly everyone comes across like a Feeler, because the focus of the topic itself does not demand much Thinking. So anyone that bothers to post in it is likely to express Feelings, like a farewell thread. So what does one make of all of these things when determining type?

And what of the dichotomies? Is it possible that I apply more Thinking and Feeling than most people? I have to say that most attempts to prove that I am a Feeler have actually done more to make me doubt the validity of the entire MBTI.

Say, have you ever taken the Cognitive Processes test? I don't remember seeing one by you? You're a lot like me (Playing with the different theories, and can be sensitive when dealing with other people; though you seem to go a bit beyond me, like the criticism of Nocapsy, though this would seem to me more like a projective Fe than necessarily Fi). Some people insisted that I was F, but the CP test showed where I do have stronger F (both attitudes) than most INTP's, for whom Fe is the weakest, and Fi midway. (There are even debates over on INTPc as to whether Fe should be the 8th, rather than Fi). That's why I say that the strengths can vary, but the roles will fall into the Beebe archetype model. I even had elfinchilde over at the Pudding break it down, and it fit perfectly!

So it would be interesting to see how you score on the CP test.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eric, I did take the CP test before. Multiple times in fact. It does show me as having very high Fi, and I've mentioned this before, but overall, I still have more Thinking than Feeling, and of all the Thinking types out there, my pattern comes the closest to INTP (or so it said).

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Do you look down on INFPs as your misguided little brothers and sisters?